Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sat nav.

loz8

car showed its very first glitch,sat nav not keeping up with road numbers,as reported by co-driver as I never look at it.

Lawrence, that doesn't tell us very much. 

My Satnav seems to work properly in use except on one occasion and also a peculiar quwerk. 

Normal operation is snap to road.  When it gets 'lost' a couple of bends or junctions usually sorts it out.  One time it tracked across open country for a few miles until a major change of direction when it recovered. 

The other quwerk, and this more common, the route travelled, the breadcrumbs, is often well off the road.  OK while driving but wrong with the historic track; bit tricky if you are trying to back track. 

One thing I have found with the satnav in my car is that, if it is not used for a week or so, my local roads and lakes etc., disappear from the screen. The satnav gets used very rarely, as, most of the time, the car is used just to get my wife to and from work and, after over 20 years, I know where I am going now. 😄. It is easy to bring full details back to the map by planning a route back home. I am not sure if this is a glitch in the system or not. I turned off the 'breadcrumbs', as half the time, they showed me as having driven across nearby fields.

Danny boy, I think it's how it's designed. We have a network of back roads that are good for avoiding the A1.  They are not on the Satnav display unless you set a destination and then it starts to 'build up' the map. You can get them if you zoom in too. 

I guess the logic is for people travelling on a longer A to B journey.  My Garmin has a detailed setting from minimal to maximum 

4Mways to Blackpool map was fine and all is well now,but the bottom left of screen,the road no.was out of sync all the way.