Do Not Sell My Personal Information

issue turning on remote climate control

CBphev

Anyone else having issues recently with remote climate control.  When trying to turn on I get a message saying error, the climate control cannot be switched on or off.  Ensure all the doors of the car are closed properly and try again.

If i use the key, to turn on climate, it works fine, and then the app will work as normally to turn it off and on

All the doors are closed, the car locks, all interior lights go off as normal, remote key AC works fine - which makes me think it is the app / servers that have the issue rather than the car.

Its so inconvenient not being able to turn your car heat on without having to open the front door and press the button (also cant set front demist on!) - I know a 1st world problem eh!

Are there reviews of the app from other users? If so, what problems are they having.

Interesting, I was about to post an issue I had yesterday. The car had only a few miles left on EV range and I wanted to set the car to ‘charge now’. Opened the app and selected the charge mode and selected charge now, the app waited a short while then hung up. I rebooted the app a couple of times and when eventually I got the app back nothing much was showing, it was like the app did not recognise I or the car existed. I checked the car physically and found that the car was actually set to charge now. After a couple of hours and rebooting the app the correct screens appeared and I was logged in OK.  I concluded that one of the seemingly regular server issue had occurred. As the car is parked in the same place as it always is I know that there are no issues with the SIM getting a signal and of course the car had received the message to charge now.

So it could be that the  there was a server outage that dropped the climate control option? The climate control option does not appear when the car is being charged.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ernieb said:

Interesting, I was about to post an issue I had yesterday. The car had only a few miles left on EV range and I wanted to set the car to ‘charge now’. Opened the app and selected the charge mode and selected charge now, the app waited a short while then hung up. I rebooted the app a couple of times and when eventually I got the app back nothing much was showing, it was like the app did not recognise I or the car existed. I checked the car physically and found that the car was actually set to charge now. After a couple of hours and rebooting the app the correct screens appeared and I was logged in OK.  I concluded that one of the seemingly regular server issue had occurred. As the car is parked in the same place as it always is I know that there are no issues with the SIM getting a signal and of course the car had received the message to charge now.

So it could be that the  there was a server outage that dropped the climate control option? The climate control option does not appear when the car is being charged.

Not had any of these issues and use the App regularly for preconditioning. Sometimes I'm waiting 10 or 12 seconds before the app responds to the request but it always works. But, I never used it yesterday.

Peugeot server on the 3008 hybrid4 worked once in a blue moon of trying irrespective of car location and reception. We should count ourselves lucky with Toyota 😉

Thanks guys, I regulary find that turning the climate on through the app takes 20 secs or so, but like Nick said, it always happens.

Ernie, I am 95% sure I can turn on the remote the climate through the app whilst it is charging.

Maybe my issues have been a little server glitch but will keep an eye on it!

• Like 1

I can definitely turn on remote climate via App or key fob when the car is charging. That's through a 7.4kW wall box so it might be different on a granny charger.

14 hours ago, ernieb said:

Similar happened with mine - sorted now.

• Like 1

Nick, Chris, that's interesting. I was using the granny cable, that's all I have, and when I finally got the app fired back up the normal two buttons on the home page, conditioning and charge, were replaced by one big charge button right across the screen.  I'll double check when I next need to charge the car. It may have been that the app was still sorting itself out and I guess the page configuration may have looked like it was an HEV rather than a PHEV?  I was forcing the car to charge rather than allowing it to follow the schedule I've set up.

As a matter of interest I've still not been able to recover the lost trip I had a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ernieb said:

Nick, Chris, that's interesting. I was using the granny cable, that's all I have, and when I finally got the app fired back up the normal two buttons on the home page, conditioning and charge, were replaced by one big charge button right across the screen.  I'll double check when I next need to charge the car. It may have been that the app was still sorting itself out and I guess the page configuration may have looked like it was an HEV rather than a PHEV?  I was forcing the car to charge rather than allowing it to follow the schedule I've set up.

As a matter of interest I've still not been able to recover the lost trip I had a couple of weeks ago.

I'm losing trips all the time. Given up on it being a reliable method for business mileage recording. Back to writing down the odometer readings before and after every trip on a post it note.

1 hour ago, Nick72 said:

I'm losing trips all the time. Given up on it being a reliable method for business mileage recording. Back to writing down the odometer readings before and after every trip on a post it note.

That’s a shame and frankly very sad.

• Like 1