Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 rear seat mechanism broken

Kieranm9091

My 2012 Auris’ passenger side rear seat release mechanism has broken. The button which is pressed downwards is now loose and is not attached to the actual buckle to release the seat.

Will need to have this fixed, however not sure on the appropriate price. We have been quoted by the Toyota garage £300 + £80 for looking at it in the first place.

What would you say is a decent price?

I am not looking to DIY it either, would rather have someone else do it properly. Image attached isn’t exactly the same mechanism but it’s similar and shows where I mean.

Many thanks

76CEA22A-A521-433A-A36E-0173C47B410F.jpeg

Well if you have money to burn, for a simple job, it may be as simple as the rod has come loose or the seat belt is jammed in it

edit. Pop the button trim off and it is 1 bolt if the rod is disconnected you should be able to lift it up

Button trim is a !Removed! to put back once it's undone tho. Could be a simple fix, just check it yourself.

3 hours ago, furtula said:

Button trim is a !Removed! to put back once it's undone tho. Could be a simple fix, just check it yourself.

Warm it up first ? a jug of hot water or a hair drier should make it more pliable