Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chuffed 3

Tel 2

5 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

From Handover Bay " til today, the X experience is ultra Yarisesque littered with Safety Features

that ensure you keep concentration at all times----travelling between a parked van & fast on-coming traffic, the stupid van driver suddenly tries to enter his vehicle prompting the X to smoothly deviate away from the Incident.

The X has 2 Key Fobs,the front doorsill cover is barely decorative & the parcel shelf is now held by an elastic cord loop.

You sit higher than all saloon cars & the Auto works a treat . Milage 15 as of today.

Connectivity is rapid for ACP etc. & the Toyota Protect ceramic application, which covers the fancy wheels too, is guaranteed for 5 years & reads well provided you do not read the small print.

Bank Vault tight,Factory Fresh,the X needs milage to extract  its potential.

Tel

I thought I read "decorative & the parcel shelf is now held by an elastic band!" Early days I guess lol . I removed the flimsy shelf (Piece of cloth!) on the my previous model Aygo as its pointless. Is it a similar cloth shelf/cover on the new one?

The Aygo Trend had plastic location tabs that were secure in a breeze when the Hatch was open.

The new cover flaps in the slightest puff of wind .Both are Fabric.

The X sill protection strip is half the width of that fitted to the Trend.

X Ride is lively on Urban Routes which is exceptional for the fitted 18" wheels.

Latest mpg from urban/City spirited driving 55 which is much better than the previous Trend.

Tel 

20 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

The Aygo Trend had plastic location tabs that were secure in a breeze when the Hatch was open.

X Ride is lively on Urban Routes which is exceptional for the fitted 18" wheels.

Latest mpg from urban/City spirited driving 55 which is much better than the previous Trend.

Tel 

I got 69mpg on my exclusive xshift with yesterdays commute !? On average I get around 60mpg upwards . 55mpg seems on the lower side although it depends how heavy your right foot is I guess jB65FD319-25F3-4081-9024-F004C7BE845F.thumb.jpeg.abc774de58bd139f9c1df90e0fd6ea08.jpeg

Check your tyre pressures .

Ours were set 10% high.

Tel

On 5/23/2022 at 3:27 PM, Tel 2 said:

Tel 

Interesting, our 108 has a fabric parcel/shelf cover, but it cleverly lifts with the tailgate and then covers boot space when closed, I thought Aygo would be similar, but looks like it isn't. 

Know what you mean about 'short' sill protectors, the 'official' Peugeot 108 ones were stupidly short especially for our 3 door, so I luckily found some new old stock for the previous model and fitted those.  

New delivery date for me is 20th June👍

I will be putting my own registration number on the car from new, straight from the Registration Retention Certificate, first time doing it with a new car....does this mean my new Aygo X will not have a DVLA assigned registration number ?  Obviously, it will get one if I take off the private number.

Anytime I have taken my own number off my previous Ravs, they ALWAYS got their original registration number back.

Well worth the wait.

The X is an entirely new Toyota model from the B-Post forward.

What Dealer fitted Options have you ordered ?

Tel

The Protection Pack (mats, mud guards and the clear film protection behind the door handles).

But when the parts are available, I'll be ordering the sills, side door protection and the full space saver kit.

No Dashcam is a surprise & I am carrying a can of Tyre Repair gunge for emergency needs.

I am waiting for a black rear bumper protection strip as I am not a fan df clear film.

Having said that, all door edges are protected with clear film

Tel

Front & Rear Thinkware F200 Pro Dash Cams also being hard wired in, been using Thinkware for years, can have a car without them. Not being fitted by Toyota.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:41 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

New delivery date for me is 20th June👍

I will be putting my own registration number on the car from new, straight from the Registration Retention Certificate, first time doing it with a new car....does this mean my new Aygo X will not have a DVLA assigned registration number ?  Obviously, it will get one if I take off the private number.

Anytime I have taken my own number off my previous Ravs, they ALWAYS got their original registration number back.

As regards to Private registration, I’ve done this a few times where the first registration is with the number plate on retention.

