Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chuffed 3

Tel 2

4 hours ago, Dave the aygo said:

Thanks will keep that in mind

I hope you don't need it.

Collecting the Auto X on Friday after the Toyota Approved Body Shop has taken days to resolve the Transit paint chip.

Frustration is almost over but, trust me, I will inspect the car thoroughly before purchase.

Tel

• Like 1

Excellent.  I have never had a car this small (engine and size), just wondering what grade of fuel to use, obviously not supermarket fuel, but would you use normal unleaded or premium unleaded ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Excellent.  I have never had a car this small (engine and size), just wondering what grade of fuel to use, obviously not supermarket fuel, but would you use normal unleaded or premium unleaded ?

I have stuck with E5 for the Aygo for two main reasons, firstly the car uses so little petrol the saving from using E10 instead of E5 is minimal.  Secondly we do not use the car that often so that the fuel sits in the tank absorbing water, more so with E10 than E5.

• Thanks 1

Interesting, as a Lexus Nut for over 30 years, the Royal We in the Forum, have done extensive tests over thousands of miles & 90% of us found no difference between Asda & Shell.

When working, I did 80000 miles a year in the last 8 years & petrol was free, so I did confirm the above But there are many people who believe Premium has beneficial properties.

I had a 5 litre Lexus ISF Mk.2 &, on long Continental Journeys to Rome etc. I averaged c.28 mpg

despite 3 figure speeds on occasion, using basic petrol.

What I will do though is Run the car in for the first 500 miles.

Tel

22 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

My Aygo (and my C1 before it) has almost only had a diet of (now E10) supermarket fuel, on a few occasions I've filled with E5 branded super unleaded and noticed no difference at all.

Our 107 run on mainly branded fuel cos we in bit of a not spot for supermarket fuel, but my sister's 1.0 108 has run on Asda fuel for 5 years as she luckily has a big Asda just round the corner with no issues. I have put the occassional tank of Asda fuel in our 107 when been over my sister's and it run quite happily. 

Bobby,

Where is your car & what spec.did you finally settle on ?

Tel

It's still says In Transit. I went for the exclusive in chili red auto.

Screenshot_20220518-075307.png

4 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

It's still says In Transit. I went for the exclusive in chili red auto.

Screenshot_20220518-075307.png

Screenshot_20220518-123454.png

New expected delivery date of 30th June.

My partners Aygo X order went to build today. The dealer has said it is expected to arrive around 5th July. 

Cardamom green Edge spec, canvas roof and manual gearbox.

That's why I'm expecting my Aygo X far sooner than 30th June.

• Like 1

Decided on a Super Guard Ceramic Dealer Application as the car is hardly ever garaged & the

process ensures both Body & Trim are spot-on.

Tel

I'm also having that.  Do they do the whole car ? Paintwork, glass, bumpers, plastic trim and door checks ?

The first thing I'll be doing after it rains, is to check the car over and ensure all the car has been properly coated.

Collection later today & I will tell you what the Super Guard Spec covers remembering that the bumpers are integral to the bodywork so only the glass is doubtful .

Tel

Hope all goes well and you are pleased with your new Aygo X. Looking forward to your review/comments on it to see if it is 'The Best City SUV in the World!'

Me too!

How long would it usually take from left factory status to delivery?

My partners Aygo X status has changed to left factory today. ETA is 5th July, that was given by the dealer a few weeks ago.

Aygo progress 1.jpg

15 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Decided on a Super Guard Ceramic Dealer Application as the car is hardly ever garaged & the

process ensures both Body & Trim are spot-on.

Tel

While I praise your attitude towards protecting your new Aygo X, I would approach the Supagard sold by dealers with some caution.

The sales executives love to big this product up and promise big things from it. Unfortunately it’s all about commission and is smoke and mirrors in the end.

I worked in a main dealer for 13 years (over 15 years ago now), and they flogged this stuff to many many unsuspecting customers, promising amazing protection from tree sap, bird lime or from interior spills from Ribena and alike.

Sadly I lost count of the amount of complaints it got over the long term! 
Do you want to hear the truth?

Most of the products ended up in the bin!

The kit would be given to the contract agency cleaner who was at the time (early 00’s) given £6 to clean a brand new car.

Supagard polish needs to be applied and left for quite a few hours to dry before removing, the interior spray for fabric applied carefully to seat materials, carpets etc and left to dry (whole spray can), wheels clean and then sprayed with the protector and then the interior plastics coated with a different protector spray. 

Quite a comprehensive product for the money, sadly though the £6 the cleaner gets would actually mean the polish would be applied and quickly rubbed off, the carpet/seats loosely sprayed and the rest? Yeah, in the bin. 
It was a rip off, with dealers charging £300-£400 for a kit that was bought in bulk for £25 a pack.

So, moving on to 2022.

I’ve just bought a new Toyota and guess what? Yes the dealer offered me the chance of a “free” amazing supagard paint protection (it wasn’t free, it was a fiddle of the figures to make me believe it was free), I thought, go one then, let’s see if things have changed, I’ll take a punt on it.

I picked the car up, and in the boot was my protection pack to keep on top of the supagard protection.

Once I got the car home I did my usual intense car valet to check for paint defects and to get to see the car up close (hey I’ve just paid £20k+, I want it perfect if you please!).

