Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Personal profile not loading, etc

cucuyo

I have been reading this topic thinking how lucky I was that my iPhone 7 has worked flawlessly with my MY2022 Corolla - until this morning! Starting the car first thing today brought up the Profile not loaded message. Selecting Settings then my profile sorted it although it asked me to connect to MyT account which I ignored as it is already connected. Out of 5 more starts, two loaded my profile correctly, two failed and required me to select my profile, one failed and insisted on MyT password and the last one I dismissed! There seems to be no pattern to why it sometimes fails.

The navigation manual on page 58 refers to [Link key] and says that Driver identification is performed using
the vehicle’s smart key and the applicable profile is loaded. I cannot find how to do this and wondering if any other members know? The footnote says "Refer to the Owners Manual" but I cannot find any reference to this feature there either.

I found the answer to my own question here and [link key] seems not to be available on my car so possibly suppressed in the UK? It should allow your smart key/fob to identify and load a driver profile instead of a smartphone.

I may have stumbled across a workaround if other members with this issue would like to try it. Immediately after the Ready beep when starting the car, engage Reverse gear to display the reversing camera. Leave for a few seconds before engaging Drive and then check if the User Profile has loaded. I had 100% success rate with this method today, albeit with only 3 or 4 starts. It seems too ridiculous to be true but I almost always put the car into reverse when starting, either  to back out of the garage or when leaving a parking space, and had not discovered this problem until yesterday when I left it in park to observe whether or not the driver profile loaded.

Instead of the annoying "Profile not Loaded" message I got a new one this morning 5 minutes after setting off and about a mile from home. My User Profile had loaded after I reversed out of the garage but a few minutes later this new message appeared on the Navigation screen:

"Cannot sync Profile with Account, please enter password to continue". The options were Cancel or Continue so when I had stopped the car I selected Continue, entered MyT password, accepted the next prompt then rescanned the QR code (again) to reconnect it to MyT account. At this point the car was being displayed as still at home on the MyT App. A few minutes later after leaving the car I noted that its position had updated to where I had parked it.

The fact that the Profile had loaded when I left home suggests to me that the Profile loading issue is with Toyota rather than Apple as has been suggested. I am beginning to wish I had kept my 2019 Corolla as I never had the sort of irritation this new one seems to be causing.

I had this issue and fixed it last weekend and haven’t had anything since.  

I reset all settings on my cars infotainment system and at the same time removed my car from Apple CarPlay and then reconnected everything. As I said it’s been nearly a week now and so far so good. 

13 hours ago, ChrisHRocks said:

I had this issue and fixed it last weekend and haven’t had anything since.  

I reset all settings on my cars infotainment system and at the same time removed my car from Apple CarPlay and then reconnected everything. As I said it’s been nearly a week now and so far so good. 

That is useful to know. I thought about doing the same but didn't know how it would affect the Smart Services subscription if I disconnected it. Am I right in thinking you are no longer using using Apple Car Play? Mine seems completely random; sometimes my profile loads perfectly and other times it fails. I cannot see any consistent reason for it.

6 hours ago, eyemdee said:

That is useful to know. I thought about doing the same but didn't know how it would affect the Smart Services subscription if I disconnected it. Am I right in thinking you are no longer using using Apple Car Play? Mine seems completely random; sometimes my profile loads perfectly and other times it fails. I cannot see any consistent reason for it.

I’m still using Apple car play every day. After I reset infotainment system and removed the car from CarPlay on my phone. I connected everything again.

It’s worked perfectly ever since. 

I’ve not actually connected my app to the multimedia system yet so haven’t experienced any ‘profile not loaded’ issues. 

What do you gain by connecting them?

1 hour ago, StreetHawk said:

I’ve not actually connected my app to the multimedia system yet so haven’t experienced any ‘profile not loaded’ issues. 

What do you gain by connecting them?

I think I am right in saying you need to connect your MyT account to the multimedia system to get access to the Smart Services data like live mapping for the Cloud Navigation and software updates. You also need to subscribe to Smart Services in the app which is free for the first 4 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eyemdee said:

I think I am right in saying you need to connect your MyT account to the multimedia system to get access to the Smart Services data like live mapping for the Cloud Navigation and software updates. You also need to subscribe to Smart Services in the app which is free for the first 4 years.

