Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water in boot

Keels

Hi,

Looking for some suggestions, advise or to find out if anyone has had any similar problems. 

The boot of my 06 aygo keeps getting damp/ full of water (mainly worse when it’s been raining) but there’s no clear indication of where it’s come in at.  

I took my spare tyre out the boot and it was full of water so I cleared that out and put everything back in and placed paper over the base of my boot to be able to see if it gets covered with water again- which it has. 

Anyone got any advice or guesses as to where the waters coming from? 

Thank you 🙂

There are many threads on water leaks in Aygo, for rear leaks into the boot, replace the high level rear brake light, tailgate glass bump stops, and rear duct vents behind the rear bumper. Make sure you empty that water out, on heavy braking, that water can shoot forward into the carpets which can go mouldy and take an age to dry out 

I had the same problem with my old 12 plate phoned the dealership and they fix it for free in my car all the rear seats where soaked and the carpet 

Mine was getting wet in the back corner on the passenger side. Sealing around the protruding black circular thing that sits under the edge of the tailgate near the light cluster seemed to solve it for me.

One thing thats often overlooked is the rubber seal around the boot lid opening. It can leave you frustrated/puzzled to find that there is still water in either corner of the boot even after you have seen to all the obvious problem areas i.e. high level brake light seal, indicator light seals (these are just cheap foam and will deteriorate over time) and the rubber lid stops. 

Our 60 plate is now completely dry - picked it up as a run about in November for son/daughter.

Seal the bump stops with silicone sealant, same with high level brake light. Also remove rubber boot seal, clean bodywork, apply silicone and re-fit seal.  Next was to remove rear ights and add extra rubber strips - I used self adhesive draft proofing strips used for doors - applied this to the bodywork round the electrial wireing hole - the rubber on the lights ages. Then finally, re-seal the tail lamps to stop misty lights.

Go buy a tube of clear bathrooon sealant from Wickes, apply to the top brake light (chuck the manky gasket), remove lights and apply to the foam seals, around the protruding bump stops and also remove the bumper and put around the slam vents. Also rub some silicone grease into the boot and door seals. If it still leaks, get someone to apply a hosepipe to it while you are inside looking for leaks.

As everyone has said the main culprit is the top brake light. Ours leaked like a seive and once we did all this is bone dry. Drying the carpets is a nightmare!