Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 rear leaning to one side?

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hello Everybody 

I hope all of you are well & safe.

We noticed recently, that our 2.0 diesel 2010 saloon seems to be leaning to one side at the rear, so the passenger rear corner looks higher than the drivers side rear corner if that makes sense. I meant to take a photo this morning but forgot. 

Can anybody think as to why this maybe?

The boot is empty so no load in there. We used to use it to carry fairly heavy loads a year or two back in regards to the business etc but that isn't the case anymore.

And she's passed her mot spot on everytime for the last 5 years with no advisories etc. And always serviced yearly on time.

It's not that noticeable but it kinda is, looks annoying to us anyway.

Any advice guys as to what to check?

I'm thinking a spring issue or suspension related.

Before anyone comments, it's constant so it's not only on our drive thinking the road dips etc, it's when the cars moving too and the other half is driving behind me.

I look forward to some comments, cheers in advance!

By coincidence my '09 1.8 TR estate the same, and my previous '98 Avensis Mk1 was the same. Nothing wrong with the suspension and springs are sound. 

Interesting, I'm on the lookout for other t27s on the road now, not many around if i'm honest!

I might just check for a broken spring.

I have no sounds coming from the rear though I don't think

Hi Sam, I had a broken spring at the rear some years ago, didn’t know until my friendly mechanic was doing a service one day, spotted it and let me know.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Hi Sam, I had a broken spring at the rear some years ago, didn’t know until my friendly mechanic was doing a service one day, spotted it and let me know.

Hi, so there weren't any obvious signs you had a broken spring? 

I'm anxious to check however have to wait till the weekend before I get time to jack it up.

Wonder how much new springs will cost us?

I would say £50 per pair, relatively easy to fitI should think.

• Like 2

The gap in the wheel arch for both cars (previous Mk1 and current Mk3) are small and as I said before, the springs are fine. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Konrad C said:

The gap in the wheel arch for both cars (previous Mk1 and current Mk3) are small and as I said before, the springs are fine. 

Cheers Konrad

Weathers chucking it down today, a bit too hard for me to do an inspection underneath, it may result in nothing and that's just how the car sits as you say!

Will post back shortly.

• Like 1

Probably entirely different but my Mercedes had self levelling suspension. Pneumatic bladders ensured to was level. One leaked.  Not a short term problem as it would inflate when the engine was running. 

Trying pressing down on each corner, see if you can sense a difference.  At 12 years old failure might not be unusual.  Have you hit any potholes recently? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links