Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla GR Sport MY22

christianjones

Hi. Wondering if anyone can help, there seems to be a discrepancy between some of the product brochures/spec lists on the Toyota website and some spec lists dealers are giving out on Carwow etc.

Does anyone have an up to date and accurate spec list for the MY22 Corolla GR sport? Specifically does it have keyless/smart entry and blind spot monitoring? What else does the GR Sport loose compared to the excel model, except the leather seats and exterior design features.

Thanks  in advance 😀

It has had Smart Entry since mid 2021 and still shows as having it on the UK site. No UK Corolla's have Blind Spot monitoring.

Other than that I think its minor detail differences like ambient lighting, leather-like arm rests (you get fabric instead), apart from the leather seats but you do gain the HUD. You also lose the option to upgrade to the JBL sound, and I don't think panoramic roof is possible either and limited colour choice. Also you get regular LED headlights instead of Bi-LED - mixed comments here but not a dealbreaker seems to be the consensus - maybe the Bi-Led is a little more "focussed" but the LED lights are good anyway. Maybe parking assist is missing? But seems it doesn't work well in the Corolla anymore (it was great in the Auris)

Others may no more, but the only other thing is you gain some styling details, but these are cosmetic - there's no performance or handling differences between the two. I like leather so went Excel, but it was a close thing between Excel and GR Sport. I miss the HUD having seen it on the other half's Mk4 Yaris ( you also get a third dash layout and a "3d" effect LCD screen.

3 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

It has had Smart Entry since mid 2021 and still shows as having it on the UK site. No UK Corolla's have Blind Spot monitoring.

Other than that I think its minor detail differences like ambient lighting, leather-like arm rests (you get fabric instead), apart from the leather seats but you do gain the HUD. You also lose the option to upgrade to the JBL sound, and I don't think panoramic roof is possible either and limited colour choice. Also you get regular LED headlights instead of Bi-LED - mixed comments here but not a dealbreaker seems to be the consensus - maybe the Bi-Led is a little more "focussed" but the LED lights are good anyway. Maybe parking assist is missing? But seems it doesn't work well in the Corolla anymore (it was great in the Auris)

Others may no more, but the only other thing is you gain some styling details, but these are cosmetic - there's no performance or handling differences between the two. I like leather so went Excel, but it was a close thing between Excel and GR Sport. I miss the HUD having seen it on the other half's Mk4 Yaris ( you also get a third dash layout and a "3d" effect LCD screen.

Thanks for clarifying and for all the info, that’s much appreciated 👍

One more I forgot - the Excel I believe is the only trim that has acoustic glass, so is a little quieter inside. I actually find the Corolla generally quieter than the Auris, despite it running on 18 inch rims with Falcons.

And shows both have Intelligent Parking Assist....

2 hours ago, christianjones said:

Hi. Wondering if anyone can help, there seems to be a discrepancy between some of the product brochures/spec lists on the Toyota website and some spec lists dealers are giving out on Carwow etc.

Does anyone have an up to date and accurate spec list for the MY22 Corolla GR sport? Specifically does it have keyless/smart entry and blind spot monitoring? What else does the GR Sport loose compared to the excel model, except the leather seats and exterior design features.

Thanks  in advance 😀

From my understanding the specs and site is to be updated in February.

I remember seeing someone from Toyota comment that it’s coming very soon, and another stating that Feb is when things are due to change. So expect it from next week.

In the main, not much is changing, just the minor thing here and there.

In general

the Toyota website will be more accurate than carwow

5 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

One more I forgot - the Excel I believe is the only trim that has acoustic glass, so is a little quieter inside. I actually find the Corolla generally quieter than the Auris, despite it running on 18 inch rims with Falcons.

Ahah, interesting!   When my windscreen was replaced by Autoglass (motorway stone strike) they fitted acoustic glass. It is so effective that we are now constantly irritated by all the noises we couldn't hear before. I hadn't realised that it wasn't a like for like replacement.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, scott Sheppard said:

Has anyone got a date for there  my22 gr sport yet 

Mine pushed to end march, 2.0 bitone, but might be sooner, if it has productuon code c5h, it'll get the new key fob that prevents relay attack 

3 minutes ago, simond64 said:

Mine pushed to end march, 2.0 bitone, but might be sooner, if it has productuon code c5h, it'll get the new key fob that prevents relay attack 

When did you order?  I ordered my 1.8 GR Sport end of Jab, so not long ago at all. Estimated date still 30/08/22. But I do expect that to change because my scheme has not received an official date from manufacturer.

On 1/25/2022 at 2:20 PM, trashman1965 said:

2.0 has acoustic glass over 1.8 regardless of trim

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Perry313 said:

When did you order?  I ordered my 1.8 GR Sport end of Jab, so not long ago at all. Estimated date still 30/08/22. But I do expect that to change because my scheme has not received an official date from manufacturer.

4 Dec

10 hours ago, simond64 said:

6th April for me, 2.0 lit bi tone

Ordered my 2.0l bi tone GR sport in November. Picked it up last week. Came with new head unit, smart entry, spare wheel.  No blind spot monitoring.

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2022 at 2:20 PM, trashman1965 said:

Only on the T/S I have the hatchback and it’s not got acoustic glass unless they’ve changed it on the latest spec

How does one distinguish acoustic glass from a regular one?

4 hours ago, Maxdkm said:

Ordered my 2.0l bi tone GR sport in November. Picked it up last week. Came with new head unit, smart entry, spare wheel.  No blind spot monitoring.

Did u get the updated key fob that stops transmitting when stationary to stop replay attacks

23 hours ago, Rosgoe said:

Only on the T/S I have the hatchback and it’s not got acoustic glass unless they’ve changed it on the latest spec

Clarification was added:

On 2/15/2022 at 9:03 PM, Devon Aygo said:

2.0 has acoustic glass over 1.8 regardless of trim

23 hours ago, RzrAzr said:

How does one distinguish acoustic glass from a regular one?

Acoustic side glass is double glazed so you will see two panes bonded together when you lower the windows.

On 2/16/2022 at 8:49 PM, simond64 said:

Did u get the updated key fob that stops transmitting when stationary to stop replay attacks

Yes, I can stop it transmitting. I do not think it does this automatically though.

11 minutes ago, Maxdkm said:

Yes, I can stop it transmitting. I do not think it does this automatically though.

After around 5 minutes of inactivity/no motion, the key stops transmitting a signal. So if you hang the keys up at home, they won’t transmit the signal preventing repeaters from being effective.

This is automatic with MY22

Although they do stop transmitting after a few minutes, I still use a Faraday pouch. They're cheap as chips and do work. Iv'e tried to unlock my car with the buttons on the fob while my keys are inside the pouch. Absolutely nothing. 

On 2/17/2022 at 7:34 PM, Kental said:

Acoustic side glass is double glazed so you will see two panes bonded together when you lower the windows.

Oh yeah, it does look like two panes bonded together. Friend had a 7 series e38 back in late 90s... now that thing was borderline bulletproof, the glass was so thick, still doubling up on the glass probably has its benefits even with thin layers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links