Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Good news (sort of) for PHEV owners

nlee

55L is approximately 12 imperial / UK gallons. One the couple of occasions I've run the range down to zero before filling up - it's not something I try to do too often - the pump has cut-out after filling with 48L. From which I deduce that the 'reserve' is about 7L or about 1.5 imperial / UK gallons or up to something like 60 miles!

I'm not sure, but I thought that the US issue was due to US style hose nozzles cutting out before the tank was full due to 'incompatibilities' between the design of the hose nozzle and the RAV4 filler neck. We don't seem to have that problem here ...

• Like 1

Philip, I think you’re correct about the filler issue being the problem in the US. I’ve had one occasion when I filled up and the fuel gauge showed it only hitting the full mark, normally it registers way past the full mark. I recall I was in a hurry and probably filled with a higher flow rate than I would do normally.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

I understand there is a fuel reserve of about 2 gallons. This is to prevent running out of petrol which could in turn cause system problems if forced to use the battery that also might be running low on charge. I have also read in the good old US of A there is a class action against Toyota because the fuel tank can only be filled up with 10 gallons when it actually holds over 12….. you couldn’t make it up. 

🤣 what idiots.

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

55L is approximately 12 imperial / UK gallons. One the couple of occasions I've run the range down to zero before filling up - it's not something I try to do too often - the pump has cut-out after filling with 48L. From which I deduce that the 'reserve' is about 7L or about 1.5 imperial / UK gallons or up to something like 60 miles!

I'm not sure, but I thought that the US issue was due to US style hose nozzles cutting out before the tank was full due to 'incompatibilities' between the design of the hose nozzle and the RAV4 filler neck. We don't seem to have that problem here ...

Now that is something to complain about.

The Pug I had (I dont think I filled that car up more than twice) had some kind of incompatibility. At two different services the fuel just spurted out the tank when it got to full. Wasn't triggering the cut off in the pump. I had a theory why.

On 2/7/2022 at 12:10 PM, Broadway One said:

Home charging using off peak electricity (12.30am to 4.0am) @ 5p per unit from 13amp socket in garage.

Hi all.....sure several would have spotted that the 3.5hr. window quoted would have been insufficient to provide a full charge via the granny lead; apologies. Several more hours would have been necessary at an increased night time rate. Even so my trip would be considerably less than the £6. However on a positive note, following months of prompting, our management company have reduced the back office payment to £1.50 per hour which aligns with the other only EV in the block. A full charge on the RAV is now £4.50.....at last a result.... Hooray! 

Barry Wright, Lancashire.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links