Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 1.8 Hatchback or 1.8/2.0 Touring Sports

DaveMatt7

My mileage is 8-10k a year, fuel efficiency is not crucial for me also, so I'm looking to get 2.0 Hb in time for the autumn 72 plate. It's very clear in my mind, I have no need to test drive the 1.8, I want the extra power. 

I currently have a MK3 Yaris hybrid 99bhp, having this car made it clear to me that the 1.8 corolla with 122bhp will not suit me. The current MK4 Yaris is definitely a very good improvement in terms of power compare to the MK3, however I have the need and requirement for a size above. 

I have a week long trip to North Wales in 3 months time, estimate to cover 1k miles. My Yaris will do a reliable job, though I know I wish to have the 2.0 corolla for it! 

• Like 1

Heh, I have a trip to North Wales in three months as well. Based near Denbigh, visiting golf courses. It'll be an interesting place to be based from given that this is the kind of road that leads to the property:

https://goo.gl/maps/3R4Q9CvuuBNdHBCS6

Good job that after three years of ownership I'm not precious about my car 🙂

• Like 1

😅 There is a narrow private road leading to the property we hired in Corwen, though no hedges, farm vehicles uses it also 😐 

We are doing a lot of sight seeing and some hiking, including an attempt at Snowdon. Enjoy your trip, who knows we may cross path 🙂

sc_1642676599_1034976_49.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

😅 There is a narrow private road leading to the property we hired in Corwen, though no hedges, farm vehicles uses it also 😐 

We are doing a lot of sight seeing and some hiking, including an attempt at Snowdon. Enjoy your trip, who knows we may cross path 🙂

sc_1642676599_1034976_49.jpeg

This covered in snow ❄️ 👌🏁 

:eek: 

@AndrueC: Good grief, is that a road or a cycle-path!?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Heh, I have a trip to North Wales in three months as well. Based near Denbigh, visiting golf courses. It'll be an interesting place to be based from given that this is the kind of road that leads to the property:

https://goo.gl/maps/3R4Q9CvuuBNdHBCS6

Good job that after three years of ownership I'm not precious about my car 🙂

Road looks in a decent state, no problems with hedging, its just the width if you meet someone.

• Like 1

I switched from Diesel to Hybrid due to environmental concerns (I came very close to buying a BEV but range degradation in winter is a challenge in relation to my commuting distance and the lack of a reliable charger network is also a concern - I have no charging points at work). So the 2.0 was never an option, really, although I sure would like its 'oomph' sometimes 😉  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bunnyrabbit03 said:

So the 2.0 was never an option, really, although I sure would like its 'oomph' sometimes

Yeah, that's it. 99.999 % percent of the time, the extra oomph is not useable, or even necessary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bunnyrabbit03 said:

I switched from Diesel to Hybrid due to environmental concerns (I came very close to buying a BEV but range degradation in winter is a challenge in relation to my commuting distance and the lack of a reliable charger network is also a concern - I have no charging points at work). So the 2.0 was never an option, really, although I sure would like its 'oomph' sometimes 😉  

Everyone considered an bev as only car in the household and if you use the car for anything else other than town drive or short commute please watch this video and see how these perform when asked to work, even big Battery once are no go, a diesel one or bigger engine hybrid would do the job much better, and perhaps as ecological. 

• Thanks 1

Hi guys. Just to thank you all for the great info and experiences of the 1.8 and 2.0 Corollas. So I tried both 1.8 HB (tried first) and 2.0 TS. I preferred the 2.0, felt closer in performance to my current car. So have ordered 2.0 TS Excel in Obsidian Blue. Now the long wait, told it will likely be May and maybe June.

The wife also bought the new Aygo X. Luckily they had one in the showroom just for the 2 hrs we happened to be there. Apparently the only one in the UK and was touring the country. Looks like a nice little mini SUV. But bought blind as no test drives are possible, but she tried the outgoing Aygo as closest to it.

• Like 4

I knew you would go for 2.0ltr! 🙂

Congratulation and I wish you to be patient now! 😉

Did you go for any other options with the new Excel?

• Thanks 1

Very nice - although May/June? I wonder if that's the new estimate, or just for the Excel? My GR 2.0 TS was estimated mid July, and I ordered that almost a month ago.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, VladMD said:

I knew you would go for 2.0ltr! 🙂

Congratulation and I wish you to be patient now! 😉

Did you go for any other options with the new Excel?

Thanks. TBH probably so did I!!! I didn't go for sunroof or JB audio. They have given me the Essential Protection+ pack FOC. Also got first two services plus Supagard protection for £299. I dont usually take body protection as have all the gear to do that myself, but services are expensive (£230 first, £380 second) so was worth taking out.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

The TS I feel has to be 2.0, Well done!

Cheers! Look forward to it arriving.

4 hours ago, Notfer said:

Very nice - although May/June? I wonder if that's the new estimate, or just for the Excel? My GR 2.0 TS was estimated mid July, and I ordered that almost a month ago.

He told me that they are now picking up pace and cars are arriving earlier tahn original estimates. He told us the Aygo X for wife should be here in April and my TS probably in May but maybe pushed back to June. Not got anything in writing though yet!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DaveMatt7 said:

Thanks. TBH probably so did I!!! I didn't go for sunroof or JB audio. They have given me the Essential Protection+ pack FOC. Also got first two services plus Supagard protection for £299. I dont usually take body protection as have all the gear to do that myself, but services are expensive (£230 first, £380 second) so was worth taking out.

Thats not a bad deal! I would take JBL though as well as an extra, not bothered about sunroof.

If my local garage approached me with similar offer I would probably agree to put a deposit in!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaveMatt7 said:

He told me that they are now picking up pace and cars are arriving earlier tahn original estimates. He told us the Aygo X for wife should be here in April and my TS probably in May but maybe pushed back to June. Not got anything in writing though yet!

I have just been on Toyota website and its now quoting 27 weeks for  2.0 TS Excel which would be mid August, not May as they told me on Saturday when ordered. I have to go back tomorrow so am going to ask about this.

• Like 2