Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Personal profile not loading, etc

cucuyo

57 minutes ago, Persimmon said:

I've sent the bug report via the MyT app a few weeks ago, and received this message from Toyota today:

I had to smile when I noticed that a car manufacturer does not know how to spell brake! Useful to know however and definitely worth a try. I wonder if this will help with journey recording as well?

• Haha 1

My iPhone seems to connect to the car via Wi-Fi and not bluetooth even though it’s switched on, on phone and paired. CarPlay works but profile doesn’t load

2 hours ago, simond64 said:

My iPhone seems to connect to the car via Wi-Fi and not Bluetooth even though it’s switched on, on phone and paired. CarPlay works but profile doesn’t load

Yes I discovered that is how CarPlay Works. It uses bluetooth to initiate the connection then creates its own Wi-Fi network and shows disconnected in bluetooth settings. That is why you have to switch CarPlay off if you want to connect the car to Wi-Fi or connect your phone to a dash cam for example.

Great. 

After one month of it playing nicely, I have now had 3 days of the Profile not loading message every 10 mins. It is so annoying!!!!

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but can you add multiple profiles? My wife has a MyT profile and she drove it yesterday the data wasn’t recorded as my phone and the profile did not load; she drove as guest?

Back on topic now, had the car since Thursday as profile not loaded twice. I rebooted the iPhone yesterday, out twice today and profile loaded both times?

regards

1 hour ago, ic2 said:

Slightly off topic but can you add multiple profiles? My wife has a MyT profile and she drove it yesterday the data wasn’t recorded as my phone and the profile did not load; she drove as guest?

Back on topic now, had the car since Thursday as profile not loaded twice. I rebooted the iPhone yesterday, out twice today and profile loaded both times?

regards

I’m sure the manual says somewhere that once you have a driver profile set up it will work in any Toyota with the same multimedia system. Presumably your wife will need to log in to the car from her MyT account and scan the QR code then link her phone to activate her profile in the car.

• Thanks 1

Yeh still waiting, i gave up and went to Toyota and they even had trouble with it but did get it working for 3 days and its now dropped again, i have bluetooth AA and it works for BBC Radio and Phone calls but not mirroring, the lads at Toyota said it was a new system and even they were not sure how it works, one guy who works on the Lexus system had  to do a seperate course and another lad did the training for the JVC unit which is the one i have, its annoying to say the least so one can only hope that Toyota can come up with a fix but as my Garage said Toyota Ireland are only a speck in the world to them yet they sell a hell of allot of cars in Ireland.

As for Toyota sat nav well that takes you mainly on the main routes as i used it to come back from a Holiday when i met up with my son, AA worked all the way up to Ennis taking me accross country through places iver never seen before but it was quick sadly as i say Toyota sat nav stuck to the busy main roads which took longer.

Anyway folks happy motering, stay safe and take care of yourselves.

Slightly off topic, but today I had a ride in a Lexus NX 450h+, a 70k€ PHEV car. It has the same infotainment OS as our newer Corollas, and it has the same issue of Profile not loading, but even worse: the "Profile not loaded" message appears every 10 minutes while driving. You just have to dismiss it every time. Quite ridiculous. Lexus owners forums are full of reports and somewhat disappointed people. 

I think these multimedia issues will worsen Toyota's/Lexus' reliability record in the long run.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Persimmon said:

Slightly off topic, but today I had a ride in a Lexus NX 450h+, a 70k€ PHEV car. It has the same infotainment OS as our newer Corollas, and it has the same issue of Profile not loading, but even worse: the "Profile not loaded" message appears every 10 minutes while driving. You just have to dismiss it every time. Quite ridiculous. Lexus owners forums are full of reports and somewhat disappointed people. 

I think these multimedia issues will worsen Toyota's/Lexus' reliability record in the long run.

I too have this issue - as it should recognise my iPhone (works) as this is the only profile in it - but i have to go into my phone settings and tap bluetooth - then it immediately recognises the phone.

This really should recognise every time you are in the vehicle when switched on... but it doesn't seem to.

On 8/14/2022 at 11:08 AM, ic2 said:

regards

I have been following the advice given by Toyota to @Persimmon above and keeping the car in Park until the profile has loaded. I get into the car, switch on straight away then  fasten seatbelt etc. while the profile loads. It only takes a few seconds and so far I have not had a single failure to load my profile. I have an iPhone 7 and have Apple Car Play switched on. Probably tempting providence posting this.....