When you come to sell the car or want to just remove the number plate from the Aygo X, once you place the number plate on retention you will automatically have assigned a new number plate which is specific for year and area the car was registered. 

Just ordered the cargo net for the Boot & apparently there are 2 Toyota Chilli Reds so ensure you order the 2022 version.

Secondly, the Bonnet Stay is interesting, as when it is in the parked position, it can so easily be rattled to a surprising degree.The car is built so well that it easily mirrors my Lexus & this Stay cannot be heard when driving.

Nevertheless, I have used rubber pieces to reduce movement.

Tel

Not sure what you mean "make sure you order the 2022 model" and there's two chili reds !!

I thought that the Aygo X was only available from 2022 onwards !

Saw this video and was surprised how much noise inside the cabin and from engine from outside (end of video) when compared to my previous 2022 iteration Aygo. Could someone compare when they get the chance please? 

Toyota do 2 Chilli Reds which I assume are further described by code numbers as the Yaris I saw was Post Box Red & ours is more Burgundy.Make sense now?

Tel

Ah, so what you meant was Toyota do two chili reds, I thought for a minute, you were saying the Aygo X came in two chili reds !!🥺

Dealer rang-------no Touch -up paints available for the X currently.

Tel

• 2 weeks later...

300 mile Report,

Remain Chuffed,

Just returned from a 40 mile journey into the hilly Derbyshire Countryside & achieved 65.5 mpg in auto echo-mode that reflects the last 10 miles when traffic was heavy.

The Autobox smoothness, even up steep hills, improves with age whilst the ride remains lively on poor roads.

Handling is excellent.

Tel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Our Chilli X continues to receive positive comments from many people, most think it is a new Yaris.

The Bonnet release is on the drivers side, the 2 front wipers are far more efficient & the Media screen, to date, free of finger marks, despite constant use of ACP.

The Cruise Control is impressive but struggles on down-hill sections, the turning circle is excellent & the Collision Prevention visual is now  in one inch high RED letters across the Speedo screen.

Tel

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

The Cruise Control is impressive but struggles on down-hill sections

Does it not use the brakes on downhill sections? Most recent factory cruise control systems also use the brakes to stop speed increasing too far.

That's what I thought (and has been the case on any auto with cruise control that I have had), whether you are going uphill or downhill the car does everything for you !!

Too true but my Lexus controls downhill slopes with Cruise better on the same route where there is not sufficient roadway length to see how quickly the X or,indeed,the Lexus returns to set speed as you quickly enter a 30 mph zone.

The X Auto is relatively heavy and will take a touch longer to return to set speed smoothly.

Tel

• 3 weeks later...

X continues to impress.

Did an 80 mile trip into the Derbyshire Dales including driving through a heavy rain storm between Bakewell & Buxton. Auto- air conditioning , DAB & ACP are  the default settings & reception "in the wilds" equalled the City.

The Auto is impressive & the turning circle is a boon.

56.5 mpg on Asda E10.

Chuffed.

Tel

• 2 weeks later...

The X Edge Auto model choice(with sensors) lacks for nothing, is  smooth & much easier to drive than my Manual Aygo."s.

Would love Folding Mirrors & rear coat hooks though.

Mpg c.55 on Asda E10.

Tel

9 minutes ago, Tel 2 said:

The X Edge Auto model choice(with sensors) lacks for nothing, is  smooth & much easier to drive than my Manual Aygo."s.

Would love Folding Mirrors & rear coat hooks though.

Mpg c.55 on Asda E10.

Tel

Hi Tel,

I so do miss my folding mirrors (auto folding mirrors that fold in and out when car is off/on are even better).  The Aygo X is believe it or not a bit wider than my Rav4, which was a bit of a negative for me when choosing to downsize.

Depending on where I park, I'm getting into the habit of manually folding my mirrors in by hand. I tend to do both.

Did you get your door side mouldings fitted ?  If so, can we see a photo ?

Have a look on AliExpress for some ideas on rear coat hooks, you may find a suitable solution.