Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Insurance comedy quote

Yugguy1970

7 hours ago, bunnyrabbit03 said:

I always found Aviva very competitive and excellent to deal with if you have a claim - also important when it comes to insurance. They are not on price comparison sites, so you will need to obtain a quote via their website. 

They came up as an option on Gocompare

Last few years I've been with a pay-by-mile policy with 'By Miles' (subsidiary of AXA, I think). Initially was just because it was the best quote at the time, but with all the lockdowns and reduced mileage, turned out to be a massive winner. Basically you pay a one off fee for cover whilst the car is parked/stationary, then a pence per mile and you pay each month for whatever you have driven. 

They are intended for lower mileage, eg <10k, and whenever I have worked out the cost vs a standard policy, the tipping point is between 8-10k (ie if you're mileage is less than this it works out cheaper). There's also a few quirks, like if you do a long drive, over 150miles in a day I think, they daily price is capped at 150miles (double check on the website, as its been a while since I looked up the exact figure), and if your circumstances change slightly, you won't be charged for over 10k miles a year (but I'm assuming they will cancel your policy if you lie about normal mileage etc). 

If anyone's interested, I have a referral code which I think gives both me & you a credit on your bill to use for the miles. I say "I think", because it used to be £50 each, but it now says £100 but the phrasing is ambiguous so can't tell if I am the only one who gets rewarded for the referral. If anyone wants the referral link to test on the quote/website, let me know, rather than spamming the forum. 

(PS - to avoid suspension of spamming, as this is my first message on forum, I have a dynamic premium phev on order so have been reading for a while, scheduled to be a late march delivery. Supposedly somewhere on a boat presently!) 

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike2222 said:

subsidiary of AXA

Axa is the underwriter rather than owner.

So latest update on the saga 😁

Managed to get 70 quid off mine by going multi car with the missus.

So we are getting both cars, each of us a named driver on the other, for combined total 530 a year, fully comp, hire car, legal, personal injury etc

• Like 1

Sounds about right Guy, I reckoned £40 saving but I don’t know exact figure because our insurance dates were different and LV had to align them. Further you Rav is probably more then my Prius. Who did you go with in the end.

Haven't been able to get anyone to beat my renewal quote for some years from Co-op Eco Insurance (trust me I checked every avenue) despite perceived wisdom that renewals will always be more expensive. As has been said before start, the ball rolling about 24 days before renewal date.

Last renewal quote for my 4.4 AWD Hybrid was £307. But a 'phone call and some determined haggling took it down to £251. Some fine details changed - excess went to £500 from £400 but essentially the same. Ironically I had a claim after the quote came in but before the insurance renewed (and after my 'phone haggling). I called them to point this out but the price didn't change. I also had a windscreen renewal the previous year.

Policy came into effect on 1st September and I took delivery of my 4.5 Dynamic PHEV on 30th September and the remaining 11 months cover cost an additional £65 which I thought quite reasonable.

Such is the dearth of used vehicles that the dealer sold it as was without repairing the bumper!

16958A1D-FB23-4DD9-88D4-260E7FDC75FE.jpeg

Yeah this is a thing that really annoys me - When people try all sorts of shady things to avoid claiming on their insurance because they're afraid it will go up by loads, whereas I've never had my insurance go up significantly after any accident - It's always been about the normal hike in price every renewal, whether I've had an accident or not!

I've never heard of anyone's insurance go up significantly as a direct cause of claiming on it - Where it has gone up a lot it's always been due to something else, most commonly people not protecting their no-claims bonus, or just a general price hike across the board that just happened to coincide with their accident...!

Stayed with Ford insurance in the end.

Hi.

I'm sorry we were unable to offer you a competitive quotation. Unfortunately it's impossible to be competitive on every quote. I only with we were.

Regards,

Dan.

£385 for my renewal with Aviva. 42 years old (a very young Toyota driver 😇) with a 2.0 Corolla and I have class 1 business included. That's £35 up on last year's. Aviva have been a pleasant insurance company to deal with, notwithstanding that I haven't had any claims to negotiate etc. For example, when I changed cars a few months ago, it was a quick and simple online process to get my policy updated and no administration fees or any of that funny business. Haven't shopped around yet, but I'll be staying with Aviva if there's nothing much cheaper. 👍

• Like 1

I want eSure to give me a more sensible quote as I liked being with them, mainly because they have no claims limit for NCB protection (Most companies are max 3 claims before you lose the protection)

I must admit the Churchill policy does have some nice additions tho', mainly a guaranteed courtesy car no matter what, whereas most companies only give you one when your claim is accepted and the car is being repaired, which can take ages!

• 2 months later...

I have a Rav 4 2013 invincible insured for myself and the wife. Our latest quote was with ageas for £165. Same as the wife's 2016 yaris...go figure.

Talking about (good)  comedy quotes, we have 14’ plate Aygo, cost to change for the whole year to a Rav4 Hybrid Excel AWD was… £15 for the whole year extra ! Simply crazy (same policy to swap for a BMW140i was £17 ! ).  I must be old now !