Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air-Con regass at 2 years ?

st901

10 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Unnecessary use of air conditioning uses extra power from the battery, reduces efficiency and may add extra moisture to the cabin and windscreen.

AC does not add moisture in any condition.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, presence said:

AC does not add moisture in any condition.

Quite the opposite in fact 🙂

https://aircondlounge.com/do-air-conditioners-make-the-air-too-dry-and-cause-sick/#:~:text=It turns out air conditioner,the air during this process.

• Like 4

I parted with a mitsubishi after 15 trouble free yrs in Spain,aircon as new untouched. Aswell as service personel planting mindbombs of doubt,so do car reviewers who said car was a dud. Toyota tried this dodge on me too.

Unnecessary use of AC in cars during the winter season with air stream towards windows and set in recirculating mode one of the most common reason why many people get moisture locked into the cabin and particularly windscreen that steams up and freezes from inside when cold. Not using the blower fan also is likely the reason why many in older models get white dust in dashboard as a result of corrosion and needs to change evaporator cores etc. AC set to ON or auto with green light illuminated will work from time to time no matter how cold or warm is outside as long as air temperature is above 4C°, if it’s below that the AC compressor will not turn ON even manually. AC does indeed help to clear off windscreen faster but immediately after been switched off will steam up your windows unless you turned off manually and let the fresh air coming from outside flows to dry out any moisture ( those water droplets left from the evaporator as per Andrew’s link)👍 Not using air conditioning during winter season or using from time to time only will not cause seals to fail, loss of gas, or reduce performance. Not using the blower fan though can cause more issues than not using the AC itself. This is only my view on that matter based on many years of experience on many vehicles including some latest models., the physics are the same and so the issues with hvac (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) in cars.
My advice is to always keep blower fan at speed at least 1 or 2 and use temperature settings with or without AC ON  as per your personal preference., change the pollen filter more often 👌

i live in Sussex but in general the main dealers of all manufacture's aren't that great. fine for selling but for anything else you need to be careful 

A dealer servicing your car is his bread and butter.  Any add ons (up selling) are the jam on the butty (sandwich to posher one 😄).  Any one who has had a business has probably done it, I know I did, but still gave value for money with the up sells (I didn’t up sell where there was no benefit to the customer).

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 9:46 PM, trashman1965 said:

Each to their own...I've had company and private cars where this was the norm during a service and a several private where I've used a bomb once or twice a year. Definitely seems fresher to me and not had any problems.

I've never had one included with a service, although they always seem to want to sell me one in recent years. With company cars, yes, it doesn't surprise me at all that they add it as a default strategy and charge leaseplan or whoever owns the car for the privilege. I've noticed that goes on a lot and extends to other items.

I look at the bombs a bit like so-called air fresheners (magic tree etc.). I don't put air fresheners in my cars because they're kept clean and therefore have nothing to hide. No need to add a pleasant smell if you don't have an unpleasant smell to mask. 😂

On 1/27/2022 at 5:10 PM, st901 said:

Toyota garage service rep has said that the air con system needs regassing  and should be done every 2 years

Did they also try to scare you with covid germs flying around and it really should be done 🤣? Bunch of rip offs, save your £120 for something else mate.