Thanks for the info 👍

Not only does my profile sometimes not load but now the car has also stopped recording journeys. I travelled from home to the East Coast yesterday and according to the MyT app my car is now parked 30 miles away where I stopped for a coffee! I had to click on my profile when I set off from there and the navigation worked fine but the journey has just not recorded. The car mileage displayed in the app is correct so I really don’t understand what is going on. Any advice appreciated.

It must be something about the East Coast. My car, profile loading and MyT worked perfectly until yesterday. My profile still loads fine every journey and the car tells me if it is unlocked. However it says it is still in Lowestoft and I left there at around 2pm yesterday. Done about 6 journeys since, the time it says I finished driving is correct, just the wrong location.

Just checked the car, the mileage agrees to MyT so the DCM is communicating just not all information.

54 minutes ago, Kental said:

It must be something about the East Coast. My car, profile loading and MyT worked perfectly until yesterday. My profile still loads fine every journey and the car tells me if it is unlocked. However it says it is still in Lowestoft and I left there at around 2pm yesterday. Done about 6 journeys since, the time it says I finished driving is correct, just the wrong location.

I went and checked mine this morning and it’s mileage agreed with the app. I reconnected it to MyT account for about the 4th time! The car’s location updated straight away but the last journey recorded was to Wragby where it appears it disconnected from my account as I entered the car park in the market place. I am thinking about doing a total reset on the multimedia system and setting everything up again from scratch. Something is wrong with the link between the system and MyT account.

The DCM system on Toyota is IMHO pretty flawed!

Scotty Kilmer in the US was right when he said Toyota have gone downhill.  "only buy one that's made in Japan"...

Mine was made in Belgium... and am on the 4th issue already since March!

11 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

Mine was made in Belgium...

Referring just to the DCM??

European market Corollas are built in the UK (hatchback & Touring Sport) and Turkiye (saloon).

On 7/11/2022 at 9:59 PM, Kental said:

Just checked the car, the mileage agrees to MyT so the DCM is communicating just not all information.

Hence the system is flawed and Toyota should sort out under warranty!

I have a job card in at my local Toyota dealership but will not authorise the work as they want to ensure with Toyota GB the work is under warranty.

6 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Referring just to the DCM??

European market Corollas are built in the UK (hatchback & Touring Sport) and Turkiye (saloon).

No.

The door card states Belgium.

21 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

Scotty Kilmer in the US was right when he said Toyota have gone downhill.  "only buy one that's made in Japan"...

Just goes to show, these people know jack s**t about anything, let alone global automotive production, even though they give an impression to some that they do  🙄

• Like 1

Just now, Tech429 said:

No.

The door card states Belgium.

No. The door card may be made in Belgium, the car is assembled in the UK or Turkiye depending whether it is a hatchback, TS or saloon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parts-King said:

Just goes to show, these people know jack ***** about anything, let alone global automotive production, even though they give an impression to some that they do  🙄

Although usually it has always been the case for Japan made then the best!

I had a Toshiba TV built in the UK and had no end of issues.  A mate of mine had a Japanese built one same model and never went wrong.  So some truth in Japanese made is best!

Just now, FROSTYBALLS said:

No. The door card may be made in Belgium, the car is assembled in the UK or Turkiye depending whether it is a hatchback, TS or saloon.

Possibly.  Wonder why just the door card made in Belgium?  I'm not surprised at anything anymore!

It's an urban myth, proved many times over and perpetuated over and over 

7 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

Possibly.  Wonder why just the door card made in Belgium?  I'm not surprised at anything anymore!

Look at your VIN - if the first two letters are SB it was UK built, if the first three letters are NMT it was Turkish built.

Toyota don't have a car assembly plant in Belgium.

The door card would probably have been made by a supplier in Belgium.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Look at your VIN - if the first two letters are SB it was UK built, if the first three letters are NMT it was Turkish built.

Toyota don't have a car assembly plant in Belgium.

The door card would probably have been made by a supplier in Belgium.

It is SB.

Strange that really regarding the card...

10 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

It is SB.

Strange that really regarding the card...

Not really - Corolla hatch & touring sports are both assembled here in the UK, that doesn't mean all the parts come from UK suppliers.

FWIW: Ukraine is / was a source of a lot of different vehicle manufactures wiring harnesses - the war has really affected new vehicle availability for a lot of different manufactures as they have to move production away & set up elsewhere. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links