So what did I find? Yep, unprotected paint, no beading of water and it actually had fallout of rust, transportation debris and general grime and needed hours of claybar rubbing back before a cutting compound, a polish then a wax! The Interior was as suspected, zero protection, no beading with a test with water on seats and carpet as it should do.

So armed with pictures for proof, I approached the dealer, who very quickly offered to “reapply” the supagard, to which I refused. So magically and not very reluctantly I was refunded £300 for my “free” supagard!!!!

It seems nothing has changed in the last 15 years, it’s always about the commission and the fact the demonstration kits the Sales teams use promise and show amazing things, when actually it’s a mediocre product applied by poorly paid people.

So as I said, approach with caution…..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pumatron said:

While I praise your attitude towards protecting your new Aygo X, I would approach the Supagard sold by dealers with some caution.

The sales executives love to big this product up and promise big things from it. Unfortunately it’s all about commission and is smoke and mirrors in the end.

I worked in a main dealer for 13 years (over 15 years ago now), and they flogged this stuff to many many unsuspecting customers, promising amazing protection from tree sap, bird lime or from interior spills from Ribena and alike.

Sadly I lost count of the amount of complaints it got over the long term! 
Do you want to hear the truth?

Most of the products ended up in the bin!

The kit would be given to the contract agency cleaner who was at the time (early 00’s) given £6 to clean a brand new car.

Supagard polish needs to be applied and left for quite a few hours to dry before removing, the interior spray for fabric applied carefully to seat materials, carpets etc and left to dry (whole spray can), wheels clean and then sprayed with the protector and then the interior plastics coated with a different protector spray. 

Quite a comprehensive product for the money, sadly though the £6 the cleaner gets would actually mean the polish would be applied and quickly rubbed off, the carpet/seats loosely sprayed and the rest? Yeah, in the bin. 
It was a rip off, with dealers charging £300-£400 for a kit that was bought in bulk for £25 a pack.

So, moving on to 2022.

I’ve just bought a new Toyota and guess what? Yes the dealer offered me the chance of a “free” amazing supagard paint protection (it wasn’t free, it was a fiddle of the figures to make me believe it was free), I thought, go one then, let’s see if things have changed, I’ll take a punt on it.

I picked the car up, and in the boot was my protection pack to keep on top of the supagard protection.

Once I got the car home I did my usual intense car valet to check for paint defects and to get to see the car up close (hey I’ve just paid £20k+, I want it perfect if you please!).

So what did I find? Yep, unprotected paint, no beading of water and it actually had fallout of rust, transportation debris and general grime and needed hours of claybar rubbing back before a cutting compound, a polish then a wax! The Interior was as suspected, zero protection, no beading with a test with water on seats and carpet as it should do.

So armed with pictures for proof, I approached the dealer, who very quickly offered to “reapply” the supagard, to which I refused. So magically and not very reluctantly I was refunded £300 for my “free” supagard!!!!

It seems nothing has changed in the last 15 years, it’s always about the commission and the fact the demonstration kits the Sales teams use promise and show amazing things, when actually it’s a mediocre product applied by poorly paid people.

So as I said, approach with caution…..

I really do agree with all of that but would also add that I doubt that the paintwork on handover is ever spot on.  I wouldn't mind betting there is at least some sort of contaminate such as brake dust from the transporter that delivered the vehicle.  Even if applied correctly any coating is going to seal that contaminate in.  

A much better approach is to apply a ceramic or graphene coating yourself or pay a professional detailer to do the job, the end result will be leagues better the the dealership car washer will achieve.

• Like 2

I should have added that my next door neighbour worked as a Toyota Saleman for a number of years and has a new Corolla on order.  He is very pro Toyota but recently he was asking what I used for detailing as he knew I was well in to detailing my cars.   If a very pro Toyota salesman is looking to detail his own car I think it says a lot about Super Guard.  I would also add that, even if applied correctly, Super Guard is far from the best ceramic coating on the market today.

• Like 2

Im wondering if my new Aygo purchase in Jan was Supagarded as the paint looked unusually shiny and very beady for a new car. Usually its the opposite. Its still just as good now. Didnt pay for it and nothing was even mentioned so maybe thats just the norm for toyota treated paint from new? Will never know.

5 hours ago, rich146 said:

Im wondering if my new Aygo purchase in Jan was Supagarded as the paint looked unusually shiny and very beady for a new car. Usually its the opposite. Its still just as good now. Didnt pay for it and nothing was even mentioned so maybe thats just the norm for toyota treated paint from new? Will never know.

If it is still beading in a constant way across the care who cares what was used.

18 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

If it is still beading in a constant way across the care who cares what was used.

Thanks 

From Handover Bay " til today, the X experience is ultra Yarisesque littered with Safety Features

that ensure you keep concentration at all times----travelling between a parked van & fast on-coming traffic, the stupid van driver suddenly tries to enter his vehicle prompting the X to smoothly deviate away from the Incident.

The X has 2 Key Fobs,the front doorsill cover is barely decorative & the parcel shelf is now held by an elastic cord loop.

You sit higher than all saloon cars & the Auto works a treat . Milage 15 as of today.

Connectivity is rapid for ACP etc. & the Toyota Protect ceramic application, which covers the fancy wheels too, is guaranteed for 5 years & reads well provided you do not read the small print.

Bank Vault tight,Factory Fresh,the X needs milage to extract  its potential.

Tel

• Like 1