Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MOT advisory - front wishbone bushes split

mcntosh

My car passed its MOT this morning with a couple of advisories, including one for: front wishbone - rear bushes split.

The line from the dealership is that the whole arm has to be replaced (no surprises there). I’m hoping that a good independent could replace just the bushes with non-OEM parts. The car is 8 years old and has 55K miles on the clock. On the other hand, my impression from this forum is that a car of this vintage should have plenty of life in it: is it worth sticking with OEM parts if I plan to keep it a few more years?

My plan is to get a couple of second opinions - just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with this.

11 minutes ago, mcntosh said:

My car passed its MOT this morning with a couple of advisories, including one for: front wishbone - rear bushes split.

The line from the dealership is that the whole arm has to be replaced (no surprises there). I’m hoping that a good independent could replace just the bushes with non-OEM parts. The car is 8 years old and has 55K miles on the clock. On the other hand, my impression from this forum is that a car of this vintage should have plenty of life in it: is it worth sticking with OEM parts if I plan to keep it a few more years?

My plan is to get a couple of second opinions - just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with this.

Hi, 

first and the most is to take the car to another garage and examine the bushes in question as its a bit earlier at only 55k miles these are gone and need replacement. Some cracks on the rubber is absolutely normal and these can remain solid for another few years or many more miles. I can give you another tip if you want to take care of them

wash the car and the bushes properly with brush and hose, (jet wash) turning steering wheel left to right to gain access. Let it dry properly for a day and then use wd-40 silicone spray and spray nicely all over the bushes and specifically the openings in the rubber. Let it dry itself and use the car as normal. Best to buy oem Toyota or Blueprint, or First line or Febi!, it will go the whole arm, you can use the old Balt joints or make sure you buy oem or good brands. Auris in general has very simple and sturdy suspension. 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links