Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air con only working on passenger side.

Mereside

You really need a proper air con technician (which a main dealer should have) that can also look at the pressures in the system while it operates. Doing that is the basis of all diagnostics and what possible action to take next. Its as simple as connecting an air line to a tyre. 

R134a Pressure Gauge Readings (vehicleairconservices.com)

And again... good luck 🙂

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

FINAL UPDATE (Short version .... all fixed)

Having run out of all sensible options I took the car back to the main agent who had previously checked and re gassed the system.

I would add that the are very good and understanding of any issues. 

I went through the issue and all the checks I had done including replacement of the pollen filter (which was dirty). I suggested that the re-gas had not topped up the level and that it should be checked for leaks if it was low. OK they said, it will take 90 mins if you want to wait..... so I did and they told me they intended to get to the bottom of the issue. It took 2 1/2 hours but fair enough they did check for leaks (no leaks) and the level of the system. (it turned out it was only 30% full Ooops).

Topped up, car cleaned and washed all free of charge. I checked it and it works fine now.

I am now happy and thank all contributors who assisted. TonyHSD wins the prize of being right, well done sir.

Kind regards

Mereside.

Pleased to hear its all working of course but it is a bit of a puzzle how the charge could be so low when that has been dealer checked twice before.

Providing the air con is used regularly it should retain its charge for many years. Use it all year round (and at least for 15 minutes a week).