Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota auris is bubbling water when it's start

Emily goldstone

Hi I have a Toyota auris when I brought it the man said there was aproblem with the water going round after driving for about a mile the water was hot and bubbling.  I have had a new water pump fitted and thermostat fitted but the water is still bubbling and get hot the head gasket is not blown as been looked at does anyone no what the cause could be please 

Hi,  

it could be air locked into the system after replacement of thermostat and water pump. This is dangerous for the engine , can cause overheating and blown gasket. Whoever worked on the car needs to double check that first. There is a procedure to bleed the air out that needs to be done after any replacements of fluid or thermostat and pump. Also sometimes even new thermostat can be faulty and not open to let the coolant circulate through the radiator , also important to note if radiator fans kick in and cool down the radiator and coolant. What engine is your car and do you have heating into the cabin? 

if there is no leakage then check the radiator cap, a bad radiator cap can cause coolant to boil as the system doesn't remain under pressure

• 2 weeks later...

who looked at head gasket? Car nut tech on uTube shows how,blue liquid is used which turns yellow by the gas in the rad coolant.i.m.o. a job for an expert.

• Like 1