Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022 my UK specifications

Kental

While browsing the Toyota UK media site, I found the attached specification list.  It shows a couple of differences to what I was expecting.

The Icon appears to have lost the reversing camera, but also the Design looks to have lost the part synthetic leather seats.

These facts counter what is shown on the website, has anyone with a my22 of either of the above trims confirm or deny the changes.

220123M-Corolla-Equip-List.pdf

• Thanks 1

That's a good find. I know the website isn't upto date yet - I'm sure they said mid to late feb. That being said, there's a lot of contradictory info on the website, brochure and now that spec list.

Interestingly enough, it says in the spec list above, that the GR has 17inch alloys, where if you spec the 2ltr, it gives you 18inch alloys, according the brochure and the website!

I hadn't noticed that anomaly!!  I've messaged Toyota Customer Services to ask them, when I get a reply, I will update.

• Like 1

Design better not have lost those seats or I will be very angry with them. I will write a letter telling them how angry I am.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

Design better not have lost those seats or I will be very angry with them. I will write a letter telling them how angry I am.

Half leather seats on design are actually really good, if they go back to full cloth trim will be a step backwards. 

• Like 1

Interestingly the website, now with the updated infotainment screen, shows the design to still have the part leather on the configurator list and in the pictures. Hoping that is a typo.

3 hours ago, Hardy888 said:

Is that a team America throwback?:)

• Haha 3

I am not sure that list is correct/up to date. I have a MY 22 TS Icon and it definitely has a reversing camera, a digital cockpit and LED fog lights.

• Like 1

Hoping this isn’t the case as i’ve got what i believe to be a 22MY icon hatch on order and the mrs definitely wants the reversing camera!

Looking at the document, it looks to be the 19my release spec with the GR Sport and the new infotainment cut & pasted in.

A bit shoddy really.

3 hours ago, RzrAzr said:

Is that a team America throwback?:)

Good spot 😉

• Haha 1

I’ve just checked my order form to see if it states upholstery, but just exterior colour is quoted.

I've found that if you ask a question on an article by Toyota Mag UK, you get a response within a day or two, and they're helpful.
I double checked the GR's lack of ambient lighting continuity issue with them and they confirmed its omitted.

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/2022-corolla-and-c-hr-whats-changed/comment-page-4/#comments

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 1:56 PM, Hardy888 said:

My Corolla Design was delivered to my dealer last week and it has the partial leather look seats. This car was ordered last November, and I'm collecting it on 1st March with 22 plates - not long now 🙃 

6 hours ago, Tel_man said:

My Corolla Design was delivered to my dealer last week and it has the partial leather look seats. This car was ordered last November, and I'm collecting it on 1st March with 22 plates - not long now 🙃 

Is it MY22? What engine and body type did you go for?

Engine is 1.8 and body is Hatch Back. Multimedia system is the new version so I am assuming the car is My22

Edited by Tel_man
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tel_man said:

Engine is 1.8 and body is Hatch Back. Multimedia system is the new version so I am assuming the car is My22

That is great news. Which dealer did you get yours from, we got our Yaris from Hendy Christchurch.

9 minutes ago, Tel_man said:

My dealer is Hendy in Bournemouth

Enjoy your Corolla. Waiting impatiently for mine!

4 hours ago, Kental said:

Enjoy your Corolla. Waiting impatiently for mine!

Same! I check everyday, knowing it's not going to make it go any quicker haha

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 1:30 PM, Kental said:

I hadn't noticed that anomaly!!  I've messaged Toyota Customer Services to ask them, when I get a reply, I will update.

Toyota customer services have said:

I am sorry in the delay in getting back to you and thank you for your patience whilst I have looked into this.

Our Product Team have confirmed that the Corolla Design has Black Fabric upholstery and the team are getting this updated on the website, thank you for highlighting this to us.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if I can assist your further.

Thank you for contacting Toyota.

So they are saying the Part Leather is no longer on the Design.

25 minutes ago, Kental said:

Toyota customer services have said:

I am sorry in the delay in getting back to you and thank you for your patience whilst I have looked into this.

Our Product Team have confirmed that the Corolla Design has Black Fabric upholstery and the team are getting this updated on the website, thank you for highlighting this to us.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if I can assist your further.

Thank you for contacting Toyota.

So they are saying the Part Leather is no longer on the Design.

That’s a serious downgrade from half leather seats previously available. Toyota uk is kind of seriously wrong about their customers and their likes. Ireland and rest of eu these Toyotas has a tons of extras available and comes better equipped, uk specs from been best are now actually are getting worse. 

I'm gutted about this. I might have made a different decision on trim if I had known the part leather wasn't included.

24 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

I'm gutted about this. I might have made a different decision on trim if I had known the part leather wasn't included.

This can’t be right. I’m still waiting for my design to be delivered but if it has cloth seats I’ll be rejecting it 

• Like 2

I am hoping it is a left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.  On speaking to my dealer they were unaware of this and as my order is only processing, it just shows paint colour, not interior.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links