Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chuffed 3

Tel 2

If it's the same as the Lexus CVT, it must be a scaled down version, because, if I test drove a Lexus and the gearbox was like the one I had today, I'd walk away.

I'm not writing it off yet 😃

Test Drive done and order placed today for the Aygo Exclusive with Protection Pack and Superguard Protection in Chili Red.  Delivery date given as 25th July 2022.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

If it's the same as the Lexus CVT, it must be a scaled down version, because, if I test drove a Lexus and the gearbox was like the one I had today, I'd walk away.

Test Drive done and order placed today for the Aygo Exclusive with Protection Pack and Superguard Protection in Chili Red.  Delivery date given as 25th July 2022.

That's is a great choice, the only thing I would have left out is the Superguard protection as it is very rarely applied correctly and there are many better protection products on the market, but then that just me. Hope you get hold of it soon and have many years of happy motoring.

Test Drive done and order placed today for the Aygo Exclusive with Protection Pack in Chili Red.  Delivery date given as 25th July 2022.

Thanks.  I had a very long conversation about the Superguard and I reiterated that it is a fantastic product only if it is applied PROPERLY AND CORRECTLY and I pre warned him that he will have a very unhappy customer if it is not done correctly.  I have asked if I can pop in when it is being done....he is going to get back to me on that.

Deffo check when you get it - They didn't even bother to actually apply it on mine, and I had to get Supagard to send someone down to do it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

Deffo check when you get it - They didn't even bother to actually apply it on mine, and I had to get Supagard to send someone down to do it!

Sounds like a dealer with some trust issues?

My last 3 car purchases (Audi, Skoda and Toyota) have all had Superguard paid for and applied by the dealer - the evidence that it had been applied was clear to see when it rained, and for how long that lasted before the effect started to fade.

• Like 1

They are not a dealer I'd recommend, no...

15 hours ago, Cyker said:

You probably won in the long run as I bet it was applied correctly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Sounds like a dealer with some trust issues?

My last 3 car purchases (Audi, Skoda and Toyota) have all had Superguard paid for and applied by the dealer - the evidence that it had been applied was clear to see when it rained, and for how long that lasted before the effect started to fade.

It certainly works if applied correctly.  I had it applied to a new Honda Civic by the dealership many years ago and when it rained you could see where it had been applied and where it had not.  

Since then I have discovered there are many ceramic coats that are far superior which can last anything from six months to six years.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 10:27 AM, BobbyMcLeish said:

I have a planned route which includes a two mile stretch of Dual Carriageway that has speeds up to 70mph.  This will give me chance to notice any wind noise etc and I can test the over taking acceleration.  Then I have a winedy very long country road with twists and turns and has totally uneven roads with dips and ups and downs and plenty of pot holes.

And obviously, I'll just drive around town in a built up area with lots of stops and starts.

I really need to see if this auto gearbox is up to my expectations.

Then I'll be sitting in my drive testing and playing around with all the gadgets, especially that lovely looking large infotainment system.

My dealer will have three Aygo X's in three different colours, the Ginger Beige, the Blue and the Cardomon.  I will still have to visit another showroom that has the Red, before I can chose which colour.

I had my extended two hour Aygo X Auto test drive on Good Friday.

It was the blue colour, it had the Essential Protection Pack on it, which consists of protection film behind the drivers and passengers door handles, front & rear rubber mats (the front ones have the Aygo X logo on them), mud guards alround and a rubber boot tray.  I have ordered these with my Aygo X.

If you drive the Aygo X in a "normal" everyday way" the Auto gearbox is not as bad as I thought it would be, however, as mentioned before, if you try to be like Michael Schumacher,  it screams like a baby.

Sounds and drives well on the motorway at 70mph, no real road noise to mention, but I did notice a bit of wind noise around the door mirrors,  but not too noticeable. 

Turning circle is amazing.

Tried a few emergency stops and this also was excellent. 

The front and rear reversing/parking sensors work really well, it displays the parking segments on the mini screen were the speedometer is.  Both my wife and I noticed when driving into our drive and then reversing up the side drive, we always glance over our left should to see if the gate has opened, but because of the rear pillars, we could not see anything, but when in the Rav, we could see the gate, so there is a very large blind spot in that area, so extra caution when reversing and coming out of junctions is needed.  However, the reversing camera, unlike the one on our Rav and my daughters Aygo has a wide angled lens and it really really good and shows FAR more than most other reversing cameras I have seen.

We took it on a whinedy bumpy long uneven road with pot holes and we were very surprised how it handled this.  The Aygo X is quieter than expected and the road handling is excellent and the front seats give your upper body a bit of a hug.

Tried out the wired and wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay and the wireless charging, no problems at all, all worked as expected.   We even tried the cars own built in sat nav, which was fine, but we have no intentions of using this.

The sound from the infotainment system is acceptable,  once we played around with the Base and Treble settings, so for us, there was no need to upgrade to the JBL system.

