Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app updates, issues, etc ..........

omglol

Hi!

I have a question (especially for the UK owners) - does your Yaris or Yaris Cross support remote engine start via MyT application?

I've seen on YouTube that remote start indeed does work in UK on Yaris Cross with Excel trim level (see video below). I was wondering if this has anything to do with TSC (Toyota Smart Connect), or is it just tied to the trim level?

• Like 2

It certainly does work on our new Yaris cross excel you can set it to start the car from the app for a minimum of 10 minutes. It maybe dependent on having the 9inch screen that the excel has as standard.

I remember now it had snowed/ sleet in the night and then frozen onto the windscreen last month, I used the app from the bedroom window and started it for 10 mins, when I went out to it a little later all the screen was defrosted, so no Ice scraping required. 

• Like 1

Thanks. I already found out that this feature works on older 8" Touch and Go infotaiment system also. However, in UK, you do need certain trim level for it to work (I think Excel or better).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just downloaded an update for the new MyT app and it now allows you to zoom in on the hybrid coaching maps. As you used to be able to do on the old app.  
also there is a new my destinations tile. 

• Thanks 1

My Yaris Cross Design now starts remotely
I believe it is because I chose to have the larger  9 inch screen.

When the new 'Toyota MyT 'app was released it was available.

It was not available with my spec/grade combination using the older 'MyT  by Toyota' app.

Ooh, this sounds great, hope we have it in our market too, since I have the Smart Connect infotainment coming. Half the year you get to scrape the windows, so this would really help. I suppose doors remain locked?

Yes, door remain locked. As soon as anyone touches the door handle, the engine switches off. Even if you have the remote with you.

Very nice.

Im surprised they dont use this as a selling point. I ordered the car over a month ago and Ive tried to devour all possible info, even reading the 600 page manual lol. And the first time I come across this option is in this thread. I asked around in a local group and they confirmed that at least with Smart Connect this is possible in our market too.

This is actually a pretty big feature here in Finland, where you cant just drive off without scraping the ice off the window easily for like 4 months a year. And ofc summers get hot so stepping into a cool car is nice too. But yeah, really surprised this wasnt used to sell me the car as I value this quite highly!

Wouldn't this also be good for battery's sake? Like if I only have a short commute or grocery run coming up, running the car like 15 mins remotely and whatever the driving will be would add up? Ofc, heating/cooling eats away at whatever recharging can be done, but still.

• Like 1

Cire6, indeed.  I have used pre heat a couple of times (Excel model).  It uses the last heat setting. 

Now two aspects.  If the conditioning is selected off, will it inhibit the system? If the car still switches on, it would be useful for Battery charging. 

If you leave the temp at 22 and the aircon on recirculate, could you also preset for screen deice? 

The latest App only allows for 10 minute heat.  It used to allow 10, 20, or 30 minutes. 

Hi All,

For 2 weeks now the MyT app has failed to provide any data. Even the milage and fuel remaining is from 29th May. 

My phone is compatible and is running the most up to date android software. 

I have also deleted and reinstalled the app but this hasn't done anything. Interestingly the customer portal on the website has also frozen on 29th May. 

The local dealer said its not something they can look into but they will email the relevant department. So who knows what will happen next. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue and how was it resolved?

Many thanks. 

I believe they were having some recall things going on regarding this?

I just had the DCM software update as part of the recall. Some folks say it has helped reliability. I wasn’t having many problems.

Are you using the older MyT by Toyota app or the newer TOYOTA MyT app? They are in the process of migrating people to the latter.

I'm using the old app. I wasn't sure if the new app worked on the smaller screen? Perhaps I should give that a go.

So, having had an app notification, and now an email from Toyota encouraging us to switch - does anyone know how to get the QR code to re-display in the head unit? We have a '23 Yaris Excel with the 9" display. 

Ta 🙂 

I am with you, how can a company upgrade the app and expect everyone to go through the whole reassignerment again, why can they not just carry everything over tp the new app? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ic2 said:

I am with you, how can a company upgrade the app and expect everyone to go through the whole reassignerment again, why can they not just carry everything over tp the new app? 

They really haven't thought it through. I don't mind doing it, but they need to make it clear how to. At the moment it demands I scan the non-existent QR code 😕

• Like 1

Sitting in the car now. Cannot find how to scan the QR code. I added the VIN only to be asked to scan the QR code. Another own goal by Toyota 

• Like 1

Yeah, I think might need to delete the car from the old app first. This link shows what we're looking for on the head unit - so somehow need to disconnect the head unit from your profile first...

https://www.toyota.co.uk/content/dam/toyota/nmsc/united-kingdom/discover-toyota/stories-news-and-events/New-Toyota-MyT-App/Toyota-MyT-New-user-Guide.pdf

OK, confirmed - I removed the car on the old app; then when I turned the car on, waited a minute or so (YMMV) and I was able to see the QR code 🙂

Is this with the 8" or 9" screen?

30 minutes ago, pauly69 said:

OK, confirmed - I removed the car on the old app; then when I turned the car on, waited a minute or so (YMMV) and I was able to see the QR code 🙂

Thanks. Did it give you anything different app wise? You think they would me ale some explicit instructions 🙄

2 hours ago, AdriftCloud said:

I'm using the old app. I wasn't sure if the new app worked on the smaller screen? Perhaps I should give that a go.

Ah sorry, didn't realise you were on Touch 2. I don't think that is supported yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pauly69 said:

OK, confirmed - I removed the car on the old app; then when I turned the car on, waited a minute or so (YMMV) and I was able to see the QR code

Alternatively you can unlink by going into your Profile in the Smart Connect unit.

1 hour ago, pauly69 said:

How do you do that as cannot seem to do it on a iPhone?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links