Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Le Mans 2022 Who's Going

NoBrakesWC

Anyone driving to Le Mans this year and getting the ferry from Portsmouth to Caen? Going down in my Aygo so would be nice to have a cruise down there. 

• Like 1

I'm going this year, long overdue as haven't been for past couple of years.

Always drive down as based in Poole and easy to get to Portsmouth as well.

Its always great fun to cruise down with the huge variety of performance cars and trying not to get a speeding ticket.

I went once (1990, the year Mazda won), The atmosphere before the start struck me like no other race I've attended. TBH, I've long stopped being a car race fan. I watched F1 for a long time time, until I became tired of Schumacher and Ferrari winning. I said I would start watching when he stopped racing. When I started watching again, I just found it boring*.

I would watch the 24 heures du Mans occasionally, after that. I was pleased to see the formula has become a formula for hybrid cars.

*when I was much younger and lived in the US, I would watch Nascar when I couldn't sleep!

Looking forward to it. Will be my first time going to Le Mans. We have a ferry booked on the Thursday at 8am. So early start setting off from London. 3 of us in my car which will be interesting with all the kit 😂

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone else is getting this ferry and wants to cruise down let me know. 🙂 

I'm going, been doing so with a bunch of mates for years but we have some pretty exotic machinery in the group, Aston, Ferrari, Porches oh and the odd Toyota. Should be a good one this year, especially mad Friday 😁😁😁

I'm assuming the Toyota is the exotic machine  😁