Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mudflaps & Wind Deflectors

Tango T5

Have just made an order for a 2022 GR Sport 2.0 in Ash Grey. Can anybody tell me if they've had mudflaps and wind deflectors fitted or fitted themselves ??

And would you know part numbers for said items ??

Also any idea on part number for boot liner for the 2 litre ??

Could have a look at Toyota GB's stores on Amazon and eBay, and also the Club's sponsor, Toyota Direct Parts -

Got mudflats from dealer great price and quality uses same holes and studs that are in boot liner from premier products Mansfield notts. Mines ash grey estate mines the one on website they will post them to you I’ve got dogs so had a piece made from front seats to fit onto the back seats when folded down.  They are fantastic and seat covers  good luck 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Monza1 said:

Got mudflats from dealer great price and quality uses same holes and studs that are in boot liner from premier products Mansfield notts. Mines ash grey estate mines the one on website they will post them to you I’ve got dogs so had a piece made from front seats to fit onto the back seats when folded down.  They are fantastic and seat covers  good luck 

So you bought official Toyota Mudflaps and fitted yourself ?? As I've seen them as cheap as £40, and they want about £100 fitted. I've seen the official boot liner for about £50

They were £34 last week.   My boot liner is online with sides easy clean it’s my car in the picture 

If it's for the hatchback, I have an OE Toyota kit for sale. Bought by mistake from the Toyota eBay store long before the car was actually built. When I finally came to fit them, discovered that my estate needs a different shape at the rear. PM me if interested.

Edit: Sorry, please ignore this. I thought I was posting in the Corolla forum! 😊

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 5:06 PM, Tango T5 said:

I have just made an order for a 2022 GR Sport 2.0 in Ash Grey. Can anybody tell me if they've had mudflaps and wind deflectors fitted or fitted themselves??

And would you know part numbers for said items??

Also, any idea on part number for boot liner for the 2 litre ??

I have a 2 litre GR Sport on order and will fit these items myself as they are straight forward the same as I did with my 2019 Corolla. I fitted Heko deflectors of eBay as direct the delivery costs for one set from Heko in Poland are REALLY expensive! Genuine Toyota mudflaps of www.ebay.co.uk/str/toyotaofficialstore usually cheaper than from the dealer but also available cheaper off eBay sellers or Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted genuine mudflaps and wind deflectors myself. Mudflaps are very easy - using existing fixing points. Wind deflectors require some measuring to get them in right place.

Bought both sets from Burrows.

Do the mudflaps make a big difference? 

12 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Do the mudflaps make a big difference? 

Just aesthetically.

Mud flaps could deflect stones away from sill paintwork.

If it's anything like my old Mk2 you'd not believe how much difference those tiny pieces of plastic make - My Mk2 didn't have any and the front doors were always splattered with guck, but on fitting the tiny plastic flaps it cut it down by like 90%!

I recall the front ones being really easy but the rear ones were a massive PITA for reasons I can't remember (May have involved drilling...?)

Thanks for the info.

It's been a case of do I fit them, or don't I fit them. 

On 3/21/2022 at 11:23 PM, Starensis said:

Just aesthetically.

I m debating also whether to fit them or not. If they are effective protecting the plastic trim on the doors i think i will add them! Do you have them starensis? They are not effective? Thanks in advance

Wind deflectors….. do you mean as fitted to the side windows, front and back. If so, I fitted mine, Climair down in Kent. Yes they do a good job, means I can crack the windows open to help demist or just for fresh air, with no rain coming in. £100

Front an rear mud flaps on when I bought the car 20 month old. I would have been fitting if none on. Protects the sills. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 12:31 PM, Merlin_gr said:

I m debating also whether to fit them or not. If they are effective protecting the plastic trim on the doors i think i will add them! Do you have them starensis? They are not effective? Thanks in advance

Mudflaps look good. Fronts do protect sills and rears rear bumper.

Wind deflectors again look really good on the car and as Joe has already mentioned, allow you to open window without excessive wind/rain ingress.

Mud flaps are easy to fit, wind deflectors require some measuring and patience to fit.

Fit them myself. I have in the past found genuine Toyota mud flaps on eBay Burrows £43.99 and I got the HEKO wind deflectors, again eBay MKTUNING11 £37.45.

• 4 months later...

I had mud flaps & wind deflectors fitted by Toyota when I purchased the car new in 2020. Mud flaps are ok and work, the wind deflectors I don’t like, they fit ok and stop the rain coming in, but has time goes on they come away from the window frame at the top, getting a few drips of rain occasionally. They are also a pain to clean, they turn in slightly and struggle to get your fingers in to clean. If I buy another ch, I wouldn’t bother with them.