Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CarPlay garage door opener

gaznrx8

Picked the car up today and well pleased with it. And it’s the my22 model. 

im just trying to get the CarPlay to display the Apple my home garage door opener. 
I’ve got a meross garage door opener which is Wi_Fi and supports Apple home and works when I’m away from home. 

when I’m sat in the car inside my garage I’ve noticed my iPhone switches over from Wi_Fi to 4G so I’m guessing the CarPlay works through Wi_Fi. 

the my home app on the iPhone shows unavailable when I’m sat in the car, probably because the CarPlay switches off my phones Wi_Fi to 4g. 

do I need the my home pod for this to work ? 

I’ve turned all the Siri settings on. 

sorry to confuse you all 😂 

gary 

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, gaznrx8 said:

Just to update this ……

all sorted now thanks a lot 

How? 

• 6 months later...

How did you manage to sort it out? I have just had a new door installed in my garage, and I don’t know how to make my car recognize it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 1:20 AM, vladislaoapp said:

How did you manage to sort it out? I have just had a new door installed in my garage, and I don’t know how to make my car recognize it.

I have tried reading the user’s
manual, but it doesn’t help. The door is from https://advantagegd.com/garage-door-installation/, and I will probably just call them tomorrow and ask for help. I like the door and think it’s really beautiful, but it still does not want to connect with the car.
It’s probably because of different frequencies or something. To be honest, I don’t know what it can be, and I just hope someone will come and help me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links