Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Costs 2.0 Hybrid

SpeedyJD

Hi Everyone.

I'm considering leasing a 2.0 Corolla Touring Sports Hybrid which is about £3000 upfront and £264 a month for 15K over 3 years. However on top of this cost is the servicing costs which I'd have to do myself from a Toyota main dealer.

Please could someone advise on the costs of servicing this car over 3 years. Thank you.

Have a read of this thread which discussed this recently:

Toyota will give you a personal quote, but my service plan for the same model is £24 monthly.

My cost of ownership via PCP is very similar to your quote. I have the Design model with factory fitted towbar and red pearlescent paint added as options.

Depends whether you're looking for a service plan or pay as you go.

15 minutes ago, Red_Corolla said:

Toyota will give you a personal quote, but my service plan for the same model is £24 monthly.

My cost of ownership via PCP is very similar to your quote. I have the Design model with factory fitted towbar and red pearlescent paint added as options.

Wow that is really cheap, please could I ask where you got a deal like that. Just had a quick look and it's more like £5000 deposit and £300 a month. Thank you.

Currently the 1st, 3rd, 5th etc service are Circa £19, and 2nd, 4th, 6th et are circa £345. It’s 12 monthly/10k miles whichever soonest.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Currently the 1st, 3rd, 5th etc service are Circa £19, and 2nd, 4th, 6th et are circa £345

Probably should be £190 for the Intermediate service (1st, 3rd, 5th, etc). Bear in mind these are the current prices, and don't allow for any price increases.

Toyota service intervals are 1 year or 10,000 miles, whichever comes first. Intermediate service at year 1, 3, 5, etc, and Full service at year 2, 4, 6, etc.

A service plan would fix your costs at the price when the plan is taken out.

Typo re £19, but it’s a nice thought. 😄

33 minutes ago, Red_Corolla said:

17 minutes ago, SpeedyJD said:

Wow that is really cheap, please could I ask where you got a deal like that. Just had a quick look and it's more like £5000 deposit and £300 a month. Thank you.

The £24 per month is for the service plan, not the PCP .......

52 minutes ago, SpeedyJD said:

I got 0% PCP and £1000 contribution from Toyota, which is what they were offering at the time. Don't know what it is now. I also got a decent discount from the dealer, which was John Roe, so the price of the car to start with was just under 27k rather than 30-odd after adding those options.

Carwow is a good place to start shopping around for dealer discounts. You'll have to reach out to dealer's for PCP quotes, but the key thing is how much they'll give you off the price of the car. Just be careful with the discount advertised because they tend to include finance contributions in that figure. You want to try and get a good discount from the dealers themselves - never pay full list!

• Like 2

The services will be - 

1st - £190

2nd - £340

3rd - £190

The intervals are 10k/12m. 

If you’re considering leasing then get a PCP quote through Carwow for comparison. I took out a PCP in May 21 with the list price being £28010 after discount. Today Motorway estimate £27780 and WBAC offer £27215 so it’s hardly lost anything. I appreciate this is not the norm but also the fact that new car registrations are significantly down on the usual figures means cars made in 21/22 may also carry a premium for a while due to there being less of them. 

Current service prices over 3 years would total £720. That's 2 intermediats and 1 full service. Divided by 36 months is £20 a month. See if Toyota can give you a service  plan at £20 month armed with these figures.  But prices could go up in the next 3 years. A service plan is fixed for 3 years so bear that in mind.

21 hours ago, Catlover said:

Typo re £19, but it’s a nice thought. 😄

That would just about cover driving the car into the workshop 😀😀

28 minutes ago, Chris Nutt said:

That would just about cover driving the car into the workshop 😀😀

Probably true. 😵

I was qouted for next 3 yrs 

full,intermediate then full for 870£

21£ per month

1 hour ago, Auris2010 said:

I was qouted for next 3 yrs 

full,intermediate then full for 870£

21£ per month

That works out at £756

did you get figure for each service? Or anything else added in ie mot at end year 3. Still, 36*21=756.   36*24.16=870

On 1/30/2022 at 1:49 PM, Red_Corolla said:

I got 0% PCP and £1000 contribution from Toyota, which is what they were offering at the time. Don't know what it is now. I also got a decent discount from the dealer, which was John Roe, so the price of the car to start with was just under 27k rather than 30-odd after adding those options.

Carwow is a good place to start shopping around for dealer discounts. You'll have to reach out to dealer's for PCP quotes, but the key thing is how much they'll give you off the price of the car. Just be careful with the discount advertised because they tend to include finance contributions in that figure. You want to try and get a good discount from the dealers themselves - never pay full list!

Think I will be ordering the 2.0 hb excel with JBL and pan roof for £27,887 from carwow in the next few months. Toyota are still offering £1000 and 0% for 42months. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Catlover said:

That works out at £756

did you get figure for each service? Or anything else added in ie mot at end year 3. Still, 36*21=756.   36*24.16=870

I pay £719 over three years, which is the exact amount I would pay anyway for the standard three services (this includes break fluid change, collection and delivery, express service, courtesy car, 10% Discount on accessories, 10% Discount on mechanical repairs). I had a service plan with my previous van and found it very useful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Think I will be ordering the 2.0 hb excel with JBL and pan roof for £27,887 from carwow in the next few months. Toyota are still offering £1000 and 0% for 42months. 

Carwow was great for negotiating with my local dealer 😀

• Like 3

Ordered mine from Carwow too. It was a great deal £23.6k for 1.8 TS icon tech in standard white - £4k down on the original price. PCP for 18k miles per year works out £2k deposit + £272ish per month for 42 months and £10.2k at the end. Will most likely buy the car at the end especially if the used cars are still so expensive. 

For comparison the car I test drove at the same dealer I got the offer from (in Carwow) was the same 1.8 TS icon tech (In black) 70 reg with 11k miles priced at £26k

Used cars have gone insanely expensive. I wasn't planning on buying a new car at all, until I started surching for used ones. Always been servicing my cars myself. Generally love touching here and there, but those days will be gone when I get the Corolla. Hate the dealers charging crazy money for servicing. 

Asked the dealer for a service plan when I purchased the car, but he said wait until you get the car. Will talk about later😀 Heard good reviews for Toyota's customer service though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

That works out at £756

its for 2.0L service year 4-6. 

its initial payment of 26.22 then 21.09 for 40months.

I haven't agreed to the plan yet, if with MOT on each year £24.47 for 40months.

for year 1-3 just paid £720

On 1/31/2022 at 3:54 PM, bunnyrabbit03 said:

Carwow was great for negotiating with my local dealer 😀

100% i was about to sign up with my local dealer and got a quote via Carwow with an additional 2k reduction so sent the quote to my local dealer and they all but matched it.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2022 at 1:49 PM, Red_Corolla said:

Got mine thru carwow as well. Did you buy from John Roe at Hull?! My local dealer could not match carwow deal. 

Got mine 1.8 TS a week ago and bought 5 services ahead at a time for £1250 paid over 26 months. It works out an average of £250 per service - 3 intermittent and 2 major. Will be doing 18-20k miles per year so almost 2 services every 12 months. This price is promised and won't change if there are any future increases. 

13 hours ago, Spo2 said:

Got mine thru carwow as well. Did you buy from John Roe at Hull?! My local dealer could not match carwow deal. 

S$%&^(*)Ihorpe. Nearest of their branches to me, all the local Toyota dealers in S Yorks are Burrows.

PX value was the clincher. Everyone else wanted to go over the old car with a fine toothcomb before making a derisory offer, whereas JR offered me a better price without even seeing it.