Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chuffed 3

Tel 2

The Exclusive is my choice. I'm happy to get Mr T to fit aftermarket heated seats if my test drive etc goes well.

On 2/28/2022 at 2:47 PM, Tel 2 said:

The Edge Spec for the X is much better than I understood since the GB Site now allows you to Build your chosen variant.

Power rear door is one example.

Tel

Toyota GB have just confirmed to me that there are no Aygo X with a Power Tailgate.  They said, if it was on their website, they apologised and will have it removed.

So, I am not believing anything I read online until I see the car in person and I'm sitting in front of the sales rep and even then, I'll be triple checking everything. 

Our current Aygo is a manual X-Trend built June 2021.

The X Edge Spec is better than the Trend & the 2022 Auto box is the same as my NX.  The X has a 40% higher residual value than the Trend so for me it is a perfect second car that will perfectly glide through the Roadworks that litter the UK these days.

No Brainer IMHO.

Tel

• 2 weeks later...

Have an Auto Test drive mid April about the same time that Toyota UK officially launch the X to the Dealers @ Burnaston.

My X is forecast to arrive @ the end of June circa 5 months after placing the Order.

Some Specs will be available earlier, particularly Pure Manual.

Tel

I was told by my local dealership that they will send out invites out around April or May to go in and see the new one as I only had my xtrend in Jan I don't think I will change mine yet as this is the best looking aygo I have bought unless they offer a good deal?? 

On 3/20/2022 at 7:06 AM, Tel 2 said:

Have an Auto Test drive mid April about the same time that Toyota UK officially launch the X to the Dealers @ Burnaston.

My X is forecast to arrive @ the end of June circa 5 months after placing the Order.

Some Specs will be available earlier, particularly Pure Manual.

Tel

When I first showed genuine interest in the Aygo X at my local Toyota dealer, I asked the specific question "If I place a order and give a deposit, does it get me further up the pecking order and get a quicker delivery date"  His answer was " No, it does not work like that" So I haven't bothered.

I'll take my chances once I have a visible look and a hands on at a dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

After c.8 weeks got an e-mail this week from Toyota to inform me they are still Processing My 

Order @ the Factory.

Communication needs to be better.

UK Production planned for May etc.

Frustrated.

Tel

My local Toyota dealer has just got the Ltd Edition in the showroom yesterday.  So I have now seen it and touched it and have arranged a extended test drive of the Auto next Saturday.

I did ask about delivery and his dates are August.

Also, their showroom Ltd Edition can only be ordered online via Toyota GB, my dealer cannot take orders for this model !!!

Cannot wait for your review of the Auto on 18" wheels as the You Tube reviews have never been on the battle scared UK roads.

Tel

I have a planned route which includes a two mile stretch of Dual Carriageway that has speeds up to 70mph.  This will give me chance to notice any wind noise etc and I can test the over taking acceleration.  Then I have a winedy very long country road with twists and turns and has totally uneven roads with dips and ups and downs and plenty of pot holes.

And obviously, I'll just drive around town in a built up area with lots of stops and starts.

I really need to see if this auto gearbox is up to my expectations.

Then I'll be sitting in my drive testing and playing around with all the gadgets, especially that lovely looking large infotainment system.

My dealer will have three Aygo X's in three different colours, the Ginger Beige, the Blue and the Cardomon.  I will still have to visit another showroom that has the Red, before I can chose which colour.

So far Im still sticking with my previous Aygo Xclusive new from the beginning of the year. I did the Toyota trade in calculator online this week and its still worth £800 more than what I paid 2k miles later , so thats still free ownership/driving for now at least.

7 hours ago, rich146 said:

So far Im still sticking with my previous Aygo Xclusive new from the beginning of the year. I did the Toyota trade in calculator online this week and its still worth £800 more than what I paid 2k miles later , so thats still free ownership/driving for now at least.

I might keep mine as well as I only had mine in Jan by the way where do I find the toyota trade in calculator? 

I did the calculations above & found the Trend was dearer to "lease"  than our new Edge Auto even with the higher X finance.

Tel

On 4/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, Dave the aygo said:

I might keep mine as well as I only had mine in Jan by the way where do I find the toyota trade in calculator? 

Go to a new vehicle build page and at the bottom of the pages you have the option to 'receive a part exchange valuation'

I did the calculations above & found the Trend was dearer to "lease"  than our new Edge Auto even with the higher X finance.

Tel

The Edge is now in the Build Phase which should take c. 18hrs to complete.

May delivery now looks possible.

Tel

6 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Tel

Double post ?

Yes as the first Post was listed yet still appeared in my Post Box preventing me from Posting my New Post.

Tel

The Edge has now left the Factory.

Tel

So my test drive of the Aygo X Auto got pushed to Good Friday, a proper 2 hour extended test drive, however, I did manage to pop up this morning for a quick round the block test.

The car itself is what I expect from a Toyota and is very nice.

The auto box will take a bit of getting used to, hence me asking for a 2 hour test drive.

If you drive it without pushing it, it is probably fine, but as soon as you put your foot down to overtake or just pull away a bit quickly, it revs a lot and is actually quite noisy.

When using the paddles, it performs a bit better and behaves itself, however, it still gets a bit confused and still is noisy.

So, so far, the car itself is absolutely fine, the gearbox needs a lot more testing before I make a purchase decision.

I have driven automatics for over 30 years, so they are not new to me, I just need more time with this particular type.

I'll let you know how it goes on Friday.

• Like 1

I am expecting the Auto to mirror my Lexus CVT & fortunately the 3 Road Tests I have viewed

have confirmed this albeit a little noisy if pushed in D-Mode.

Tel

If it's the same as the Lexus CVT, it must be a scaled down version, because, if I test drove a Lexus and the gearbox was like the one I had today, I'd walk away.

I'm not writing it off yet 😃

Well I might do the same if I do not like my Test Drive.

Tel

My partner ordered an Aygo X Edge manual in cardamom green with the canvas roof last Sunday. Expected delivery for all models was 27th August.

Had a look at the car in the showroom and was impressed, a step up from the MK2 I currently run. I’m hoping to test drive the manual version this weekend if it’s available.

Aygo X @ Zeebrugge,Belgium.

Not long to wait.

Wonder if the current Flaps & cill guards fit ?

Tel