Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Memory Card Reader

Richard Elliott45

Does a Corolla Sports Tourer have a music memory card reader as part of the infotainment system? 

No.

But i think if you buy an usb card reader, you can then use it in the usb port of the system.

Not really sure what you mean by a Memory Card reader Richard but I have all my music tracks on a unobtrusive USB stick in the slot under the dashboard. Small in size but big enough to hold hundreds of albums.

Like this one, only a couple of millimeters stick out:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruzer-Fit-Flash-Drive-SDCZ33-064G-B35/dp/B00FJRS6QY?th=1

• Like 1

A USB card reader will do the job if you have SD or Micro SD - VW still use SD for media

1 hour ago, FiestaRed said:

I have all my music tracks on a unobtrusive USB stick in the slot under the dashboard. 

I have tried this unsuccessfully with an external USB drive. It's not a big deal as I use Android Auto with my music all stored on my phone but out of interest what format how you format your SD Card?

Mines formatted NTFS, I guessing it needs to be Exfat?

QNX (RTOS of the touch2 systems) like it to be in FAT32 (pc or Linux as there are known issues with Mac), if you have the sat nav module fitted you can turn on NTFS support in the hidden menu

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

if you have the sat nav module fitted you can turn on NTFS support in the hidden menu

Hidden menu?

Mine's a 2021 UK Spec Corolla, will mine have a hidden menu, and if so how do I find it? 😁

13 hours ago, Extreme_One said:

Hidden menu?

Mine's a 2021 UK Spec Corolla, will mine have a hidden menu, and if so how do I find it? 😁

Never mind, found the hidden menu, no option to change to NTFS. 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1

Amazon have USB card readers from £2.50 upwards. Card in reader, reader in socket, job done. 

If you don't want it sticking out you can get an angled adapter. Or you could get a wired extender. 

18 hours ago, Extreme_One said:

I have tried this unsuccessfully with an external USB drive. It's not a big deal as I use Android Auto with my music all stored on my phone but out of interest what format how you format your SD Card?

Mines formatted NTFS, I guessing it needs to be Exfat?

All that is beyond me sorry.
I originally copied my CDs to iTunes on Windows and transferred those to a USB stick. Now if I want to add an album or single track I just add it to Windows and download from there to the same USB stick. Being a photographer, the only SD cards I've ever used was many years ago in early digital cameras.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extreme_One said:

Never mind, found the hidden menu, no option to change to NTFS. 🤷‍♂️

But did you find the correct hidden menu as there are 4 all accessed by different methods

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

But did you find the correct hidden menu as there are 4 all accessed by different methods

Thanks. Mine's a different system. 😬

25 minutes ago, flash22 said:

its the same basic RTOS

I suppose that's a possibility, but the interface is completely different. 🤷‍♂️

On 1/26/2022 at 8:59 AM, Extreme_One said:

Never mind, found the hidden menu, no option to change to NTFS.

Memory cards can be formatted in a number of ways exFAT, NTFS and Fat32. Toyotas like a FAT32 system, which is usually used on cards less than 32GB

Insert the memory card/USB etc., and then open the dialog box to format it. Go to the File system and select FAT32.

This will work on cards up to 32GB, Any bigger and there is a whole other process to format to FAT32

fat32.jpg

10 hours ago, Big_D said:

Memory cards can be formatted in a number of ways exFAT, NTFS and Fat32. Toyotas like a FAT32 system, which is usually used on cards less than 32GB

Insert the memory card/USB etc., and then open the dialog box to format it. Go to the File system and select FAT32.

This will work on cards up to 32GB, Any bigger and there is a whole other process to format to FAT32

fat32.jpg

Thanks. 👍 I know how, my external drive is already formatted to NTFS.

Apparently some models have a hidden setting which enables them to read a NTFS disc.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links