Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Android Auto issues

Cbatoday

started recently to get issues with android auto connecting and disconnecting on its own. when it did connect you can say hey google call whoever and it rings the person but the sound is on the phone speaker not the cars Speakers once you connect. "Handset Mode"

I am using a pixel 6 with latest android 12 os

got onto chat with google and they said the Toyota Corolla is not compatable and sent me a link. pic attached. When did the corolla become not compatable as it always worked since we had he big update from Toyota a year or so ago

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 14.32.23.png

I would guess Google never followed up/updated their list. Original Corolla was not compatible, but as you stated, it got a software update which enabled it.

Make sure you have a good USB cable - the original one my missus had just wouldn't work at all. This one may not be the best around but it works fine in my Corolla and partner's Yaris:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DD6PP2M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 (Grey - USB C)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DD5YHMH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Black USB C)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D9CFHHQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 (Black - Lightning For iPhone)

thanks have ordered one to see how it goes

As a fellow Pixel 6 owner I know there have been issues / bugs with the phones firmware that Google are still working on to fix.

25 minutes ago, Cbatoday said:

but the sound is on the phone speaker not the cars speakers once you connect. "Handset Mode"

Hey this was happening to me for a while too, and whilst I'm not 100% convinced I've fixed it, it's not happened lately.

This is the set of steps I took:

I removed the phone from the car's bluetooth settings.

Then on the phone I removed the car from the list of bluetooth devices.

I then went into Android Auto settings on the phone, not connected to the car, and removed the car from the list of cars.

Then I rebooted the car head unit and the phone.

Next I connected the phone to the car via bluetooth, before connecting to Android Auto via the USB cable.

Now when I receive, or make a call, when connected to Android Auto it comes through the headunit.

Now, on the very rare occasion a phonecall has connected in handset mode I've been able to select Bluetooth on the Android Auto phone screen.

6 minutes ago, Extreme_One said:

Hey this was happening to me for a while too, and whilst I'm not 100% convinced I've fixed it, it's not happened lately.

This is the set of steps I took:

I removed the phone from the car's Bluetooth settings.

Then on the phone I removed the car from the list of Bluetooth devices.

I then went into Android Auto settings on the phone, not connected to the car, and removed the car from the list of cars.

Then I rebooted the car head unit and the phone.

Next I connected the phone to the car via Bluetooth, before connecting to Android Auto via the USB cable.

Now when I receive, or make a call, when connected to Android Auto it comes through the headunit.

Now, on the very rare occasion a phonecall has connected in handset mode I've been able to select Bluetooth on the Android Auto phone screen.

when you say rebooted the car head unit was that just a case of tiurning the car off by ignition and restarting

4 minutes ago, Cbatoday said:

when you say rebooted the car head unit was that just a case of tiurning the car off by ignition and restarting

Hold down the power button on the head unit to force it to reboot.

Power off might very well have the same effect 🤷‍♂️

I think mine has it, no idea what it's for though 😆

• Haha 1

I found similar when I first got mine, try going to Android Auto settings on your phone and make sure "Use bluetooth when androiad auto is connected"

That makes sure it keeps the bluetooth connection live for the audio otherwise it will do exactly as you've found and just use the phone for the audio instead.