Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GR Sport Touring Sports Spec Confusion

Notfer

Me again.

Whilst trying not to clog up the forum with the same old questions, I've had a look and can't find an answer/question to what I'm about to ask.

Does anyone know if the GR Sport TS comes with Ambient Lighting?

In the brochure, it says that the GR spec gets everything the Design has, plus GR specific stuff, and on the Design, you get Interior ambient lighting

154858845_Screenshot2022-02-09at00_00_45.thumb.png.2360d4960e07c36f9c74b0f1ee8748ca.png

514075536_Screenshot2022-02-09at00_00_38.thumb.png.d7a1f895faa98dc56d8484f4707b6b21.png

However, if you go to the back of the brochure where you compare the spec across the range, the interior ambient lighting is missing for the GR, even though it says earlier on that it gets it.

1894478694_Screenshot2022-02-09at00_01_14.thumb.png.9505e3e9930d27df33baeb0228b5212e.png

I know it's not the be all and end all, but it would be nice to have some continuity.

I would have liked this option on my GR Sport hatch but from what I could find out it is on the excel but not GR Sport. Some of the spec differences are a bit strange to be honest.

My MY21 GR Sport TS doesn’t have it and no mention of it being added to MY22. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

My MY21 GR Sport TS doesn’t have it and no mention of it being added to MY22. 

Thanks, it’s a really strange one to omit. Unless it interferes with the HUD? 

TBH, its a bit underwhelming. There's a soft blue glow on the small storage space in the center console and on the armrest/window controls on both sides. Its brighter when in park and dims when you select drive. It may also dim the overhead console light that shines on the cupholders but not noticed. Its not like the footwell lighting you get on some cars.

If you're looking at a GR Sport over a design, don't let this be a deal breaker. The HUD is way better than having ambient lighting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

TBH, its a bit underwhelming. There's a soft blue glow on the small storage space in the center console and on the armrest/window controls on both sides. Its brighter when in park and dims when you select drive. It may also dim the overhead console light that shines on the cupholders but not noticed. Its not like the footwell lighting you get on some cars.

If you're looking at a GR Sport over a design, don't let this be a deal breaker. The HUD is way better than having ambient lighting.

You also get a spare wheel on the design, and LED boot lighting - both of which you don’t get on the GR. 

27 minutes ago, Gray86 said:

You also get a spare wheel on the design, and LED boot lighting - both of which you don’t get on the GR. 

My Design order is TRK (tyre repair kit) so I’m not expecting spare wheel. 

19 hours ago, Kental said:

My Design order is TRK (tyre repair kit) so I’m not expecting spare wheel. 

Did you spec a TRK, or has the MY22 spec changed? 

7 minutes ago, Gray86 said:

Did you spec a TRK, or has the MY22 spec changed? 

The price list shows 2 models 1.8 TRK and 1.8. The non TRK has higher emissions 

my design doesn`t have ambient lighting which did surprise me when i got the car , not a deal breaker but ambient lighting does give a sense of luxury.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, twintopp said:

my design doesn`t have ambient lighting which did surprise me when i got the car , not a deal breaker but ambient lighting does give a sense of luxury.

What year is yours? My MY21 (Oct 2020 build) Design has it. 

Yeah my design has the blue lighting but it's not something you'd know about unless you were looking for it, very understated.

Would much rather have the HUD, awesome feature and definitely the main incentive to take GR trim in my eyes.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 1:24 PM, trashman1965 said:

I'd agree, it nice but needs turning up a bit,too subtle.  i even researched the lighting package toyota have  , on their page its appears to be way more effective but its a bit pricey.  

I didn't know I had ambient lighting until I looked for it - almost unnoticeable and totally underwhelming.  Its not something you would miss.

On 2/9/2022 at 9:33 PM, Gray86 said:

I got a spare wheel with my 2ltr GR!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KWr said:

I got a spare wheel with my 2ltr GR!

It's nice to see that there's some consistency across the range 🙄

There is some aftermarket parts to retrofit them but it is probably too time consuming to do it.

8 minutes ago, bear807 said:

There is some aftermarket parts to retrofit them but it is probably too time consuming to do it.

Im happy to fit aftermarket and probably the route I'd go anyway, would just be nice to have them included

5 minutes ago, bear807 said:

here you go even better than oem functions and more leds

O1CN01X1QLaR1I0dnFaCr2t_!!2455310831.jpeg

Perfect, thanks for that!

• Like 1