We did notice a very annoying and loud whistling sound inside the car and worked out it was the air vents at either side of the dash.  If you have them fully open, or half open, they are fine, but if you have them open just a bit or think you have closed them, this is when you will hear the whistling sound.  If closing the vents ensure you press them until the CLICK fully shut.

If you look under the bonnet, don't look at the underside of it, as they have not painted it and has overspray on it, it's a shame that they saved a few quid by doing this, same applies to the inner wheel arches.

So after this we ordered one with a delivery date in July.

Hope this is of interest to any possible Aygo X purchasers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really interesting feed back, thank you.  Some of the comments are also true of the older Aygo, for example we have the same whistling from the air vents with the fan on the higher settings, this disappears as you open up the vents.   We have no parking sensors so that was interesting to read.  We do have the rear camera which works well, my only comment being that the wide angle can make it difficult to park the car straight if you rely on the camera alone. 

I am really beginning to like the Aygo over the Honda CRV I traded in for it and I have missed. 

July is not so very far away so not long to wait.  Hope it all goes well and you thoroughly your new purchase.  

• Like 1

Test Drive today .

Considering I ordered the X blind & failed to change to a 2021 MMT, that was better than I was lead to believe, the Drive will be compared to my AVS-equipped Lexus.

Can the 18" wheeled Aygo X really ride smoothly on our battle scarred highways & does the 10-speed CVT deliver seamless drive in D-Mode.

Will Report.

Tel

Well ? I'm in suspense 🤣

• Like 1

Saw 3 X: Green Ltd, Auto, Roof,   Ginger Auto Edge,   Chilli Exclusive manual.

My Dealer has 37 X Orders, mostly Ginger & Chilli

Auto seems to be the prefferred choice.

Chilli is more Orange than Red in the shade.

The X is ultra Yarisesqe.

Excellent Ride,Impressive low Bump/Thump with good Handling.

Auto lovely to operate if a tad noisy when rushed.

Everything on the X seemed Factory fresh &,along with Other Punters, we all agreed milage would benefit the X.

Dealer still says it will take 5 weeks to deliver my car from Zeebrugge which I think is ridiculous but could a price rise be imminent.?

Tel

• Like 2

Doesn't matter if there is a price increase, if you have paid your deposit and agreed your price and placed your order 👍

• Like 1

Bobby

What flavour of Spice have you gone for?

Tel

It was between Ginger and Chili.

What swayed me to Chili was I got a discount which covered the cost of the premium Chili Red paint, in effect it was free (ish) 😂

• Like 1

The Delivery frustration would be resolved if Punters were given the full schedule by Toyota.

Mine is in Zeebrugge awaiting a vessel that sails to Grimsby with other competitors cars designated for said ship. Not unknown for the ship to be delayed waiting days for VW delivery etc.

Similar huge delays @ Grimsby awaiting delivery to Derby and c.4 days with the Dealer. 

Toyota know the exact schedule but choose not to share whereas Mini & Audi USA do.

Pre- Pandemic Lexus were perfect & I assume Toyota too.

Covid has a lot to answer for.!

Tel

My Toyota sales rep thinks the same, he cannot understand the delivery process from mainland Europe to the UK!!!  I bet the process would be better and quicker if they were shipped from Japan 😂

I said, if Toyota offered a collection service by the customer at these ports, I'd be happy to do so.

However, you would then have the issue of prep, handover, documents blah blah blah, in fact, not sure why I typed that, it will never happen !!!

I'm hoping that mine will arrive early and not late 🥺🤣

• Like 1

Just for everyone's information, I have sent the attached YouTube Aygo X video to my sales rep at Toyota.

The Aygo X shown is NOT a Limited Edition and has heated front seats !!

This is not the only non Limited Edition Aygo X that I have seen with heated front seats !!

I bloody hope that, it's not the usual Toyota nonnUK market option and everyone else gets them !!

• Like 1

Sadly just because a euro-spec one has something doesn't mean that the UK one will. This is, yet again, due to Toyota UK's bizarre and incomprehensible decision-making process, as they decide what spec levels and options we get.

It's like how the Mk4 Yaris can have wireless charging, heated seats and steering wheel... just not in the UK. 

(It can also have AWD, 360 degree parking camera and self-parking... but only in Japan...)

• Like 1

Yes, I'm aware of this Toyota UK decision making (on our behalf),  however, there's no harm in asking, even though, I probably already know the answer.

• Like 2

Car is at last in the UK ,.Grimsby

Bet we still do not get it until mid May !

Tel

Have you seen that on your order on the MyT app ?

I ordered a Cardamom Green Aygo X Exclusive Edition automatic with the JBL Speakers a few weeks ago. I was told delivery expected June, but I suspect that will slip. Good things come to those who wait!

I ordered having not seen it in person, but have since test drove an automatic exclusive edition in Chilli red and have no regrets in placing my order. Having also seen the Limited edition one at my local dealer at the same time I'm also happy with my colour choice.

Looking forward to taking delivery.

Yes on the AP which has updated recently to show more stages.

Tel

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links