Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


spark plug socket Yaris mk3 1.33 NR-FE


Recommended Posts

I am not able to remove my spark plugs from my Yaris mk3 1.33 engine. 

I must be using the wrong tools as I cant grab the nut with the spark plug socket.

Tried 10mm, 12mm, 14mm for this kit. Only 10mm was able fit in the well but not griping the spark plug nut https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand-tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-150-pc-socket-and-spanner-set-735906.html

This goes down the well and also no grip. Freely moves left and right https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MH5ZDMD

Help on getting the right tool?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Not sure about mk3 Yaris, but for my Yaris and Avensis I used this tool

 

Sealey AK6557 Spark Plug Socket for Thin Wall, 3/8" Square Drive, 16mm https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0016WLFGY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_i_BR97GD7ASFQ3XKFEDQPE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Your first link is a socket set. Your second link should work as it is 16 mm. The torque should be very low.  Update it is not 16 mm but 15.87mm a little small which is for American cars. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, pixelfudge said:

I am not able to remove my spark plugs from my Yaris mk3 1.33 engine. 

The tool I used for the 1.33L engine was from Halfords and is a Laser Magnetic 14m Bi-Hex 3/8"D 250mm long. I'm reading that off the label on the actual tool. This was for the the SC16HR11 and SC16HR20 sized plugs.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/186870-133l-1nr-fe-engine-current-spark-plug-recommendation/?do=findComment&comment=1492618

https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand-tools/sockets-and-accessories/magnetic-plug-socket---14mm---3%2F8din-214288.html

 

49772827_Screenshot2022-01-28071608.thumb.jpg.f7c0575238135c38680068979b97de80.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Mooly, it's a long, thin wall, 14mm socket. Mine is a different make but exactly the same as Mr Mooly illustrates. The built in magnet, although not essential, makes it much easier for removal and replacing. Considerably reduces the risk of damaging the new plugs' tips when feeding down the "hole" and positioning for threading into the head.

Don't use that 5/8" tool, it's wrong!

Denso's website lists the correct tightening torques and also they advise no anti-seize or lubricant on the threads. Scroll down the linked page!

https://www.denso-am.eu/products/automotive-aftermarket/ignition/spark-plugs/installation/?_ga=2.258768588.717982677.1643367348-1017880498.1643367348

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 7:17 AM, Mooly said:

The tool I used for the 1.33L engine was from Halfords and is a Laser Magnetic 14m Bi-Hex 3/8"D 250mm long. I'm reading that off the label on the actual tool. This was for the the SC16HR11 and SC16HR20 sized plugs.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/186870-133l-1nr-fe-engine-current-spark-plug-recommendation/?do=findComment&comment=1492618

https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand-tools/sockets-and-accessories/magnetic-plug-socket---14mm---3%2F8din-214288.html

 

49772827_Screenshot2022-01-28071608.thumb.jpg.f7c0575238135c38680068979b97de80.jpg

This worked! Trouble was finding a place that stocked it. Ended up paying extra on Amazon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, pixelfudge said:

This worked! Trouble was finding a place that stocked it. Ended up paying extra on Amazon

Excellent, pleased to hear you were able to get the correct one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership