Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Personal profile not loading, etc

cucuyo

23 minutes ago, Kental said:

have had 22my a month now, and only 1 journey to my knowledge has it failed to load the profile.

The problem appears to be partly phone related in that the profile fails to load because the phone has failed to connect to the car. Earlier in the thread someone said it was an Apple issue but then others say Samsung phones are affected as well. Does your MyT App record all your journeys and update the car's location after each journey?

On 7/30/2022 at 6:42 PM, eyemdee said:

I asked this question earlier in the topic but nobody responded. I am presuming that feature is suppressed in the UK.

Seems like this feature is suppressed in Finland as well, as I can't link the key to my profile.

29 minutes ago, Persimmon said:

Seems like this feature is suppressed in Finland as well, as I can't link the key to my profile.

Perhaps they haven't written the software for that feature yet! Waiting until they get the mobile phone profiles to work properly before they add more complications?

22 hours ago, eyemdee said:

The problem appears to be partly phone related in that the profile fails to load because the phone has failed to connect to the car. Earlier in the thread someone said it was an Apple issue but then others say Samsung phones are affected as well. Does your MyT App record all your journeys and update the car's location after each journey?

The car's location and all trips are not always correct, but the mileage and any issues with the car not being locked are always reported. My wife doesn't have a profile, but it has recorded on MyT the journeys she did in the car over the weekend so there is no logic there.

1 hour ago, Kental said:

The car's location and all trips are not always correct, but the mileage and any issues with the car not being locked are always reported. My wife doesn't have a profile, but it has recorded on MyT the journeys she did in the car over the weekend so there is no logic there.

That figures. I tried deleting all driver profiles from the car for a few days but it still recorded (some) journeys and the location of the car. It seems that the App is linked to the VIN number so the driver profile doesn't necessarily matter for it to record your trips. It is all very confusing. The MyT app is not working at all for me this afternoon. It just says "We encountered an issue while trying to log you in. Please try again". This is at least the second time I have had this problem recently.

MyT is currently recording about 70% of journeys

1 hour ago, Kental said:

MyT is currently recording about 70% of journeys

Mine is probably about the same but it is too erratic to be sure! 2 out of 3 this morning, 3 out of 3 yesterday and no Guest Profile messages for a few days now.

I somtimes have to sign back in to Myt if it wont reconnect I try again after a few minutes with my phone within bluethooth range this helps.

I also ran a short errant without my phone in the car and to my suprise the journey was still recorded by Myt.

31 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

I somtimes have to sign back in to Myt if it wont reconnect I try again after a few minutes with my phone within bluethooth range this helps.

I also ran a short errant without my phone in the car and to my suprise the journey was still recorded by Myt.

I found that I could just click on the phone icon in the Toyota menu then select my phone, connect it, switch on Apple Car Play then select my driver profile and everything reconnects without having to mess about with the App.

Yes, journeys can be recorded in the App even if no driver profile is loaded (sometimes!). It seems to me that the App works from the car VIN number once this has been connected.

I have just looked at Myt app and none of my menus within the app have a phone setting to click on.

38 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

I have just looked at Myt app and none of my menus within the app have a phone setting to click on.

It's not in the App, it's on the car display. Mine is a 2022 model though so I am not sure if it is there on yours. Reconnecting the phone to the car sorts the profile problem without having to sign in the the App.

On 8/1/2022 at 2:16 PM, eyemdee said:

Interesting, i have been reading this thread because it took me ages to set up Mirroring Android Auto using a Samsumng Note 20 Ultra, like days, i have a Yaris Cross Sol. (Irish)

Anyway the other day i got the Software update then lost the screen mirroring and along with that my Toyota Sat Nav, whatever i do i can not get it to work or get screen mirroring so no Google Maps either however what i can get is BBC Radio on Media through Blootooth and Phone Calls, useing the USB it just starts then says timed out, using bluetooth, well the wheel just goes round and round and will not connect, i also get the profile notifications but just ignore them and my trips are reccorded on the My T app so its looking like a trip to Toyota which is an hour and a halfs drive away as i live in the country, oh the joys of a rural life eh ? I have tried holding the Power button down but it did not reset the Display.

I dont believe it 😂 i just went out again for a last try and methodically went through the whole process again and its just set itself up perfectly, i now have perfect Screen Mirroring, Google Maps, Phone, and even Toyota Maps, i just hope that it all kicks in when i next go for a drive . . . . . Tech eh ? I used the QR code and scanned that so no need for a USB as it hooked up to my T app and it all sort of went from there

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 10:41 PM, eyemdee said:

I went and checked mine this morning and it’s mileage agreed with the app. I reconnected it to MyT account for about the 4th time! The car’s location updated straight away but the last journey recorded was to Wragby where it appears it disconnected from my account as I entered the car park in the market place. I am thinking about doing a total reset on the multimedia system and setting everything up again from scratch. Something is wrong with the link between the system and MyT account.

I just did the very same thing and and after it reset scasnned the QR code now everything seems to be working perfectly, Android Auto, Screen Mirroring, Media, and Toyota sat nav so worth a try, my system went wrong after ther latest sofware update.

• Like 1

Hi eyemdee I have started to turn off Myt if I am not using car for a day or two I have noticed it updates car milage more accurately when I sign back in as on short journeys this is not accurate I suspect this way it forces system to update itself immediately.

The rest of my journey still records ok unless I am parked up in a area of no/ poor phone signal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek.w said:

Hi eyemdee I have started to turn off Myt if I am not using car for a day or two I have noticed it updates car milage more accurately when I sign back in as on short journeys this is not accurate I suspect this way it forces system to update itself immediately.