• Like 2

Can I ask, what are people going to use their personal profile for? Yes I know it should work without all the problems and frustrations highlighted in this topic, I managed to get mine working when I originally got the car but haven't used it since.

Am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, 50p said:

Can I ask, what are people going to use their personal profile for? Yes I know it should work without all the problems and frustrations highlighted in this topic, I managed to get mine working when I originally got the car but haven't used it since.

Am I missing something?

The car SHOULD remember your settings if you are the only driver but the multimedia system will sometimes reset itself and forget everything. Your driver profile is stored on the web and restores all your personal settings to the car. Also if you do a complete factory reset on the system your driver profile will restore your favourite settings and destinations without you having to set everything up again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

The car SHOULD remember your settings if you are the only driver but the multimedia system will sometimes reset itself and forget everything. Your driver profile is stored on the web and restores all your personal settings to the car. Also if you do a complete factory reset on the system your driver profile will restore your favourite settings and destinations without you having to set everything up again.

Thanks, I didn't realise that.

I never enabled any of that stuff on mine; Don't trust the long term functionality of anything cloud-based.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cyker said:

I never enabled any of that stuff on mine; Don't trust the long term functionality of anything cloud-based.

no I don't remember doing that either.

• 3 weeks later...

Personal Profile. 

I am getting a profile setup failure with my Yaris Cross. I get as far as MyT App scanning the on screen QR Code and then get failed, try again.  I have also tried entering the code, still fails. 

It might be at the Server end, it being a Sunday.  Any other ideas? 

Is your cell phone working? Our whole area's down at the moment and there's a rumour that there's been some sort of underground hacking attempts on cellphone infrastructure which has knocked out a random bunch of cell towers in some locations across the country.

Anything that's affected by that won't be able to access the internet until the cell tower companies can reset the affected towers.

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Personal Profile. 

I am getting a profile setup failure with my Yaris Cross. I get as far as MyT App scanning the on screen QR Code and then get failed, try again.  I have also tried entering the code, still fails. 

It might be at the Server end, it being a Sunday.  Any other ideas? 

Not sure about the Yaris Cross but on the Corolla there is an option on the multimedia menu to reset all data and settings. That is worth a try if you haven't already done it.

Cyker, no fine here.

IMD,I will have a look.  Going to the dealer Wednesday so see then if no fix.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Cyker, no fine here.

IMD,I will have a look.  Going to the dealer Wednesday so see then if no fix.

Roy, which Lincolnshire dealer did you get yours from?

3 hours ago, Kental said:

Roy, which Lincolnshire dealer did you get yours from?

Listers

Hi Ian,

Bit of an Update, Toyota.eu did get back to me and i have been working with a local tech guy at the Garage i bought the car from, since it working then not and so on its been working fairly well since  a couple of weeks after i made that post, it seems the Head unit has a Sim in it and pairing then keeping it paired with the Phone can take time but once done it seems to stick, also Toyota have been updating the Software,  i remeber i had the same issue with my CH R but i used a cable to get AA to work something that seems to tottaly confuse the new system, so now i dont hook up the cable just get in press the start and wait for it to all hook up. One thing that really bugs me is Toyota sell wind deflectors down under but not in Europe, i found some in New Zealand but the Garage never got back to me and i was not prepared to stay up till 3am so as i could email them direct and get a reply instead of Toyota.nz.

Anyway i hope that Toyota got back to you in the end. Happy Motoring 👍

Edited by RDPP
Spelling

P.S. Ian,

I was also told by the Tech guy that Toyota tend to favout Apple over Android, who knows? but just reading your other post it seems like i do what you do and its working

18 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Listers

My Corolla was from Listers Lincoln (even though I live in Kent), they have chased up Toyota Customer Relations, but the answer was just we are aware of it, and an update will be released in the future.

The issues and problems with the MyT App are not connected with any Profile you have on the unit in the car.  They are separate.

I did not load any profile onto my car until a couple of months after downloading the app to my phone.  The App worked fine with no issues at all... then 6 weeks later it started not to track journeys, lose signal, still told me i was up in Carlisle when i was down in Chester, etc. etc. etc.

2 weeks later i decided to load a profile (which loads fine with no issues and also connects to my phone) but the MyT App still has faults.

That was back in April and we are now in September and Toyota still have not contacted my (although they have a job card at the dealership) to get it fixed... if they ever can!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links