Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autocar - first review of Aygo X

FROSTYBALLS

At least they have ditched the MMT or X-sniff in favour of a CVT Auto - only time will tell tho

• Like 1

Thanks for posting, as ever review doesn't rave about the Aygo X, but does mention fun and thrifty motoring which is all right by me, which is what these little cars have always been about. 

I don't take much notice about these reviews it's down to personal choice I think the new aygo looks like a winner I will have one hopefully next year 

• Like 3

On 2/9/2022 at 6:31 AM, Dave the aygo said:

I don't take much notice about these reviews it's down to personal choice I think the new aygo looks like a winner I will have one hopefully next year 

Me too, I know the CVT gearbox is really good and it'll be a great improvement for the Aygo. I'll be swapping next year as well.

• Like 1

Well you seem to have done very well with your MMT - Never noticed you having any issues with it like a lot of other people, so you must be doing something right! :laugh: 

• Like 1

The newer mmt's seem a bit more refined well they have had enough goes at it in the last 18+ years, only time will tell if the x-sniff suffers with issues

I would have liked to see a bigger engine, maybe a 1.2 turbo

• Like 1

The 8NR-FTS in an Aygo?? Ahahaa that would be amazing! :laugh: 

It would be as fun as the 1ND-TV in a Mk1 Yaris, but with more torque and much lighter! Would make it a proper country-road rocket ship! :naughty: 

20 hours ago, Cyker said:

Well you seem to have done very well with your MMT - Never noticed you having any issues with it like a lot of other people, so you must be doing something right! :laugh: 

The mk2 x shift seems to be more reliable.

• Like 2

The MMT on the 2021 Aygo was very smooth but not linear in delivery.

Nevertheless it was better than the manual in congested traffic,

The Press have never liked CVTs.

The X Residuals are 50% higher than the former model so my X Edge Auto on PCP @ 3.7 APR equates to savings of £120 p.a . v the 2021 Aygo equivalent on 0%.

It is a winner.

Tel

• Like 2

As soon as my local Toyota dealer gets a Aygo X Auto in, they are calling me, as I need to test drive one.  If all goes well and I like the rest of the car, there's a pretty good chance of me ordering a Aygo X Exclusive.

I keep checking Carwow and as soon as they have the Aygo X listed, I'll be sending out dealer requests for the best deal.  As its brand new, I'm not expecting much discounts, but its worth trying.

• Like 2