Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thoughts on the MyT app please

Ripped off

Hi all, looking for some education.

I have uninstalled the MyT app as I don’t see what it does except data mining for Toyota and nag me about taking Toyota servicing.

MPG and driving score are shown in the dashboard of my Yaris Icon.

Maps, not available on my icon (no satnav) so I use my phone, Waze and Android auto (When it works, but that’s another thing)

Servicing – My local dealer does not offer the workshop for servicing or any other work at weekends.

I work Mon – Fri and cannot afford to lose money taking time off work. My local Halfords does Saturday MOT and servicing and is on average 2/3rds the cost. The addition of a year warranty for having the service done by Toyota doesn’t excite me, when there are so many ways they can back out of it (I know because I tried to claim on my previous Aygo, again a whole other story).

So I don’t see what it has to offer, so here’s where I’d like educating. Am I missing something? Should I reinstall and have the fun of reconnecting to the car (took so many attempts last time). I’d hate to miss out because of my ignorance.

I look forward to the sages here showing me the light.👀

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Moved to the Yaris club.

Probably not a lot for you by the sounds of it.

When used with the newer Smart Connect system the app has some remote control and find my car functions beyond the usual service reminders.

When its working properly, you can remotely set the heating and lock the doors if you have keyless locking.  Must admit, I got it working in no time on a Yaris Cross but I’m struggling with my 21 Yaris.  It’s having its software updated on Thursday so hopefully that will sort it out.

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

When its working properly, you can remotely set the heating and lock the doors if you have keyless locking.  Must admit, I got it working in no time on a Yaris Cross but I’m struggling with my 21 Yaris.  It’s having its software updated on Thursday so hopefully that will sort it out.

I don't see the remote heating option in my app. Where is it? 

I thought the remote and find my car functions are only available on the newer Smart Connect infotainment system. It has an embedded SIM with a data package which provides a constant connection to online services.

AFAIK the Touch 2 system doesn’t have a constant Internet connection.

I have the touch 2 on the Yaris Cross (Down grade from newer screen due to city pack option) but it still enables vehicle heating in the My T app.

• Like 1

Frankly, even with MY20 it is only a gimmick. The most useful thing might be its trip recording but as it is less than 100% reliable it is only a hobby item. 

I have told Toyota this. 

The service history could be  very good but expect it depends on the garage populating it.  May be the failure to do this is also a similar Toyota issue. 

16 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

The service history could be  very good but expect it depends on the garage populating it.  May be the failure to do this is also a similar Toyota issue. 

The dealer does not populate this, it is an automatic function that happens overnight after the invoice has been generated, HOWEVER, it does require the particular dealer to be using a certain system, some dealer groups use their own in house system that might not provide the download to Toyota, but these are very limited.

I believe there is a lot of work going on in the background with MyT I cannot give a timeline but there are many more features being planned

9 hours ago, Spo2 said:

I don't see the remote heating option in my app. Where is it? 

You wont as it depends on the vehicle & what connected features it supports.

Different Toyota products support different features in the My T app. 

If your vehicle isn't supported you wont see the featured offered in the app. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Parts-King said:

The dealer does not populate this, it is an automatic function that happens overnight after the invoice has been generated, HOWEVER, it does require the particular dealer to be using a certain system, some dealer groups use their own in house system that might not provide the download to Toyota, but these are very limited.

I believe there is a lot of work going on in the background with MyT I cannot give a timeline but there are many more features being planned

Thank you.  It took several months before items in 2021 and then 2022 appeared. 

In 2021 the washer motor change appeared quickly but still no mention of the new Battery

In 2022 they show an entry Insurance Assessment fee.  No idea what that relates to, may even be erroneous.  They also state "Investigate following Customer, carry out free safety visual R." .  I plan to check. 

• Like 1

Looking to the App in PlayStore I found:

"FULL HYBRID INSURANCE (FHI): Make the most of your Hybrid vehicle. Full Hybrid Insurance not only protects your vehicle, it also encourages you to make the best use of your Hybrid and rewards you for driving safely in electric mode. The more you drive in electric mode, the more you save on your insurance renewal premiums."

Anyone heard of, or got, FHI? 

Thank you, not too far off topic I hope.  I see its only an option for the new Yaris at the moment. 

• 5 weeks later...

I tried to send a route to my Mk3 Yaris from the MyT app on my iPhone. The route was set and sent and on the phone a button appeared in the app telling me how to retrieve my route in the car. When I pressed the button it took me to a broken page on the Toyota website. I filed a feedback report from the app, what is the chance that Toyota will do anything about it?

Probably no chance the reviews of my T are predominantly negative try using the website click on your vehicle not sure if has a send to car option there. Just checked it has the option to share to car .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rosgoe said:

Probably no chance the reviews of my T are predominantly negative try using the website click on your vehicle not sure if has a send to car option there. Just checked it has the option to share to car .

I found (once) the Website method above.  It is has better functionality than the App.  I think it provides route selection.  It certainly allows for intermediate stops. 

12 hours ago, CMJToyota said:

I tried to send a route to my Mk3 Yaris from the MyT app on my iphone. The route was set and sent..... 

In which case it should get to your car provided the car is in WiFi range (I think that is essential).  It is certainly not a question of doing it in your house, going to the car and finding the route. 

I find it flakey at best. 

It’s a Mk3 Yaris ! It doesn’t have ‘WiFi’ ! It relies on the paired phone for internet access.

I wasn't sure that my recent 71 plate purchase had received its first service, as the salesman didn't reply when I emailed him and the service wasn't actually due yet. 

However I see in MyT app that they did the first/minor service and hybrid health check in May.

So that's at least one useful feature of MyT app 

I do open the app to look at other features as I'm a bit geeky like that 😆

• Like 1