Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Always Blowing Hot

soramad

hi guys

i have just bought a corina 2ltr gli estate for work purposes , put the blower on while driving it home ,and regardless of where the hot /cold control was it always blew hot so switched it off and relied on ram air for cooling plus both windows down and sun roof open .

had a quick look today all controls function correctly no broken or jammed cables

the hot / cold control appears to turn a lever on top of what i assume is a valve of some sort ,could it be that that is stuck in the hot position ? if so other than the obvious of replacement, is there anything i can repair ,or doe's anyone have any other ideas as to what the problem could be.

its ironic really my soarer has just had its aircon sorted ,now this!!

Sounds similar to the Corolla arrangement, Toyota always grease the top of the valve at every service (the valve on the rubber coolant hose in engine bay, connected to heater control cable). I suggest lubricating it and check that it moves when someone moves heater control in the car.

If it is moving (cable part), then you may have to take it off to see if the inner flap (within pipe part) is moving as well. Unless lubrication works, maybe a replacement job (scrapyard maybe a good option here)....might crusted up inside with deposits so a gentle scrub maybe also needed.

If it is not moving, maybe some disconnection in the cable, which means dashboard off and torch out....

:thumbsup:

thanks for quick reply , yes the cable pushes the lever ok and the screw on the top moves with it , so you could be right about having to take out the valve

If the hose is hot on the heater side of the valve ( when the valve is closed) then the valve is passing + needs stripping/cleaning or replacing.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links