Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Personal profile not loading, etc

cucuyo

On 7/7/2022 at 11:17 PM, ChrisHRocks said:

I had this issue and fixed it last weekend and haven’t had anything since.  

I reset all settings on my cars infotainment system and at the same time removed my car from Apple CarPlay and then reconnected everything. As I said it’s been nearly a week now and so far so good. 

I have done the same thing tonight as I am still convinced it is a setup/software issue. The car is showing no signs of not communicating so I don't think the DCM is at fault. 

On 7/7/2022 at 11:17 PM, ChrisHRocks said:

I had this issue and fixed it last weekend and haven’t had anything since.  

I reset all settings on my cars infotainment system and at the same time removed my car from Apple CarPlay and then reconnected everything. As I said it’s been nearly a week now and so far so good. 

@ChrisHRocks Did you remove the car from your MyT account as well? I did the System Reset and disconnected the Car Multimedia from the phone then set it all up again from scratch. It worked ok for a couple of days then started playing up again. Profile not loaded, Guest Mode Activated and also some journeys still not recorded in the App.

Having the same "Profile not loaded", I thought I'd just remove my profile altogether. I don't care about personal settings and sync, as I'm the only driver. I also don't care about real time traffic and other live services.

However, after restarting the car, I got a "Welcome" greeting setup screen with "Choose your language" menu. I thought I can keep using the whole system with a "permanent" guest profile, but no, I have to log in to my personal profile 😞

Am I missing something? Is there a way to use the infotainment system without having a profile at all?

15 minutes ago, Persimmon said:

Having the same "Profile not loaded", I thought I'd just remove my profile altogether. I don't care about personal settings and sync, as I'm the only driver. I also don't care about real time traffic and other live services.

However, after restarting the car, I got a "Welcome" greeting setup screen with "Choose your language" menu. I thought I can keep using the whole system with a "permanent" guest profile, but no, I have to log in to my personal profile 😞

Am I missing something? Is there a way to use the infotainment system without having a profile at all?

I used my car without adding a personal profile for the 1st 3 weeks, no issues at all. You must be able to revert back to that setting? 

58 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

I used my car without adding a personal profile for the 1st 3 weeks, no issues at all. You must be able to revert back to that setting? 

So did I, as the salesman didn't set things up properly but I don't know how he managed it! It was annoying though because on one journey I got the message "Attention, in 1 mile, road works" at least 5 times when there wasn't a cone in sight! The backup mapping data is not to be relied on!

Is there not a "Do not show this screen again" option on the one after the language screen?

12 hours ago, eyemdee said:

So did I, as the salesman didn't set things up properly but I don't know how he managed it! It was annoying though because on one journey I got the message "Attention, in 1 mile, road works" at least 5 times when there wasn't a cone in sight! The backup mapping data is not to be relied on!

Is there not a "Do not show this screen again" option on the one after the language screen?

I didn’t see one 😞

when I got the car from the dealer originally there were no profiles, but the nav system did not work because “connected services” were not enabled. 

5 hours ago, Persimmon said:

I didn’t see one 😞

when I got the car from the dealer originally there were no profiles, but the nav system did not work because “connected services” were not enabled. 

I have replayed the 5 minute (!) handover of the car from the SD card in the Dashcam. It appears that the salesman connected the phone in bluetooth & Devices and then added the car to MyT account. He did NOT connect the phone in Linked Devices therefore no profile would load when the car was switched on. The navigation worked ok but as Smart Services had not been enabled I don't think it was using live data. You could try forgetting the phone in Linked Devices and see if that works for you. You need to enable both Connected Services and Smart Services in the MyT App.

I am now experimenting with Apple Car Play switched right off as I am beginning to think there may be a conflict between Apple Play and the Toyota DCM. On one of my journeys which did not fully record I think I received a text at about the time it stopped recording. I can still use the phone in the same way as I could in my previous car and I am not too bothered about streaming music. It seems to load my profile fine and is so far recording journeys correctly but does not show the Loading Settings screen after it connects.

I would strongly recommend any user with this profile loading and/or journeys not recording issues to use the App Support link in the App and notify Toyota directly of the problem as I have done. The more reports they receive the quicker they may find a resolution.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 1:13 PM, eyemdee said:

I have replayed the 5 minute (!) handover of the car from the SD card in the dashcam. It appears that the salesman connected the phone in Bluetooth & Devices and then added the car to MyT account. He did NOT connect the phone in Linked Devices therefore no profile would load when the car was switched on. The navigation worked ok but as Smart Services had not been enabled I don't think it was using live data. You could try forgetting the phone in Linked Devices and see if that works for you. You need to enable both Connected Services and Smart Services in the MyT App.

