Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auxiliary Belt

NeilAvensisT

Afternoon all. My car is 2010, 1.8TR, 49k FMDSH, but I have noticed the Aux belt has never been changed. No cracking on the ribs and looks, other than being 12 years old, reasonably good, but when should these be changed. Do they need changing?

7 minutes ago, NeilAvensisT said:

Afternoon all. My car is 2010, 1.8TR, 49k FMDSH, but I have noticed the Aux belt has never been changed. No cracking on the ribs and looks, other than being 12 years old, reasonably good, but when should these be changed. Do they need changing?

Yes you are doing the right thing by inspecting it, but no need to change if it works and looks ok these belts are very durable and last a long time as a general rule.

• Like 3

When replaced my water pump on my '09 T27 Tourer TR 1.8 Valvematic, I replaced the auxiliary belt at the same time. That was back in 2020, and the original belt was in good condition. I keep it in the boot for emergency, but doubt or hope I never I need it. The Valvematic auxiliary belt has a simple route, plus the manual adjustment of the tension, means not having to worry about auto tensioners late in the cars life or extra pulleys. The belt is not too difficult to change, with the right tools.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...