Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drive shaft

Darren o Donohoe

When a drive shaft breaks can it make

a rip threw the clutch 

16 hours ago, Darren o Donohoe said:

When a drive shaft breaks can it make

a rip threw the clutch 

Is yours petrol or diesel? When the shaft snapped, what were you doing at the time (driving wise), what circumstances were happening at the time when it snapped i.e. was there full load on the engine and clutch, were the wheels slipping, was it an emergency acceleration scenario? It would have to be an exceptional scenario to snap a shaft?

• Like 1

Driving down the hill  when it went car is 1.6 petrol 06 only got gear box done  and clutch then week later car won’t go in to gear garage said drive shaft went and ripped a lie in new clutch so that had to be replace again speed I was doing was 40 km  in 3rd gear 

Without knowing the full story hard to say, but it is very, very unusual for a shaft to snap, let alone then take out a new clutch, By the sound of what you say there wasn't any aggressive driving going on at the time? Even so, manufacturers design a part to be massively overengineered, so things like drive shafts can normally take all manner of abuse and stay in one piece.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links