Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P+ Snow

GiTo1985

Hello, I am confused. I have a 4x4 Tiguan but I need more seats space. 

Can you tell your expérience for divine P+on show ? 

With good winter tires can be safe?

And a Verso 2016 is better on snow or the same? 

All comment can help me. 

Hi, any car with good winter tyres will be better than any 4x4 with summer tyres  on snow, that’s no doubt about it. Prius is a very good car and in winter with good winter tyres will be as good as any other fwd car with same tyres. Tyres are everything, not the driving axle. The advantage on Toyota hybrids over other fwd cars in slippery conditions is the fact that the car pulls on electric power and it’s super smooth with a good amount of torque from 0 rpm, there is also a good traction control that if one wheel spins it will uses the brake to stop it so the other can receive torque and pull away. Here it is also the negative of electronics : if the two driving wheels spins and loose traction the car immediately cut any power to them and you can’t move at all, to override that you need to disable the traction control and then slowly with wheels spins can move out of situations. Prius has my approval for winter use. 👍

• Like 1

Prius on snow with winter tyres is no problem. Done it a few times. I also found driving in B mode helped YMMV.

• Like 1

Have driven our Prius + seven seater with Friction whinter ( GoodYear ice grip 2) tyres for three (Swedish weastcoast)whinters , on snow for about totaly 12 weeks, without any problem

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links