Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Switching off internal alarm

Bernerlap

Hi 

we’ve just taken delivery of our Highlander but we can’t work out how to switch off the internal sensors when we leave the dogs inside. Does anyone know how to do this. Thanks

On Toyotas there is usually a switch to do this on the interior light switch panel.

41 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

On Toyotas there is usually a switch to do this on the interior light switch panel.

There isn’t. I looked after I noticed it on another forum.

I've had a quick look at the owners manual (attached) - operation of the alarm is from page 96, but there doesn't seem to be mention of disabling the interior sensors. Does the dealer not know?

OM48M30E.pdf

That’s a good question . I also assumed there is a button near the internal lights . The manual suggests you set the alarm when you lock the car remotely with the fob or lock using the entry system . How about locking the car with the mechanical key instead ?

Yes page 513 of the manual - using the mechanical key to lock the doors will not set the alarm system ..

13 hours ago, Giagia13 said:

Yes page 513 of the manual - using the mechanical key to lock the doors will not set the alarm system ..

Thanks, the dealers also got back to me. The new high tec Highlander apparently doesn’t have a conventional internal censor but some clever gizmos linked to glass that dogs won’t set off. I’d love to know what the salesman showed me how to do when we collected the car on Tuesday. No wonder it didn’t !Removed! we’ll work.

13 hours ago, Giagia13 said:

PS there isn’t a mechanical key for our Highlander 😂😂😂

It's internal on the fob isnt it? The ring to fasten the fob to a keyring is normally on the mechanical key 

• 2 weeks later...

Year highlander  on the 22 platinium   if you scroll down to settings hold ok  scroll down there is an option to turn that warning off

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links