Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Price Rise

Tango T5

I've been contemplating trading in my 2017 1.2T for a new 2.0 GR Sport. Printed out some prices a few weeks ago. Been back on the configurator again yesterday, and the spec I want is now £285 more.

Has anybody else noticed this.

Hoping to order tomorrow !!

Just been a price rise. Always a risk if you hang around too long.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tango T5 said:

I've been contemplating trading in my 2017 1.2T for a new 2.0 GR Sport. Printed out some prices a few weeks ago. Been back on the configurator again yesterday, and the spec I want is now £285 more.

Has anybody else noticed this.

Hoping to order tomorrow !!

Is that all? Some models have gone up considerably more 

• Like 2

A £285 price rise can be lost in the figures if your trading in & the sales person wants to do a deal. 

8 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

A £285 price rise can be lost in the figures if your trading in & the sales person wants to do a deal. 

Going to the dealers tomorrow, to see what they can do. 

To be honest a £285 price rise on a £33K vehicle is less than a 1% rise.

Why not see whether your dealer is taking part in the following offer, which will more than compensate for the price rise -

53 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Tried it the other day at Tesco over a 5p rise on a can of baked beans….. they told me to clear off!  😁

• Haha 2

It's a new month, so prices do change, prices on Toyota's site are full Retail prices

• Like 1

If you buy via Carwow or Drive the Deal, you will save a small fortune. You still collect via a dealer, and obtain Toyotas finance deals, warranty etc. you just cut a chunk of the dealer margin out 

Well worth checking them out! 

2 hours ago, Gray86 said:

If you buy via Carwow or Drive the Deal, you will save a small fortune. You still collect via a dealer, and obtain Toyotas finance deals, warranty etc. you just cut a chunk of the dealer margin out 

Well worth checking them out! 

Just looked, about a £3000 saving for the spec. I'm looking at. Can't see my local dealer matching that. And this dealer is only 60 mile away.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tango T5 said:

Just looked, about a £3000 saving for the spec. I'm looking at. Can't see my local dealer matching that. And this dealer is only 60 mile away.

I would try if they match the carwow offer. My local dealer almost matched it, so I ordered locally to save me a 200 miles return journey to Hull in January/February. The dealer in Hull would have delivered the car for free, but I prefer to pick up a new car in person if possible 😊

1 minute ago, bunnyrabbit03 said:

I would try if they match the carwow offer. My local dealer almost matched it, so I ordered locally to save me a 200 miles return journey to Hull in January/February. The dealer in Hull would have delivered the car for free, but I prefer to pick up a new car in person if possible 😊

My local dealer is 28 mile round trip, Carwow dealer about 140 mile round trip, but offering full tank if picked up in person. Will give the local dealer a chance to match though.

My local dealer gave me only half a tank of fuel, but then it is only an 8 miles round trip 👍

22 hours ago, Tango T5 said:

I bought mine through Carwow, glad the discounts are still big! 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 10:21 PM, bunnyrabbit03 said:

I ordered via Carwow. The Hull dealer offered best price but realized they could not deliver. My local dealer could not match the price but while quoting told me about the £285 increase which I could not find at that time on Toyota's website. I went with another nearby dealer who will deliver and was like £60 more than the Hull dealer.

Yes, it really depends. Both my nearby dealers (both part of a bigger group) turned out to be not as competitive as my local dealer (not part of a bigger group). In any case, websites like Carwow have really shaken up the market for new cars (and the likes of Motorway have done the same for the used car market, of course). 

• Like 1