I would strongly recommend any user with this profile loading and/or journeys not recording issues to use the App Support link in the App and notify Toyota directly of the problem as I have done. The more reports they receive the quicker they may find a resolution.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've tried forgetting the phone in the Linked devices, but that did not help: the system still shows the "Guest mode activated" message on startup, with two buttons: "Dismiss" and "Settings". What an utter useless feature!

I did send a message via App Support, and I too encourage others to do the same. This car supposedly can receive over-the-air updates, so let them do their job, fix this issue and release an update.

1 hour ago, Persimmon said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I've tried forgetting the phone in the Linked devices, but that did not help: the system still shows the "Guest mode activated" message on startup, with two buttons: "Dismiss" and "Settings". What an utter useless feature!

I never got the Guest Profile message during my first week with the car. Try doing a complete System Reset on the Multimedia System and delete the car from your phone in bluetooth settings. Then reconnect the car to your MyT account and pair the phone but without setting the Linked Device. I am still experimenting with Apple Car Play switched off. No problem so far loading the profile but journeys are still not recording and Find My Car keeps showing it in the wrong place.

I did delete my profile and phone from the infotainment system, then only connected the phone back, without connecting the app or my profile - no main driver

It seems to be working now - doesn't ask me to log in to a profile at all, and the app still records my trips

Will see if anything changes next few days

I'm based in Bulgaria and have the same issue on TS 2.0 MY22, contacted the MyT support, they forwarded the request to Toyota Motor Europe - turns out it's a known software issue with the DCM on this MY, but the developers haven't found a permanent solution, yet...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Niky said:

I did delete my profile and phone from the infotainment system, then only connected the phone back, without connecting the app or my profile - no main driver

It seems to be working now - doesn't ask me to log in to a profile at all, and the app still records my trips

Will see if anything changes next few days

Thanks, I never thought of that workaround although I have tried everything else. I thought that if the car was not linked to the App then nothing would work but it seems that once the App knows the VIN number it stays connected. I have done the same as you and deleted the main driver profile, paired the phone in bluetooth & Devices, then chose not to link to MyT account and checked the box to stop the setup screen appearing on startup. It starts up now with no Profile messages at all. We will see whether it works! Thanks again for the tip!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 3:45 PM, Persimmon said:

Yes, you can set the Multimedia System as the main driver. Delete your main driver profile altogether then restart the system. Choose English on the Language screen then select the link to NOT connect to your MyT account. Check the box on the next screen not to display the opening screen on startup. Re-pair your phone in bluetooth Devices and you should be good to go. No more profile messages! The car remains in your MyT App anyway.

5 hours ago, eyemdee said:

Yes, you can set the Multimedia System as the main driver. Delete your main driver profile altogether then restart the system. Choose English on the Language screen then select the link to NOT connect to your MyT account. Check the box on the next screen not to display the opening screen on startup. Re-pair your phone in Bluetooth Devices and you should be good to go. No more profile messages! The car remains in your MyT App anyway.

Just to clarify: this works even if I connect the phone for wireless Apple CarPlay?

And you said the car remains in the MyT app anyway: does that mean the data is still recorded in the app, like mileage, current position, etc?

4 hours ago, Persimmon said:

Just to clarify: this works even if I connect the phone for wireless Apple CarPlay?

And you said the car remains in the MyT app anyway: does that mean the data is still recorded in the app, like mileage, current position, etc?

I only set this up last night and haven't driven anywhere yet so will report back when I discover whether journeys are being correctly recorded in the App. Yes I have Apple Car Play connected wirelessly and all seems fine with that. Mileage, current position and time last on are displaying in the App correctly. As I understand it my main driver profile is still stored on the web but will only activate if I log in to MyT account on the multimedia screen. The main driver is now shown as CAR MULTIMEDIA when the car is switched on and there are no more profile loading messages. Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

I only set this up last night and haven't driven anywhere yet so will report back when I discover whether journeys are being correctly recorded in the App. Yes I have Apple Car Play connected wirelessly and all seems fine with that. Mileage, current position and time last on are displaying in the App correctly. As I understand it my main driver profile is still stored on the web but will only activate if I log in to MyT account on the multimedia screen. The main driver is now shown as CAR MULTIMEDIA when the car is switched on and there are no more profile loading messages. Hope this helps.

Thank you, this is very valuable!

I'm a bit scared to try this because I've tried it before, and haven't noticed the option " to NOT connect to your MyT account", or the "not to display the opening screen on startup.". So I started the "connect to MyT account" process, where you have to scan a QR code. But I couldn't scan with the MyT app, because there was no QR scanner — since the profile was already loaded in the app. I didn't know what to do, freaked out a little and even tried re-installing the MyT app on my iPhone (which didn't help), and at some point it just logged in by itself somehow...

