Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed Camera Warnings on 2ltr Corolla GR Sport

KWr

Can anybody out there confirm whether  or not their Corolla GR Sport has  a "Sound" warning when approaching "Speed Camera's" when in Say Nav mode.

If you have,please,please,please can you guide me through turning it on.

Toyota Dealership and myself have spent two hours trying to set this up.

This include connecting to the fault diagnosis hub at the dealership!

Car is MY 21.5 registered 28/1/2022

Mine is a gr too, I'm not sure I've heard any either.

Guy at Dealership has Excel, his flahes and beeps when he approaches a camera and traffic light camera too. Says it was already set up when he got his.

He has tried to help but not successful, says he will ask at headquarters but it could take a while for any response!

I also downloaded "Coyote"  from E Store, currently this does nothing at all ?

Hi, I have a 2020 2.0L GR Sport and can confirm that, when displaying the SatNav screen, it flashes and beeps when approaching speed cameras. It was already like this when I took delivery of the car from new.

• Thanks 1

Have you got the latest map update (2021V2) if the sat nav has been updated OTA the speed camera alerts won’t show unless you connect the sat nav to your phones internet. It’s the same with coyote it won’t work unless you connect it via your phones internet.

if you download the latest map update via your computer then put the file onto a 12gb usb or greater the speed camera alerts will show without haveing to connect the sat nav to your phones internet takes about 4 to 5 hrs depending on your internet speed.

I think there is a menu option for speed cameras.  This is true of the Corolla.  Have a look through settings. 

I might add, two beeps about 800 yards from a 70 mpg camera.  No alert approaching Specs cameras. 

37 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

Have you got the latest map update (2021V2) if the sat nav has been updated OTA the speed camera alerts won’t show unless you connect the sat nav to your phones internet. It’s the same with coyote it won’t work unless you connect it via your phones internet.

if you download the latest map update via your computer then put the file onto a 12gb usb or greater the speed camera alerts will show without haveing to connect the sat nav to your phones internet takes about 4 to 5 hrs depending on your internet speed.

The Coyote app will not open without the Internet connection, when it is open it does absolutely nothing.Setting menu does nothing.

1 minute ago, KWr said:

The Coyote app will not open without the Internet connection, when it is open it does absolutely nothing.Setting menu does nothing.

It’s free for a month then you have to pay £37 I think for a 12 month subscription it won’t work if the month’s subscription is expired 

1 minute ago, Rosgoe said:

It’s free for a month then you have to pay £37 I think for a 12 month subscription it won’t work if the month’s subscription is expired 

I only got the Car last Thursday!!

7 minutes ago, KWr said:

No menu option for Speed Camera's according to Dealerships Technician.

Can’t think why must be a different system to the 2020 corolla.

2 minutes ago, KWr said:

I only got the Car last Thursday!!

Have you tried starting it from the coyote app mine works fine I just click on the coyote app and connect to the internet on the phone (bluetooth tethering sharing this phones internet connection) I would go back to the dealer and get them to sort it you paid enough for the car.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rosgoe said:

Have you tried starting it from the coyote app mine works fine I just click on the coyote app and connect to the internet on the phone (Bluetooth tethering sharing this phones internet connection) I would go back to the dealer and get them to sort it you paid enough for the car.

I will have a look on mine tomorrow and see where the option is to turn on speed camera alerts and see if it’s the same system as yours.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

I will have a look on mine tomorrow and see where the option is to turn on speed camera alerts and see if it’s the same system as yours.

I have been to the Dealers 2 Days running,a tech thinks it should be available,he got it put on the diagnostics computer.Nothimg showed up,he us currently  trying to find out.

I Put this question out to find out other owners results.

I have also connected the Coyote app via my phone this does absolutely  nothing, can't alter settings or anything on Coyote!

52 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

Thanks Rosgoe, out of interest, what year is yours?

Yes and no I do get them but not all the time. Il test in the morning and see if it makes a difference being on the nav screen

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KWr said:

Thanks Rosgoe, out of interest, what year is yours?

2020 (sept) press setup go to left of screen scroll down to navigation click then click on map scroll down to show speed cameras on if it’s greyed out you need to connect to wi fi or through your phone.

E19C406E-A73E-4BCD-A422-DCAED67655EF.jpeg

8464D9DA-CB76-4BAD-A9E5-52536B17185E.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rosgoe said:

2020 (sept) press setup go to left of screen scroll down to navigation click then click on map scroll down to show speed cameras on if it’s greyed out you need to connect to wi fi or through your phone.

E19C406E-A73E-4BCD-A422-DCAED67655EF.jpeg

8464D9DA-CB76-4BAD-A9E5-52536B17185E.jpeg

Thanks for your suggestion,re checked all the settings,all are the same as yours.Only differences are ,"Audio" and "Navigation" figures 

20220203_150015.jpg

You do need to ensure "beep" is set to on. if this is off then the headunit will make no noise.

Press "setup" then ensure "beep" in RH menu set is on.

2 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

You do need to ensure "beep" is set to on. if this is off then the headunit will make no noise.

Press "setup" then ensure "beep" in RH menu set is on.

Thanks, it is on

On 2/2/2022 at 6:59 PM, KWr said:

Can anybody out there confirm whether  or not their Corolla GR Sport has  a "Sound" warning when approaching "Speed Camera's" when in Say Nav mode.

If you have,please,please,please can you guide me through turning it on.

Toyota Dealership and myself have spent two hours trying to set this up.

This include connecting to the fault diagnosis hub at the dealership!

Car is MY 21.5 registered 28/1/2022

Can anybody tell me if I have to have the WiFi on, and which setting,Toyota online or not?

12 minutes ago, KWr said:

Can anybody tell me if I have to have the WiFi on, and which setting,Toyota online or not?

None of those things affected mine, I'm in a 2.0 ST Excel if that makes a difference. 🤷‍♂️

I tried everything I could find in the navigation settings to disable them, but the only thing that seemed to make any difference was when I disabled "beep" in the main settings.

Thankfully mine have now stopped beeping, but I have no idea why yours aren't beeping.

FWIW I use Waze via Android Auto and that has speed camera alerts which I find far more up-to-date and relevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Extreme_One said:

None of those things affected mine, I'm in a 2.0 ST Excel if that makes a difference. 🤷‍♂️

I tried everything I could find in the navigation settings to disable them, but the only thing that seemed to make any difference was when I disabled "beep" in the main settings.

Thankfully mine have now stopped beeping, but I have no idea why yours aren't beeping.

FWIW I use Waze via Android Auto and that has speed camera alerts which I find far more up-to-date and relevant.

I will have to revert to my trusted Tom Tom from previous car. But that is not the point i am making,£30000+ on a car,Everything should work and be set to work on delivery!

Do you not get a separate handbook for the infotainment, or at least a separate section in the main handbook, have you looked through the online manual which is more comprehensive I understand.