Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 4WD 1364cc Urban Cruiser replacement clutch parts unavailable.

Jake 55

Hi All.

My Mother has a 2010 urban cruiser with a clutch failure.

I have tried to order a replacement clutch kit from our local Toyota dealer and also many other auto parts suppliers. The clutch plate seems to be unavailable with all suppliers stating that it should be available at some stage but cannot confirm a delivery date, I've been waiting since November 2021 but all my suppliers state that the delivery date could be next month or three months. The main issue seems to be that the 31250-0W140 clutch plate is not manufactured in the UK and no one can import it.  The clutch kit for the 2WD seems to be available but it has a different clutch plate.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Jake, I'm in exactly the same situation. I bought a 2011 D4D and the clutch started slipping within a couple of weeks of buying it. Have scoured the planet to find the right bits but they aren't available anywhere from multiple manufacturers. As you say, no problems getting a kit for the 2WD. Same stories I am getting with no lead time being quoted by anyone....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I also seem to have problems here.... my mechanic also advised we need to replace the Dual-Mass flywheel?

I just got quoted £1750 for clutch, DMF, and all fluids/hydrualics/oils changed 😐

Any advice from anyone?

• Like 1

The clutch kit is £250-300 DMF is the same again

LUK and Sach both list the clutch what is specific to the UC

iirc LUK state 6-8 weeks lead time

I would get a few other quotes

DMF - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234386674750

Clutch - 623 3317 33

imho do the DMF while doing the clutch, if the DMF fails it will wipe out the clutch

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 10:40 AM, Jake 55 said:

31250-0W140 clutch plate unavailable for the 4wd urban cruiser 

Just an update on my mothers car, I have sent the old clutch plate away for relining at C&C motor parts in Lisburn NI which cost around sixty quid, the car got a new clutch release bearing and pressure plate which were available through Toyota, no one could get the replacement clutch plate.

C&C motor parts or Clarke brake & clutch services which I found them as on a goggle search reconditioned the old plate and the car is back up and running with a good clutch, Im very happy with the result.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, My clutch went on a 2011 urban cruiser only 48K on clock. No Clutches to be found in Europe, nor Japan? Not even Toyota can get them or give a date for them

So I found a company in Leicester called Bonding & Relinning Services LE4 8DL

They relined my clutch plate for £15+ vat. A new release bearing from eBay (Maxgear) £55 including vat. The car is now back on the road and driving like a dream.

Hope this helps someone. Feel free to call me if you need any help.

Paul Hillman 07539 448000

Note: Mine is a 4wd version. search NLP115 or NLP110 for 2 WD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

same problem here , cant find any clutches for my AWD version , but i have a question ,is the disc diameter  225mm or 230mm, some websites saying 225mm so i want to be sure 

Thank you

See above the clutch is unique to the UC 4x4,  websites says they have stock but don't or are listing the 2wd clutch what is different (200mm clutch)

LUK is a trusted brand - LUK 623 3317 33 - 230mm

https://aftermarket.schaeffler.com/en/catalog/auto-parts/clutch-attachment-parts/clutch-kit/clutch-kit-luk-repset-pro/p-TA-479-6233317330

edit. Toyota's main dealers may have stock now, check with your local one