23 minutes ago, Persimmon said:

Thank you, this is very valuable!

I'm a bit scared to try this because I've tried it before, and haven't noticed the option " to NOT connect to your MyT account", or the "not to display the opening screen on startup.". So I started the "connect to MyT account" process, where you have to scan a QR code. But I couldn't scan with the MyT app, because there was no QR scanner — since the profile was already loaded in the app. I didn't know what to do, freaked out a little and even tried re-installing the MyT app on my iPhone (which didn't help), and at some point it just logged in by itself somehow...

I understand how you feel! I have a technical background and it has taken me weeks to get my head around how this technology is supposed to work. The QR scanner is well hidden in  the App: from the Garage select the car then on the next screen scroll the car to the left. Then click on Login on multimedia device and it will appear. The salesman that handed my car over didn't know that either and told me to select the camera on my phone! I now think that the VIN number and driver profiles are permanently attached to the App until perhaps the vehicle is removed from the App altogether. I have tried everything to resolve the issue without success but this time I am hopeful.

UPDATE:

Just been out for a first test with the main driver profile deleted from the car. It looks promising. No profile messages on startup and the Personal Info screen in setup is now shown as CAR MULTIMEDIA. I did two journeys that I do regularly and noted after switching off that the car's location updated in the app almost immediately. A few minutes later the journey data updated. Finally the mileage and fuel updated. The Navigation Live Data is also working as it warned me and displayed the location of some road works with temporary traffic lights. Fingers crossed this workaround will suffice until Toyota can fix the issue.

23 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

UPDATE:

Just been out for a first test with the main driver profile deleted from the car. It looks promising. No profile messages on startup and the Personal Info screen in setup is now shown as CAR MULTIMEDIA. I did two journeys that I do regularly and noted after switching off that the car's location updated in the app almost immediately. A few minutes later the journey data updated. Finally the mileage and fuel updated. The Navigation Live Data is also working as it warned me and displayed the location of some road works with temporary traffic lights. Fingers crossed this workaround will suffice until Toyota can fix the issue.

There was a fix / update on the MyT app yesterday and it seems to now be recording  all journeys in quick time now on MY22 so fingers crossed that issue is sorted 

On 7/22/2022 at 12:01 PM, eyemdee said:

UPDATE:

Oh well, back to the drawing board! After 2 days behaving perfectly, yesterday morning the car would not connect to my phone. Even after re-pairing I had to reboot the phone before it would connect. 75 miles later with no journeys recorded, Find My Car said it was still at home although the mileage, fuel and arrival time had all updated. I had to sign into my account using the QR code again before it updated its position but still no record of the 75 mile journey. Will have to wait for software update methinks.

The loading personal profile error has been broken for over 3 months now, Toyota says it’sa know issue but I’ve not seen anything announced or any others made. In fact further issues have surfaced, initially the car journeys and location were correct and timely in MyT app, now it’s wrong al off the time, location can take a day to update and journeys don’t get recorded, very frustrating having to press dismiss on every start up and if u have settings then unless you manually input the password you have to set every time. Just some communication on progress or what the issues are from Toyota would be nice rather than nothing at all

I was dreading having this issue when I collected my GR sport but the profile has never failed to load in the 3 weeks I have had the car. I wonder if it is a manufacture date / phone model issue.

Has anyone tried linking the profile to the smart key? I cannot find any way to do it but the manual insists that it can be done. There is no note suggesting that it is model specific. 

1 hour ago, simond64 said:

The loading personal profile error has been broken for over 3 months now, Toyota says it’sa know issue but I’ve not seen anything announced or any others made. In fact further issues have surfaced, initially the car journeys and location were correct and timely in MyT app, now it’s wrong al off the time, location can take a day to update and journeys don’t get recorded, very frustrating having to press dismiss on every start up and if u have settings then unless you manually input the password you have to set every time. Just some communication on progress or what the issues are from Toyota would be nice rather than nothing at all

I have so far managed to avoid the annoying password input screen by dismissing the Guest Profile message then clicking on phone, selecting my phone, then connecting it, then switching on CarPlay. After that I have been able to load my profile without having to enter the MyT password and the journey has recorded. It’s still a pain though and it is not recording all journeys. Toyota have not responded to any support messages yet.

14 minutes ago, Ian.S said:

Has anyone tried linking the profile to the smart key? I cannot find any way to do it but the manual insists that it can be done. There is no note suggesting that it is model specific. 

I asked this question earlier in the topic but nobody responded. I am presuming that feature is suppressed in the UK.

have had 22my a month now, and only 1 journey to my knowledge has it failed to load the profile.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links