Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IQ PCV valve

IQ Tris

Hello. This is my first post as just picked up my 2011 IQ3.  I would like to check the PCV valve to see if it needs cleaning. However im not sure where it is on the engine. I have the 1.3lt.  I've looked on line but only found pics of it on the 1lt.  Any help please.

The IQ uses the 1NRFE engine, TBH don't fix what isn't broke

Rear right top of the valve cover, as you look at the engine

12204-47010

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

12204-47010

OK i will take a look. Thanks Flash22

16 hours ago, flash22 said:

12204-47010

I found it where you said thanks.  It did need a clean too as it only had a very soft rattle, After blasting it with brake cleaner it sounds much louder as the little thing in it is now able to move freely. Thanks.

Hi Tris. Just out of interest, what is the mileage on your IQ3 ? Were you experiencing engine oil consumption or gasket leaks ? 

I have myself in the past cleaned PC valves on my old Leyland Mini and Opel Manta, using the same method you have described above.

The Toyota Tech for the IQ, advises attaching a clean pipe to each end of the valve and ensuring you can blow through from the direction of crankcase outlet - but not from the other direction. Failure of this simple test would indicate a clogged / faulty valve. The info does not suggest cleaning it, but simply to replace it.

Too many short journey's where the engine temperature fails to achieve normal temperature can cause the expelled oil mist to emulsify, and clog the PCV.

I doubt if any car manufacturers nowadays specify checking or cleaning the PCV - just like modern gearbox oils supposedly "filled for life".

Perhaps because modern oils are far superior to the old 20W / 50  and 10W/40 oils of yesteryear and are probably less prone to this problem.

It sounds as though your valve has benefitted from your cleaning. I'm assuming the valve on the IQ is just a push fit with no gaskets to renew?

1 hour ago, Antonio2 said:

Hi Tris. Just out of interest, what is the mileage on your IQ3 ? Were you experiencing engine oil consumption or gasket leaks ? 

I have myself in the past cleaned PC valves on my old Leyland Mini and Opel Manta, using the same method you have described above.

The Toyota Tech for the IQ, advises attaching a clean pipe to each end of the valve and ensuring you can blow through from the direction of crankcase outlet - but not from the other direction. Failure of this simple test would indicate a clogged / faulty valve. The info does not suggest cleaning it, but simply to replace it.

Too many short journey's where the engine temperature fails to achieve normal temperature can cause the expelled oil mist to emulsify, and clog the PCV.

I doubt if any car manufacturers nowadays specify checking or cleaning the PCV - just like modern gearbox oils supposedly "filled for life".

Perhaps because modern oils are far superior to the old 20W / 50  and 10W/40 oils of yesteryear and are probably less prone to this problem.

It sounds as though your valve has benefitted from your cleaning. I'm assuming the valve on the IQ is just a push fit with no gaskets to renew?

Hello Antonio. The car has done 38k, When ever i get a new car i just like to clean any sensors etc for my own piece of mind, I might take a look at the throttle body too!!   I just like things to be clean lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links