Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New MY22 C-HR

Spo2

Hi all,

First of all, many thanks for illuminating me on several aspects of Toyota's hybrid cars. Eventually, we went for a new 2 litre, C-HR Design trim in grey. MyT app shows the car is in transit, and we might have it in early march. 

Sol

• Like 1

Now for the hard part . . .                                   

The wait for it to arrive

13 hours ago, Spo2 said:

Hi all,

First of all, many thanks for illuminating me on several aspects of Toyota's hybrid cars. Eventually, we went for a new 2 litre, C-HR Design trim in grey. MyT app shows the car is in transit, and we might have it in early march. 

Sol

You were quite lucky, that car was either in stock somewhere, or it was a cancelled order. Good for you !

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

You were quite lucky, that car was either in stock somewhere, or it was a cancelled order. Good for you !

We wanted silver metallic but was told that it would take 20 months on Toyota's website but grey would be available in 6 weeks. My Toyota apps shows that the vehicle in transit to the UK. Was not sure if this is MY22 car but the dealer says that the car will be MY22 model. I also assume Toyota won't sell older cars on their website or if they did, they would mention.

1 hour ago, Spo2 said:

I also assume Toyota won't sell older cars on their website or if they did, they would mention.

I would not assume that. Before I bought my MY21.5 Yaris, we looked at the Yaris Cross, and discussed delivery dates Yaris vs Yaris Cross with dealer, he said November/December for the Yaris Cross and September/October for the Yaris.

It turns out that the Yaris Cross had just started production, but there was existing stock for MY21 Yaris. There were few differences between MY21 and MY 21.5 Yaris, but they were important to me, so I said ok MY21.5, and then he said, in that case delivery will be December/January.

What Toyota has on the website is the latest specifications for new car orders, but does not necessarily represent new cars that dealers can sell. 

@Stopeter44, thank you. Bit scared now as I only want MY22 car. The dealer says it is MY22. I was told that I would be kept updated re vehicle shipment, so would ask when the vehicle has arrived. I know how the MY22 differs from the old car, so would ask for picture/video as well. I can refuse the car if it is not MY22-right?

5 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

thank you. Bit scared now as I only want MY22 car. The dealer says it is MY22.

Take his word for it. I don't expect that he would deliberately mislead you, I expect you discussed this long and hard with him, so I expect everything is fine. 

I also don't know under what grounds you can refuse a car, I have absolutely no idea. 

Edited by Stopeter44
additional comment.

If it is a 2022 model year C-HR is should be printed on the sales order / invoice the salesperson has provided you a copy of.

The customer copies of the paper work I have for my order has 2022 model year C-HR printed on it. 

2 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

If it is a 2022 model year C-HR is should be printed on the sales order / invoice the salesperson has provided you a copy of.

The customer copies of the paper work I have for my order has 2022 model year C-HR printed on it. 

Lee, I have not been provided any sales order or invoice. I was provided a finance quote which simply says PCP Toyota 2022 Q1 FDA Flex
 and NEW TOYOTA C-HR HATCHBACK 2.0 Hybrid Design 5dr CVT. The car is on PCP deal and I have paid like £500 deposit.

The manuals make for some good bedtime reading 😁

• Like 1

I see a bit of update regarding shipping. MyT app shows that the vehicel is in transit to Derbyshire.

Hi all,

Just got an email from Toyota that the car has arrived at the dealer. We were told of arrival in early March but it seems it has arrived early. I assume the dealer is going to register in march so that I get 22 plate?

S

3 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

I assume the dealer is going to register in march so that I get 22 plate?

S

Just check with the dealer to make sure .....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Thanks Mike, I would!

Hi all,

In MyToyota app, there is long looking number below the car name. Is this the VIN?

22 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

@FROSTYBALLSHi Mike- just checked. The dealer told me the registration number of the vehicle as well- it is q 22 number. The car will be delivered on 1st of March. I am wondering what documents should I get with a new vehicle- the car is on PCP? I assume

1. Owners manual- does one still get this as hard copy?
  2. Infotainment manual- does Toyota provide this as hard copy?
  3. Service book?
  4. V5- Does the dealer provides this or do I get this from the DVLA later. 
  5. Anything else that I should be aware of?

Many thanks,

Sol

As far as I'm aware should be an owners manual, and separate multimedia manual (if you have Smart Connect, make sure it is for that).

As regards the owners manual, Toyota did go through a period of supplying abbreviated owners manual with new cars (which is what we got with our Aygo), although they may have reverted to supplying the full owners manual. 

Service book - now that Toyota have moved to electronic service records, not sure whether they still supply these.

The dealer will register the car using the online DVLA system on the day you pick it up, and the V5C will be sent to you by DVLA. Usually the V5C gets to you in approx 10 days. If you don't receive it, it is DVLA you need to contact - although they do have staffing problems due to Covid.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

although they do have staffing problems due to Covid

I must admit, they are still pretty good about this. I got my new V5 within 10 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I took delivery of mine today. It is MY22 with new infotainment system. Not done much except for taking it for a spin. Still have to go thru lots of operational stuff. 

1 hour ago, Spo2 said:

I took delivery of mine today. It is MY22 with new infotainment system. Not done much except for taking it for a spin. Still have to go thru lots of operational stuff. 

I'm sure you'll be very pleased once you get your head around all it's techno bits, practice makes perfect😁 Enjoy👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links