Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 wont start

Jim cook

Afternoon all new member and needing help. I just cleaned my egr valve this morning not the 1st time. This time ive cleaned it and refitted it. I turned the key and it was trying to start and wouldnt rev to clear itself then cut out. Now it just turns over and over i have no idea whats happened. Is there a way to read for faults without a machine?

Hey,

There isn't a way to read fault codes without a reader as far as I'm aware, however readers can be purchased pretty cheap for a standard one.

Have you double checked that you plugged the EGR back in? Would it be possible for you to post a video of what the car is/ isn't doing?

What did you use to clean the EGR? Did you also clean out the manifold which the EGR sits on? If so, how did you do that?

I clean the bit where the egr bolts. When i got it started after fitting it it spluttered to life. I put my foot on throttle but it never raised just sat near enough ideal then died. All its doing now is turning over. Can here injectors ticking away. Plugs in and i removed it and plugged it in again no difference 

I clean the bit where the egr bolts. When i got it started after fitting it it spluttered to life. I put my foot on throttle but it never raised just sat near enough ideal then died. All its doing now is turning over. Can here injectors ticking away. Plugs in and i removed it and plugged it in again no difference. Traction control light on vsc and engine light on as well

If you disconnect the Battery the faults will clear and it might start. 

The if it starts the lights might come back on but at least you'll know that it runs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links