Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

error messages

Barry Edward

Does anyone recognize the following message which has appeared on the instrument panel

of my 2021 carolla GR sport more than once and advise what if anything I should do about it.

"use hybrid system indicator tolmprove"

That's not an error message, that's the car attempting to teach you to drive more economically.

By following the guidance on the hybrid indicator on the dashboard the car reckons you'll be able to achieve better fuel economy.

The better my MPG, the more I get told of by the Hybrid Guidance 😂😂😂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

You must be really bad …

starting to improve from really low point. 😄

• Haha 2

Never seen that on the dashboard. I do, of course, get praise and chastisms marked on certain points of a journey if I review it on the MyT app. My overall score is usually something close to 90%, and yet there's nothing special about my consumption figures relative to other owners. I just try to drive intelligently and don't bother concerning myself with the advice too much.

3 hours ago, Barry Edward said:

Does anyone recognize the following message which has appeared on the instrument panel

of my 2021 carolla GR sport more than once and advise what if anything I should do about it.

I saw it on my dash this morning……..

I must be really bad too. 😎

• Haha 1

Mine always gives me different messages... I think my driving style confuses it! :laugh:  It usually gives me 5/5 for coasting but 0-2/5 for accelerating and braking :laugh: 

7 hours ago, Barry Edward said:

You are being scolded by the car because you are not being, in the eyes, or more like the calculations, of the onboard system being a prudent economical driver :

You are doing things like going around tight roundabouts, braking at pedestrian crossings when somebody wants to cross (and most likely not looking first), avoiding drunks, the list goes on ! 🤣

• Haha 3

Yeah and the messages appear to bear no relationship to the score. I've had it tell me my driving is excellent and that I should keep it up with a score of 80. I've also been told to improve my acceleration after scoring 95.

Yes it’s messages can be both confusing and amusing, I’m so used with them by now I tend to disregard them 😂

13 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Yeah and the messages appear to bear no relationship to the score. I've had it tell me my driving is excellent and that I should keep it up with a score of 80. I've also been told to improve my acceleration after scoring 95.

Yes, in a way, I find myself feeling like a child being scolded by a teacher. Ridiculous, I know! It seems that anytime you make the real, as opposed to regen, brakes bite, you get a “bad” point. Same with when you go into the “PWR” band.

IMG_0150.jpg

This was a 2 km segment, where I did almost all of it in EV, fuel consumption was 0,1 l/100. But, approaching a roundabout, where I was going to make a 270° turn, there was a pedestrian crossing just before. Someone wanted to cross, I stopped, as is my wont, to let them cross. 

It’s after such incidents that you get chided by the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links