Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange sound

Tomv

I was driving while having a phone call with friend and then I heard quite loud sound like when rock hits the front windscreen, but there was no car in front of me and there was also no car driving in opposite direction. 

I have checked the windscreen and didn't find any chips or cracks. I have been thinking about it whole day.

Could it have been caused by Speakers being shocked with static electric? That is the only thing that could explain it.

Could have been a stone thrown up against the wheel arch. I've had that happen before. If there's no obvious damage and it doesn't happen again then nothing to worry about.

18 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

Could have been a stone thrown up against the wheel arch. I've had that happen before. If there's no obvious damage and it doesn't happen again then nothing to worry about.

Could be any number of outside the car events, a farmer shooting in the nearby field just as he was passing 🤔

49 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

It could have been a stone hitting some part of the wheel arch that is not covered with plastic shields. Stone hitting some metal part could have sound like that. 

35 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Could be any number of outside the car events, a farmer shooting in the nearby field just as he was passing 🤔

Well, shot from airsoft gun against the windscreen should have sound like that 🙂

• Like 1

Once I had similar experience., a stone hit badly the windscreen at lower end next to the drivers wiper, didn’t find anything at first inspection and parked the car. In the evening I went to use the car again and discovered a massive crack through the window sideways., well it was my bad luck. Sometimes stones can be thrown from our own car tyres and they hit underneath too. Hopefully all it’s fine for you. 👍

3 hours ago, Tomv said:

Well, shot from airsoft gun against the windscreen should have sound like that 🙂

Was joking Tomas, most likely it was stone thrown up by your own tyre.👍

9 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

Was joking Tomas, most likely it was stone thrown up by your own tyre.👍

I think that it is very unlikely that stone would left wheel arch and hit my own windscreen.

One more thing came to my mind - it could be stone from wheel arch hitting the bottom of side mirror. It is made of hard plastic that could make similar sound like windscreen glass. 

I had a similar experience several years ago and a couple of weeks later found a small but quite deep dent in the passenger side A-pillar. I was driving through a hamlet near Bicester and I've often wondered if some local oik had taken a shot at me with a pellet gun.

• Like 1

I have searched all possible impact areas and have not find anything yet.   Hope I will not find some rusty surprise after some time 🙂

On 2/11/2022 at 11:59 PM, Tomv said:

I have searched all possible impact areas and have not find anything yet.   Hope I will not find some rusty surprise after some time 🙂

Probably your tyres pulled up a pebble that hit the undercarriage 

• Like 1