The rest of my journey still records ok unless I am parked up in a area of no/ poor phone signal.

Mine is just completely erratic. It recorded only 1 out of 4 journeys yesterday and the same today. According to MyT it is still where I parked it this morning for my walk and not back in my garage at all! It is trying and failing to do a software update which must be stopping it from recording journeys. I wish I had kept my 2019 Corolla as this one is far more troublesome.

• Like 1

Yes, same here, find my car isn’t working, usually it’s showing location somewhere I’ve been up to a day ago. Profile still not loading, been 4 months now, I’m beginning to wonder if Toyota have given up on MY22 ever working properly, they are going to upgrade MyT and features in my23, I hope it actually works, there are features in that I expected in MY22 which it seems we will never get. 

Well what do you know after my sucsess yesterday, i went out this morning and its back to its old tricks, NO mirroring and also my Toyota sat nav will not load up properly, wont allow me to set a destination etc just says Error so itlooks like a trip to Toyota, shame really as with my old CHR everything worked ok, ive sent off an email to support so will keep you posted. i think Derek may be on to something with poor phone signal/wifi etc but bluetooth or USB  should still work, USB for me is erratic to say the least, also if you are using a VPN AA will not work.

Oh happy days eh ?

24 minutes ago, RDPP said:

Well what do you know after my sucsess yesterday, i went out this morning and its back to its old tricks, NO mirroring and also my Toyota sat nav will not load up properly, wont allow me to set a destination etc just says Error so itlooks like a trip to Toyota, shame really as with my old CHR everything worked ok, ive sent off an email to support so will keep you posted. i think Derek may be on to something with poor phone signal/wifi etc but Bluetooth or USB  should still work, USB for me is erratic to say the least, also if you are using a VPN AA will not work.

Oh happy days eh ?

I have put 3 support messages in the app and not heard a word back from Toyota so don't hold your breath...

37 minutes ago, RDPP said:

Well what do you know after my sucsess yesterday, i went out this morning and its back to its old tricks, NO mirroring and also my Toyota sat nav will not load up properly, wont allow me to set a destination etc just says Error so itlooks like a trip to Toyota, shame really as with my old CHR everything worked ok, ive sent off an email to support so will keep you posted. i think Derek may be on to something with poor phone signal/wifi etc but Bluetooth or USB  should still work, USB for me is erratic to say the least, also if you are using a VPN AA will not work.

Oh happy days eh ?

AA did work for me but now with Apple, car  play works fine wirelessly, but the profile won’t load with MyT location incorrect and some trips no recorded, now this did work when I first got the car, so something happened later on. 
This my22 head unit is replaced  in MY23, so the unit only appeared for one year, are they working on the new one or fixing this one we are stuck with in my22. 
My My19 never had any of these issues. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, simond64 said:

AA did work for me but now with Apple, car  play works fine wirelessly, but the profile won’t load with MyT location incorrect and some trips no recorded, now this did work when I first got the car, so something happened later on. 
This my22 head unit is replaced  in MY23, so the unit only appeared for one year, are they working on the new one or fixing this one we are stuck with in my22. 
My My19 never had any of these issues. 

Same for me although my profile does usually load now. I don't know how or why! When the guest profile message last appeared I clicked on the phone icon on the left of the navigation screen, selected my phone, reconnected it and switched on Apple Car Play. Since then it has worked every time but then again tomorrow is another day..... It's only recording the occasional journey and usually leaves the car at the end of the last recorded journey. My 2019 Corolla was fine and I am beginning to wish I hadn't changed it!

Other than this issue I’m happy with the Corolla, I don’t use them Toyota satnav due to it taking me down country lanes which my19 didn’t AVC’s was fine, so not I use Apple car play satnav which also gets the speed cameras correct, tutors system seems to have many missing despite the previous car finding  them. 
So I’d say the new head unit in my22 is a total failure, thank goodness CarPlay works and rescues much of what’s missing in the Toyota system. 
As for connected services, I don’t see what we have been given, not even send to car is there yet. I do hope the list of new features in my23 will be present and functioning from day one. 

1 hour ago, simond64 said:

I don’t use the Toyota satnav due to it taking me down country lanes which my19 didn’t 

I have the opposite problem with the new Toyota satnav. When I select shortest route to the East Coast it tries to take me 8 miles further and 20 minutes longer than the route my old one and Google Maps chooses. I have to use the preferred route option and manually select the unclassified road that I always use over the Lincolnshire Wolds. I prefer to use the Toyota navigation as it seems to have very up to date traffic and road works information. I just wish I didn't have to show it the way every time I go!

Hi all with regards to Myt have you checked App Store to see if you are using the latest version.

The satnav I always just wake up my phone after pluging it into the power cord plus open google maps on phone as it refuses to start up from dash maps button after engine start.

The satnav wakes up from accesory mode if you want to use that method before starting.

Satnav wont work if you have used findmy keys or devices and exited that program without returning to the screen that you entered from.

Other 3 party maping programs starting up first stop it working if you need them just start by selecting Google maps from phone first.

Note if it says function not supported or unavable try again as it takes a few seconds for hand shaking protocol to complete.

I've sent the bug report via the MyT app a few weeks ago, and received this message from Toyota today:

Apologies for the problems with profile loading.

This is related to technical issue that Toyota technical team is investigating.

In the meanwhile, you can try the following. When starting the vehicle, keep the vehicle in the Park mode (not reverse or drive ), parking break needs to be on. 
Wait for the profile to load first in the park mode before driving.
We understand this is not the ideal but this should help for the automatically loading profile when connected to Bluetooth.

• Like 1