Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chuffed 3

Tel 2

Ordered an Aygo X

Edge Auto ,Chilli Pearlescent, Smart Sensor Pack.

Delivery expected June.

Tel

• Like 1

That's really exciting I bet, excellent! I bet June can't come soon enough for you 😄

3 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Ordered an Aygo X

Delivery expected June.

Tel

Congratulations Terry, is this your first Toyota??

Up Date,

See a X @ my Dealers next week.

Dealer now says Build is c.15th. April with Delivery 2nd. of May.

We shall see but it is exciting.

Tel

• 2 weeks later...

Sat in the Blue Aygo X that is doing the Dealer Show Case view currently.

It is an Auto Edge with the Sensor Pack that mirrors my Order.

The car appears to be as large as a Mk.3 Yaris & the 18 " wheels fill the wheel arches unlike the Yaris X.

Grey cloth interior is darker than expected & Driver & Front Passenger share a Yaris Mk.4 environment which is really nice.

Delivery of my X remains May to July 2022 which is pathetic as the Factories are geared to their available resources so GB know exactly their 1st, Quarter cut & 

their 2022 RHD allocation

Tel

On 2/8/2022 at 8:37 AM, Tel 2 said:

Ordered an Aygo X

Delivery expected June.

Tel

Very brave of you to purchase a expensive item without touching and feeling it (and driving it), I'm not brave enough to do that. 

I more or less know I want a car as I walk up to it ( similar to when I purchase a house).

I'm still waiting on my Toyota dealer informing me when they have a demo in and then I'll decide.

Just wondering, did you have to pay for the Chili Red paint option ?

I never understand why some paints cost money and some don't, when ordering a car.

I can understand decades ago if this was the case, when ordering a metallic paint rather than just a solid colour.

I haven't decided on what colour I want yet, but out of the four colours on the Exclusive level, the chilli red is the only one that costs extra (well, it was the last time I looked).

Yes the Chilli Red is pearlescent & costs around + £240 .

The early Road Tests are very positive, the Auto is a Big improvement over the MMT & the Risiduals are very attractive with a £15/mnth 3 year Service/Breakdown Package available too.

Have had 3 Lexus cars blind.

IS Mk 2 ,dash creaked but was quickly resolved.

ISF Mk.2,perfect

IS mk.3 Hybrid,perfect.

The Aygo X. will be fine & the Factory are sole Aygo Experts.

Tel

Do you work for Toyota !!! I'll take two 😂

Latest Up-Date

X said to be @ my Dealer's first week of April.Cannot wait. There are 3 being delivered.

Dealer Orders are either the Edge Model or the higher Grade & over 50% are Automatics.

Tel

What dealer is that ? I'm willing to travel to test drive a automatic.

One of my local Toyota dealers had a non test drive model on show tomorrow, but I got a call today to say it was not coming to the dealer !!

I'm just not prepared to commit to buying one without a touch, feel and text drive.

Please see comments above .

We have only seen the X Blue Edge Auto. It was @ my Dealer for one day only.

No Test Drive.

Tel

I thought I'd take a punt and email Toyota GB to ask who has got a Aygo X and when.

Even they don't know and all they gave me was a list of other Toyota Main/Franchise Dealers to call round.

Unbelievable pretty shabby operations if you ask me.  How can Toyota GB HQ not know these details !!

Agreed but I guess they are not wanting to upset their Dealers.

If you were to visit a so called local Dealer who had an X you might well be tempted to sign up ignoring your usual Franchise.

I understand Ginger Spice is the most popular colour.

Tel

The Edge Spec for the X is much better than I understood since the GB Site now allows you to Build your chosen variant.

Power rear door is one example.

Tel

What ? Are you saying that you can have a powered rear door on the Aygo X ?

I just went on the build your own option and don't see that option !!

Yes plus mats, guide home lights & removable rear head restraints.

I was surprised too but  as it is really a Baby Yaris X so you never know.

Tel

Can you send me a link to where you saw this because I cannot find these add on options anywhere on the Toyota GB site.

About a week ago, they did have a few add on options, one I found was rubber mats, mud flaps and protection film around the door handles, but I have just looked again and these options are not there anymore....not sure what Toyota are playing at !! So far, my experience of finding out various information prior to pre ordering has been sketchy.

The only thing that they do make clear is more or less the " Add to Basket" option, which as mentioned before I am not doing until I see a demo car and try and find out more about add on option packs.

• Like 1

Bobby

Go on Toyota GB Site,New Cars, Aygo X & click on the Edge Model where there is an Option to Order a Brochure etc.

One of the 4 Options is to Build your car & the Full Spec is listed there.

Tel

From a quick glance it seems these options are only on the Edge model?

Well, at a guess, that's got to be wrong.  Why on earth would they only have it on the Edge model !!!

Totally agree with your comments above.

Up-Date

X is now on MyT App so I guess it will be built soon.

Tel

8 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Well, at a guess, that's got to be wrong.  Why on earth would they only have it on the Edge model !!!

The same reason that you can only get heated full leather seats on the Limited Edition and they are not even an option on any other models???

Seems Toyota are "guessing" what combination of options customers want - and getting it very badly wrong IMHO.

If I could have a Exclusive with heated full leather seats I would order it today...