Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022 my UK specifications

Kental

Picked my Design up a week ago, and it has part leather look seats.

• Thanks 1

Looks like Toyota UK is confused about this

52 minutes ago, Tel_man said:

Picked my Design up a week ago, and it has part leather look seats.

Yours was ordered & possibly committed to build prior to the 23/01/22 which was the date of the spec list.

I never understand why they keep changing the spec like this - They can't give me what I want because *wave hands* homologation *wave hands* but they can do stupid stuff like this??

I don't think it's real leather anyway so you're not missing much...

4 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I never understand why they keep changing the spec like this - They can't give me what I want because *wave hands* homologation *wave hands* but they can do stupid stuff like this??

I don't think it's real leather anyway so you're not missing much...

Yes, not real but the cloth material on these is a way better than the icon spec which were design too back in 2019-2020. 2021 design came out with very nice half fake leather and hard wearing cloth upholstery on the seating area, I do really like those. They also changed the trek spec with full leather which are good but previous cloth were great. Really they mess about it. 

TBH I've never understood the appeal of leather seats - It just means in winter you get cold shock and in summer you burn your backside :laugh: 

My favourite seats ever were the plushy seats my mates old Passat had - It was soooo comfortable! And because they were plushy you didn't get that hot/cold shock in winter/summer - Just gently warm in summer and nicely insulating in winter.

I don't know why more manufacturers don't use that sort of material as I've never been in another car like it!

The only reason I can think of is that it must be a complete and absolute barsteward to clean...

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

TBH I've never understood the appeal of leather seats - It just means in winter you get cold shock and in summer you burn your backside :laugh: 

My favourite seats ever were the plushy seats my mates old Passat had - It was soooo comfortable! And because they were plushy you didn't get that hot/cold shock in winter/summer - Just gently warm in summer and nicely insulating in winter.

I don't know why more manufacturers don't use that sort of material as I've never been in another car like it!

The only reason I can think of is that it must be a complete and absolute barsteward to clean...

The best of all seats and my favourite are the one I have in my Auris and they are same as Yaris GR and Supra, they have a real leather bolsters , and perforated suede and no cold or hot feeling, they also keep you in your position nicely without been too grabby like the plush you mentioned, just I best to my taste, even the new cars they come with I like a lot but sadly not for me and I can’t afford as second car toy in the house 👌☹️🏎

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm very much a one-car person too, so it has to do everything!

• Like 1

I would put money on it that the seats are still the same half leather ones as before and it’s just that they are called ‘black fabric seats’ by Toyota for some reason. 

This from my sales person by email today

"I can confirm the Design model does come with half leather seats and not full fabric."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My 69 reg Design has full fabric, was this spec changed at some point before 2022 ?

11 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

My 69 reg Design has full fabric, was this spec changed at some point before 2022 ?

for 2021 model year I think.

• Like 1

Can anyone upload pics of the latest uk Corolla gr. I'm not sure what head lights or anything it comes with. Also disappointed to read that physical buttons have been removed from the infotainment system? Any pics of the latest version?

27 minutes ago, Cokezero said:

Can anyone upload pics of the latest uk Corolla gr. I'm not sure what head lights or anything it comes with. Also disappointed to read that physical buttons have been removed from the infotainment system? Any pics of the latest version?

GR comes with the standard reflector headlights.

infotainment yes has been changed to their new connect + screen. Shown in the image attached.

3C7FC066-857B-4AD1-87C7-838C8D7AE412.jpeg

Whats the advantages of the new Connect + screen?  I have a 21 plate TS and I would prefer the buttons....its much quicker I would suspect then touching the screen all the time.

the new screen is great compared to the old version ,the sat nav having tried it out for fun is far superior to the previous version , have`nt found out how to increase the volume yet any tipps welcome.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links