Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed Camera Warnings on 2ltr Corolla GR Sport

KWr

2 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Do you not get a separate handbook for the infotainment, or at least a separate section in the main handbook, have you looked through the online manual which is more comprehensive I understand.

Done it all, and so have the Dealership and there diagnostic computers,without any success!

On 2/5/2022 at 5:00 PM, KWr said:

Done it all, and so have the Dealership and there diagnostic computers,without any success!

Still not sorted,and all customer service tell me to do is what i have already done,which i have already told them!!!

I don't think they even read  my comments, going on the responses they provide.

I spent the weekend re reading all the manuals,they do not mention anything regarding Speed camera warning sounds,only Speed limit warning sounds.

Its as though Speed Camera Warnings do not exist, but they do ,as confirmed by people on this forum?????

Back to waiting for Dealership to contact me to take the car in for a few Days.

Great start to owning a Toyota,going back in before having the car two weeks!

• Sad 1

Been playing around with mine and I can’t find any settings either. Although I have had the beeps before so I don’t know what has changed and why they have stopped now

45 minutes ago, daninplymouth said:

Been playing around with mine and I can’t find any settings either. Although I have had the beeps before so I don’t know what has changed and why they have stopped now

It seems a very poor system,really letting Toyota down,I am not very impressed at all by this. As i said before,1st time Toyota Owner,could be the last!

Try turning Wi-Fi off in the car and just use the bluetooth to connect to your phone. This cured this issue on my 2020 Excel and do map updates via a usb stick. 

9 hours ago, Ian.S said:

Try turning Wi-Fi off in the car and just use the Bluetooth to connect to your phone. This cured this issue on my 2020 Excel and do map updates via a usb stick. 

Thanks Ian,already tried bluetooth only,not got facilities to download onto a stick.Would not know how to do this anyway.Old school.

Car is only 3weeks old,so its back in Toyotas hands to rectify.

On 2/14/2022 at 6:45 AM, KWr said:

Thanks Ian,already tried Bluetooth only,not got facilities to download onto a stick.Would not know how to do this anyway.Old school.

Car is only 3weeks old,so its back in Toyotas hands to rectify.

Car has been back to Toyota Dealership and the Media centre memory cleared and reloaded with the latest downloads.

I went out with salesmen and can confirm it is now picking up the Speed camera positions and highlighting them on screen,but the sound from the media centre for these warnings is pathetic.

I can not hear it,the salesman,whom i trust, says he can!

Can anyone advise on a way to increase the volume for these warnings.All the settings i can find are set to on,including the Beep setting.

Help would be gratefully received.

Toyota need to make this better than it is.

Your salesman can hear it but you can’t.       
Either the salesman is fibbing or your hearing is not what it was…… hearing aids on the nhs are free you know…..I got two, one for each ear. 😄

I remember my dad, he wouldn’t go for hearing aids…. he said it was us talking lower. Funnily, the older he got the softer we spoke. 😂.  We still loved him.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Your salesman can hear it but you can’t.       
Either the salesman is fibbing or your hearing is not what it was…… hearing aids on the nhs are free you know…..I got two, one for each ear. 😄

I remember my dad, he wouldn’t go for hearing aids…. he said it was us talking lower. Funnily, the older he got the softer we spoke. 😂.  We still loved him.

Clever one !

I am aware i have a slight hearing impediment,which can not be solved by the "FREE" hearing aids.But this has not stopped me hearing any warning sounds,on the numerous vehicles of any make and model i have driven for the past 30 years.l can hear all the other warning sounds on the Toyota,but not the Speed camera warning sound.

Yes i do trust the Salesman, as he has gone out of his way to try and get this rectified for me,at no benefit to himself, as the car was leased from a private company.

My opinion is that the system is not fit for purpose unless you can adjust its volume.Toyota need to look into this.

Managed to get mine back on today. Don’t know if that was the cure but switched to sports mode and now it’s showing the cameras and beeping again 🤔