Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catalytic converter thefts

DaveDom

Hey. Was wondering about Auris 2010-2011 diesels? Are they targeted also or it's only for hybrids and petrols? I'm looking to buy a new Toyota cuz my Prius 2008 cat was stolen. Quite a stressful experience to say the least.. So i just sold the car entirely. Now i'm lookin for another car (preferably Toyota) to buy and i'm wondering if i should buy Auris. If diesels are also being targeted then i might pass on Toyota altogether sadly. I'm lookin at 2010/11/12 Gen1 facelift 1.4 D-4D. Any info would be highly appreciated.

Generally speaking its only the hybrids which thieves target because the cats on those are worth more. 

And 1.6 because the cats and exhaust on these in general has the same layout and easy to get to. 👍

It is the same as the yaris you asked about, the cat and the manifold are near identical - taxes, fuel and emission will soon make small diesels uneconomical- A Yaris hybrid may fit your needs and should return 50-60 real world MPG (24 KM/L)

• Like 1